1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Crimson by NamelessHeretic - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by The-Hyphenated-One, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Mech Angel.V.2.

Mech Angel.V.2. Second Year

I found this story a couple days back on ip82's profile on FFN.net. I tolerated the anime theme because I thought it was interesting. As for the whole turning berserk thing... Maybe it's got something to do with how he seems to be quick to fight here. Causing gusts of wind under Petunia and fighting Dudley might show that he actually has a short fuse. Anyway, I liked Harry vs. Troll, but nothing happened between that and the end of the year. Seemed like a sad attempt at closure of first year. 8.75/10

2. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

What anime, I hate anime? I didn't find any because it really isin't that obtuse, if there at all. 5/5, I like the idea, and the execution, he hasn't murdered it yet, so .

3. DreamRed

DreamRed Seventh Year

Actually, in the new chapter's AN he's mentioned that he'll be cutting down on the anime expressions if they really bother people, so I'm sure a note in a review would go towards removing the occasional sweatdrop and face-vault, which would certainly make it less jarring to read at times.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

The 7th chapter was quite possibly the most full of fail chapter I've seen in my entire life.

5. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

Gio you have got to be lying, i mean come on after some of the crap that got through the library, i mean i might be a little biased, but the worst chapter in your life, that's taking it a bit far.

6. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

i agree. it can be worse but not the worst.

7. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

On the one hand he says - no way NARA?????

and then he write that flashback that smells, tastes and feels just like team sevens meeting with kakashi

- at least that was how it appeared to me

eh - it's an alright fic when your looking to bide some time

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Nah, I stand by that assessment. Cliche, full of over-used expressions, barely beta'd and full of future continuity errors.

9. Lightning89

Lightning89 First Year

I like the idea and love the first chapter. This fanfic has the potential to be great... Chapter 7 was a bit strange, but I hope he knows where he's going...

And the idea that Harry is like Nara... maybe, but I don't really think so. Shikamaru is always lazy, this Harry has more or less a secret life where he's very busy and active.

4.5/5

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3313637/10/

Well, this is... interesting... Seems someone hacked into his account.

11. Myst

Myst Headmaster

That or he's celebrating April Fools Day.

12. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Is it? Hmm, I thought the April fool joke was supposed to be, I don't know, funny? :)

13. raja

raja Fourth Year

I really hope that WASN't an April Fools joke as ip82 said it was fucking stupid

14. Lightning89

Lightning89 First Year

So yes, it was a april fool joke...

The real chapter ten is now out. It's quite good, but this all seems like a power-boost-plot... But the test could get very interesting.

15. Daven

Daven First Year

I remember trying this fic. I read the term "Sweat-dropped" and I closed out the window and never looked back

16. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I actually managed to get through all the chapters, and on hindsight, yeah the anime stuff was annoying, but I counted maybe a dozen in the entire story. But as always happens in these stories, the author goes off-track into wierd shit that completely changes the story, like getting a red fucking eye and getting a mysterious trainer out of a book. If he hadn't veered off into that territory, it would have been a good story, even if he had only chosen to tell the story of Harry and Nevilles's Rivalry, but I'd be willing to bet that that story line is down the drain with this new plot line. It always makes me sad when a good stoy goes to waste, but it was still interesting. 3/5

17. Vulkan

Vulkan Squib

THe first few chapters were very interesting but in later chapter, the book, the eye and some obscure references to some godly beings and them deciding to not end Harry... all this was not required actually. The story was going great with just the normal stuff but a more hard bitten approach. I just hope the author sees fit to bring it back to that or have some really good explanations about what the hell is happening with supreme powers that be or some such bullshit.

I was extremely disappointed in the later part of the story. And it was such a promising one in the beginning too.

18. malaga

malaga Auror

I was disappointed in this story, and not because of the 'sweatdropping' (although that annoyed me too). I couldn't even see the anime everywhere, possibly because I never watch it. What really got on my nerves was the opposites. Neville is in Gryffindor so Harry MUST be in Slytherin, when with his personality he probably suits Ravenclaw.
    It has it's high points though, like Harry vomiting in his mouth at the mere idea of Snape being a sexy beast. (I think I vomitted slightly just writing it.) 3/5 because it IS moderately interesting, and has only a few spelling errors.