1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cover Art for Deathly Hallows unveiled...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by k_writer, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That shit would be dope though... a good way to protect herself if she wanted to write a real bloody battle or a sex scene.

"You mean your kid read the book and now he's going around the house screaming "Fuck you Voldemort!"? Well ma'am, did you buy him the Adult version of the book? Well, there's your problem. YOU SHOULD TAKE SOME FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOUR CHILD IS READING. Have a nice day."

I could easily be persuaded to work for Scholastic's Complaint Network if they would allow me to say that. EASILY.

2. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

I especially like the UK children's version. "Fuck the Horcruxes, let's get rich!" it seems to scream. Maybe that's what the story will be about :)
    The US cover is interesting. Voldemort and Harry seem to be warding something off, rather than fighting each other. My guess is Cthulhu.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  3. Mr Strike

Mr Strike Epic Awesomeness DLP Supporter

Nah, nothing so exciting. From book four onwards had adult versions and it's just snazzier looking cover art.

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

And folks like TEAOS here are why tomato slicers come with instructions.

Fag.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Can't forget the bags of peanuts that "may contain nuts" all because of people who like to sue...

On a side note, does the ring in the background look like a stone Stargate to any of you?

Aekiel

P.S. Them shades in the backgrond seem like Dementors to me.

6. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    That was actually my first thought too. The Prophecy says 'Either must die by the hands of the other, for neither can live while the other survives." While it is implied that 'other' refers to Harry/Voldemort, that may not be the case. With a slight change in capitalization: 'Either must die by the hands of the Other, for neither can live while the Other survives.' That implies something significantly different from the standard interpretation. The entry of a third party would certainly be an interesting twist, and one that not many people would honestly expect.

Hopefully, Rowling will do something like that, and avoid the 'power of love' (bar the only acceptable variety: Harry going completely mad as a result of Voldemort killing his family/friends). We really won't know until the story is actually released, so I still have some hope for the series.

7. Lady Almaren

Lady Almaren Seventh Year

Wow. The kids' UK version was disturbing. Although I think that it's weird that neither Voldemort or Harry have a wand on the cover of the US version and the adult UK version has locket with a green gems on it.

8. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

I have actually been thinking along those lines for a couple of months now. Perhaps someone could write a fic like that. Could be good having them team up. As long as it doesn't have a "I am your father" moment. Star Wars has already done.

Paul
    dark007
    Supreme Commander of the Legion of Psycho Killer Sloths.

9. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

I'm pretty sure the whole "Adult" edition of the books came about because of the snobs complaining to the New York Times about their best seller list having a children's book at the top of its list whenever JKR released the latest version of the book. Because adults aren't allowed to read children's literature, you know...
    :wall:
    Any way the New York Times started a new list for the children's books and by splitting the sales managed to drop her off the lists for awhile...

--bornagainpenguin (who still reads books for entertainment, regardless of their intended audience, not because they're considered adult literature..)

10. Jamven

Well, Ron Weasley has ejaculated once. (Yes, I know this is most likely a dead horse but it needed to be said.)

11. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Somehow with that cover image from the first post gives me the image of Harry shouting, "By the power of Grayskull...I have the power!" Just a little bit.

12. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Where does Ron ever jackoff o_O

13. Jamven

He doesn't. It is a small play on words. In OOTP, I believe the phrase is
    As a matter of fact, I have found a site that has a lot of out of context innuendo for OOTP here
    http://www.clockwork-harlequin.net/harry_potter/smut.html

Paul
    dark007

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  14. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

Oh, man, this is hilarious. I never knew there were so many dirty things hidden in Harry Potter.

15. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Looking at the original cover once again makes me think that there are going to be more Death Eaters... and quite possibly more Order members.

In the background underneath whatever architecture there is, are black cloaked people gathered side by side all the way across the cover.

Someone else may have said this, and I looked some, but I'm high... so my apathy has reached a new low.

Yeah, whatever.

16. Jamven

Who knows who or what those people are. Those people could be spectators to the battle. Now that I think about it, I think I read a fic like that once. A long time ago.

Paul
    dark007

17. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

Something gives me the feeling that they are actually the souls of the dead.

18. Zoken

Zoken Card Captored and buttsecksed

Eh... right.

What's with all this lonliness crap? at the end of the book it's all "Solidarity" and such with Ron and Hermione, now he's going all Emo "I'm alone when surrounded by friends"? and why the Hell are the Order collecting him?

on an artistic note, the non-children's version looks a lot less busy than the rest. If you look at the rest of them, they are usually quite busy with a lot going on all over the covers, usually using every inch to give tantalizing hints as to the contents. On this one you have Harry and Voldy and and some collusium-ish background, and a few shadowy figures... meh...

19. david9

david9 Banned

Ron belongs with Snape on the list of "Characters who should NEVER ejaculate for any reason. Ever"

20. Black Rose

Black Rose Squib

You just have to know how to creatively read, Masked Critic. Observe:

"HarrY put his weinEr into giNNy's hole and they ExplOded. The enD."

See? Not only does the ginslut die, but Harry is punished for even thinking of fucking her. All good.