1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Crouching Lion, Hidden Serpent by Lutris Argutiae - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Lutris, Jan 5, 2006.

1. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

What i like about this chapter is that it is like Gof but different. New champions, and hopefully new tasks. Keep up the good work..

2. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

I liked the update. This is the first fic that I ever read in which Harry is Crouch's son. I can't wait until the sceens afters the tournament. I like the fact that the author is trying to create an original plot for Harry's time at Hogwarts. To often authors simply rewrite canon and only change a few sceens.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  3. CGB

CGB Auror

Hey. Very good story. I think it's a very original idea and well written. The only downside so far, is Harry's strict character. More Marauder like would be better. But I give it 4/5 stars anyway. I hope it is updated soon.

4. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Original plot for a post POA fic, that's the word i was looking for, harry does seem like a brainwashed soldier though, he's fourteen, he needs to lighten the fuck up..

5. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Great job. It's totally original, well-written and entertaining to read. What more could I ask for?

Maybe...an update?

Anyways, I really liked it, and I hope that you update soon, because I'm looking forward to seeing what you have for the first task. But, has Barty Crouch Jr. been with Harry and Barty Sr. the whole time? I'm not sure, because it's been so long since I read this story in it's entirety...

Keep it up and update soon.

6. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Presumably so, in answer to fuerza's question.

Yes, the Tasks are going to be different, but similar in some aspects. They're proving to be a right pain in the bum...

And yes, I'm trying to show Harry as a sort of... i don't know... polite and reserved in public, as well as a strictly conditioned agent in regards to his father right now. In other words, to borrow another's, a 'brainwashed soldier', although not to that extent. He's been through constant training and conditioning for the whole of his life, and has only had experience of adolescents or children his age starting in the Japanese academy- there was a slight flashback in chapter 4- but meh. That's a sorta-spoiler already.

He'll start to lighten up and loosen up in the future, however. Signs of that are showing up when he interacts with friends... although there wasn't much of that in the latest chapter.

If you haven't forgotten about Misato, there's some bits about that that will be in direct correlation to Harry's current mannerisms and attitude.

I'm hoping to get the next chapter out to my beta by next week- although i can't make any promises. The First Task will come the chapter after that, or at least the bulk of it will.

I won't answer anything about Jr. though, except that he will fit in to a major bit of the plot.

Thanks for reading.

7. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

Great Story, keep up the good work.

8. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Just read it, hasen't been updated in a while though, really looking forward to it, would like to see what harry can do though, maybe kick someones ass and obliviate them?