1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cover Art for Deathly Hallows unveiled...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by k_writer, Mar 28, 2007.

1. malaga

malaga Auror

Somehow, I don't think that's too likely. I'm thinking in the end all the people Voldemort has killed are coming down from the sky. That's why Harry is waving happily, and Voldemort is kinda warding them off and looking scared.

2. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

3. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Maybe we’ll see the return of Norbert.

4. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Is it just me, or do they seem to make the dragon old? Gray hair around it's face. Glassy eyes. Even though it seems stupid, it seems to me that might be an Animagus. Maybe Dumbledore's?. Maybe how he looks when he is in his form. An old dragon? A wise old dragon.

It seems stupid, since he is dead an all, but you never know. Remember, dragon hide can take on most spells. So, as an animagus, maybe his skin was toughened to the point that it acted like dragon hide. Then maybe his death doesn't seem so certain.

I'm rambling now. Whatever.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  5. Lyndon Eye

Lyndon Eye Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

That's interesting. The Dumbledore theory does make sense, although I highly doubt it. Rowling has affirmed many times that both Sirius and Dumbledore are, indeed, dead.

The Norbert theory has more credence. After all, Rowling spent a lot of effort detailing Norbert's birth/fate/etc. I think it's leading up to his eventual return in the 7th book.

6. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Hmm, Norbert does make a lot more sense, it's just they seem to make the dragon really old. Whatever. But, if it is Norbert, what do you think his role is going to be? Transport to Horcrux areas, or do you think it's a magical creature twist? Something cliche, like magical creatures that have been ousted by society, such as dragons, helping Harry? Or others, such as giants, helping Voldemort?

7. Lyndon Eye

Lyndon Eye Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Hmm... my wild guess is that Voldemort harnesses the dragon population and uses it in his mass terror/destruction campaign. But at the last pivotal moment, when all hope is lost, Norbert remembers his childhood 'mommy', Hagrid, and turns renegade.