1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Crowd-funded Adventure game raises $1 million in 22 hours

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Sesc, Feb 9, 2012.

1. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

If you're in the mood for a low budget, point-and-click, graphic adventure then I can't recommend 'Ben There, Dan That!', and 'Time Gentlemen, Please!', highly enough. They're both packed full of references to Lucas Arts games of old, and are the funniest games I've played in years. The very first puzzle in 'BT, DT!' involves a canyon, a rope stretching across it, and a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle. Remember that one? The solution is to shove a firework rocket up a corpse's ass and fire it across the ravine. That's not quite how I remember the Monkey Island puzzle being solved. <_<

Neither of the games are super long. Steam tells me that I spent 3 hours on 'Ben There, Dan That!' and another 6 hours on the sequel, 'Time Gentlemen, Please!'. That was a couple of years ago, but I remember them both fondly.

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition are sold as a single pack for $4.99 on Steam.

If you get stuck, then the dev's have a fantastic spoiler-free hint guide for both games. There's no way I would've got past a couple of those Time Gentlemen, Please! puzzles without it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Currently at 2.3 million. There are a few new rewards, and among the updates was this:

If anyone's interested :)
    Sauce.

3. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

So the final sum will be something like 3.3 million, of which they get ~3 million. There's four hours left now. I can't wait for my 3-million-dollar-Tim-Schafer-Ron-Gilbert-Adventure :3

However, if you're rather a fan of oldschool RPGs, then take a look at this. That's Brian Fargo (Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Wasteland) making Wasteland 2. How is Kickstarter not the best thing ever?

4. Sferics

Sferics Second Year

Seems the kickstarter has been wildly successful.
    I am kind of worried that the money may have gone to Tim's head.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]