1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Curing the Addiction - Diablo 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Anarchy, May 13, 2013.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

We did fairly well today. We made it up to nightmare diablo, with both of us being around 50. Right after Nuit left, I found a +1 curses skiller grand charm (meh, least desirable one), and a guillames winged helm (yay!)

2. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Shoot I wish I would have paid attention to this, I love making Charge/Zeal Paladins. Zeal was the skill that inspired my account names for years (still does in fact).

3. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Windy is now in Hell A2 and lvl 71.

4. Rym

Rym Auror

That was fast. Jeez

5. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Ah, well he's A5 hell and lvl 74 now.

6. Anarchy

Going to FNM in a few minutes. sorc is at 75 and ready to kill nightmare baal and go to hell.

Found some okay stuff, like a Homunculus (well, I was actually following a bot run that no one but me was joining, and I got fast fingers), but nothing for a sorc. Though I did make a 29 fcr spirit sword, but I need a shield, either a spirit monarch or a lidless wall

7. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Haven't been able to play on USEast for a few hours now, got banned for joining games too fast Anarchy thinks. :/

Decided to play a little on USWest and have gotten my Javazon to 21 so far.

8. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I'd play, but I refuse to play on Battlenet anymore. I only play singleplayer the last 5-6 years.

9. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Is there a safe website to buy a key from? Or do one of you guys have a spare key, my old one is disabled by blizzard for some reason.

10. Anarchy

If you have the realm down 'ban' it either goes away by itself within a few hours, or you can speed the process up by resetting your IP. There's a few different ways to do it, from console commands to just turning your internet on/off, but it doesn't always work, and probably won't work if you have a static IP.

11. Anarchy

Saturday went pretty well. I made it to level 88, and am 75th on the sorc ladder. That's not saying that much since there's only like 10,000 active players, 75% of which are bots. I've gotten a few good items, but I still wouldn't call myself well-geared. I've got magefists, vipermagi, 2x spirit, and 3 skiller charms. I also had a ber rune drop right underneath me in a chaos run, but I was too slow picking it up.

I'm going to try and hit 90 tomorrow, but I've got other stuff I need to do as well.

---------- Post automerged at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Did fairly well today, though I only made it to 89 before decided to farm a bit. I got an occy and skullder's, which is great, as well as a gheeds(low one though). I also traded for a few +1 fire skillers, so I'm doing good damage when by myself. Merc has a CV(non eth) insight now, so he can kill some fire immunes, and he has a vampire gaze and leviathan which I traded for.

I can kill hell mephisto pretty easily now, and running summoner and countess for keys is doable pretty quickly, but as I don't have a smiter, there's no need. I still do countess for runes though, and spirit and insight sets are a pretty easy trade.

12. Rym

Rym Auror

I'm playing a bit now, found my cd keys. lvl 41 on A1 nm, USEAST. Fishy to start with, but once I get a sol rune and can finish my insight, I'm going to switch to a different build.

13. Anarchy

I've got a couple sol runes (and complete insight and spirit sets), so if you haven't got one in 6 hours (when i get home) I'll hook you up.

14. Rym

Rym Auror

You're a baller. Accnt name is Rymrock. I'll be on for a bit tonight I think. Maybe in an hour or so

15. Anarchy

So, I found one of the last items on my bucket list today: It was just sitting on the ground during the fourth wave of hell baal.
    [​IMG]
    I joked that I had found tyrael's might when I picked it up, since there's a 95% chance that it's going to be a templars might (which I have found in the past). Lo and behold, it actually was a tyraels.

I also hit 90 as well. You can sort of see what my inventory items are in the picture. I've got 4 fire skillers, and a mix of random life and resistance small charms. No torch or annihilus yet obviously. I did acquire a shako though, and it's a decent one. I don't have any socket quests left to put a ptopaz in it though. I still need better boots, amulet, rings, and belt as well. So, sandstorm treks (or war travellers), arachnid mesh, maras (or +3 lightning skill fcr) and SoJs or fcr rings - I guess it depends on my fcr breakpoints. My spirit sheild is a 32, which isn't terrible. I would like to get a hoto eventually as well, but it's a lot of hard to get gear.

-edit-

And a couple minutes after I found that, I found a +33 life pcomb skiller, which should go a good distance towards getting some of the gear I want.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  16. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I found myself a Shako as well, made a token and a Rhyme Trolls Nest plus a Spirit Monarch. I'll need some help muleing later if you can Anarchy.

Edit: I might not need help it seems. I learned, or maybe relearned, that any game 5 minutes old will stay open for 5 minutes longer with no one in it. I'm gonna try transferring in private games like this, starting with my low runes.

And if you find and ele gc's lemme know, even if I have to trade you for 'em.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  17. Anarchy

I've always self transferred with the 5 minute trick. That's why you'll sometimes see me sit in the same private game for awhile, then join with a bunch of mules randomly.

18. Anarchy

[​IMG]
    So, my fireballs are pretty damn good right now, but the pic is taken with BO + all my damage gear on, leaving my resists low. I've got eschutas and fireball ormus on in the pic, but use vipermagi and hoto when baaling (and also less skiller charms). Getting a hoto is pretty easy, since gul runes are almost worthless expect for them. I had to trade pretty heavily for the sorc torch, but +3 skills is a lot, and it is cheaper than an annihilus.

My wish list
    -Arachnid Mesh - probably pretty easy to trade for at this point
    -Maras - I had one, but traded while it was still expensive. Hope to get another when it's cheaper. Might settle for a +3 fire skills amulet, which would do more damage.
    -SoJ? I'm trying to stay above 105 fcr breakpoint, which is pretty easy.
    -Chains of Honor. If i want to hit max res, this is how it's going to be done. It's sweet armor all around, but expensive, and no fcr. the +str will allow me to put more points into vit.
    -Phoenix monarch. I'm on the fence about this one. Spirit is very, very good. I'm not sure that -28% fire res is more damage than +2 skills. The obvious math says it is, but I'm not sure in practice. And 4 high runes is a high price to pay for curiousity

19. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I believe Spirit is still better, but I'm to the most knowledgeable on this subject.

20. Anarchy

So, this weekend went pretty well, when I got to play at least. The sorc is at 92 now, which is alright, but all the botters prevent her from being in to top 200. If I want to go higher, I should probably get an anni. I also got a necromancer up to 80, though I haven't spent many points yet. The sorc is almost finished with gear, but I haven't been trying too hard. Just missing an anni, amulet, and a second ring. I've got an soj and arach on her now, which I didn't have in the last update

I've done a ton of trading. I turned my 65 FG into 1600 FG, and I've got probably 3000 FG worth of inventory. To put that into perspective, ist runes are about 10 FG right now, and high runes between 25 and 50, depending on which. I've actually got around 10 legit high runes on a mule, 4 Hoto sets, 10 ists, 20 mals, 40 puls... yeah, I'm doing alright lol. I've got a ton of gear, arachs, tal ammy/armor, eth shaftstop, HoZ, more shakos then I can shake a stick at, 20 or 30 skillers, a dozen facets.

I think I've done the exact opposite of curing the addiction. And this is all without botting