1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Control by Anonymous58 - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Andro, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

Even mentioning that Cadmean piece of mediocrity in the same sentence as the other two stories means no Christmas presents for you this year. You've brought this upon yourself.

2. enterGodMode

enterGodMode Squib

Wow, this story is something else, couldn't stop until i read it all, such a shame that it's abandoned. Definitely became my favourite Dark!Harry story.

3. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I'm pretty sure that Cadmean victory was partly inspired by Control, but the author lacked the cohesiveness of plot to match Control. It wasn't enough to keep my attention for more than a few chapters, so i may be wrong and there might have been an upswing in quality, but that's not something that often happens in fanfiction, so I'm doubtful.

The reason that Santi's BWL might remind you of Control and Cadmean victory is that the hook of HP & the BWL is that Harry is going to make the transition from prodigy to dark wizard, as the summary reads

Control is set after that transformation has already occured, and Cadmean victory is also showing that 'slippery slope' argument to using darker methods, though admittedly with not as much subtlety or buildup, but it still achieves its aim.

As long as you add something meaningful to the thread (i.e. not "PLS UPDATE") you can post on any story in the library if you have an opinion on it.

4. Tiberiusnero

Tiberiusnero Muggle

High Score:
    This is the one story that I continue to re-read. I particularly admire how the author depicted Bellatrix and her take on Dark!Harry. It's a shame it's abandoned, a definite 5/5.

5. Priimecrimana13

Priimecrimana13 Muggle

High Score:
    5/5 for me I really loved that harry has control of his magic before hogwarts and I have always been a fan of harry and tonks romance.