1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MrINBN, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

WTF is it with games that let you customize the hell out of your character, but then don't have a third-person view so you never get to see what your painstaking work looks like? Outer Worlds did that shit too, and it's fucking annoying.

That said, it's fun so far. It's buggy as fuck, and I don't really like the way most vehicles handle, but it hasn't completely ruined the experience for me as of yet.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It’s not the move sets that annoyed me, it’s the way I got stuck on invisible walls, the enemy would glide forward mid attack animation to be in range to hit me after I dodged, and how their attack would still go through despite them stumbling back after I hit them to interrupt it. I got hit despite standing behind them a couple of times.

Also a bit annoyed by not being able to kill the guy who got salty after losing and set his buddies on me, on top of losing the cash wagered. Not exactly game breaking stuff, but a step down from the freedom of the rest of the game.

3. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

They have slowly and slowly raised their expectations for years to the point where their standards were going to be impossible to meet anyway.

4. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Playing on PC and while there's plenty of areas where it's unpolished and needed more work, I'm enjoying it. So my first glimpse at the reception certainly caught me off guard. But looking at reviews of PS4/XB1, I can understand the anger, it's an utter dumpsterfire. I was expecting problems, especially since we already knew the last delay was to work on the console versions, but even then it's a shock.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  5. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I'm shocked they even wasted the time with PS4/XB1 versions.

6. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Wasn't Cyberpunk announced before the PS4/Xbox 1 were?

7. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Game is in desperate need of QoL patches. The world doesn't feel alive at all outside of doing quests. And the biggest offender in my eyes is the cyberware that V can get: barring arms and legs, there's really fuck all that I feel is a noticeable game changer. I expected cyberware to be far more impactful, more prominent in this kind of world.

Hell, Space Siege did it better: you couldn't use the heaviest guns until you replaced your arm and spine with cybernetics because the organic body couldn't support the weight and recoil. Instead, you get percentages, maybe some boosts to armor or immunity to shock, but it's just implemented so poorly. Outside the first ever showing with Viktor, that's it, you don't get to see any kind of surgery taking place.

NPCs in cars don't even drive around you when you stop in the middle of the street with your vehicle, bit a bike, car or truck. Cops spawn out of nowhere and always right on top of you as soon as you commit some crime, regardless if anyone actually witnessed it.

I'm enjoying the game, I've spent 31.7 hours in it according to Steam, because when you're doing the actual quests rather than just roaming around, the game's narrative and characters shine. It's just a shame that when you step one centimeter out of that main narrative, you got fuck all to do. Except take pretty pictures in photo mode.

CDPR talked all about a living, breathing world that Cyberpunk 2077 would have. This ain't it. Not yet, at least.

8. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Yeah. I feel like that was for sure a demand from shareholders to generate more money. The move makes no sense otherwise. In terms of graphics, Cyberpunk feels like one of the first true next-gen titles. I would've been very surprised if it looked in any way good on older consoles.

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    @TheWiseTomato I've definitely noticed attacks reaching forward with the hand of god, but that is also predictable, so I've learned to dodge differently in those situations. No invisiwalls so far though.

It's definitely got its downsides, but as the only genuine challenge I've faced without deliberately dicking around, I enjoyed it to the fullest. I'm playing on the second to hardest difficulty, and if I'd know how it'd go I'd probably have gone for the hardest one.

10. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

Game good. Bit glitchy but not bad on PC. Missing a few important QoL stuff and the inability to get a haircut is awful. But it’s a beautiful world and lots of fun. Forcing myself to deliberately not look at the subtitles makes a big difference.

There’s one conversation about death in Act 2 that was so heavy and relatable I actually bawled my eyes out for about five minutes, which I really wasn’t expecting but felt great. More a reflection of personal anxieties than the game, being honest, but that’s still never ever happened to me in a video game before.

Definitely switch to hard after the prologue imo.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So are any of you actually playing on PS4/Xbone?

12. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    on Ps4. The graphics are subpar and gameplay is not smooth. I’m honestly just gonna wait for getting a ps5. Not worth it on ps4. Want to enjoy the experience.

13. Wyatt Axford

Wyatt Axford Second Year

I bought it for a launch xbone and it runs closer to 15 fps more consistently than it does 30 fps. I'm just sitting on it waiting for updates to come out and fix it at this point.

14. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Playing it on the original PS4 and I haven't really noticed any consistent drop in my framerates. The only annoying issue I've had is the game crashing every now and then (my total crash count is at 5 now) but since I obsessively save, it hasn't been a problem.

15. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

The ps4 version was so bad I ran an HDMI cable to the TV and turned off cloud saves so my girlfriend could play on a platform that didn’t run like shit.

Apparently my venerable 970 in my desktop can only keep 30FPS on low @ 1080p but that still looks and plays miles better than the PS4.

On my laptop with a 2070 it’s absolutely gorgeous. Can’t wait to replay this in a few years with some stupid powerful GPU + RTX goodies.

16. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    I’m looking forward to the mods personally. Got a good feeling for how expansive they’ll be.

17. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Basically my plan. My current pc was made in late 2015, and I think I'll upgrade late next year. Should run smooth as butter by then, I imagine.

18. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    Whoever mentioned the salt on Reddit wasn't kidding. It's spread from just the typical subs too. You'd think CDPR had insulted their mothers.

19. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, a repeat of No Man's Sky hype train? Not comparing games, just the salt.

20. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I don't play a ton of games nowadays. I find myself watching gameplay and following news, but rarely pick up a game. The last game I played to compare this to would be Odyssey and honestly there isn't much of a difference besides the set dressing. Go to minimap point, complete task, go to next minimap point.

I guess I'm not dead to that style of gameplay, because I'm still enjoying it. There are a lot of GRATING annoyances from bugs. My logitech mxmaster 3 couldn't tag enemies so I got stuck in the tutorial for a long time trying to work around that. I only had time to play yesterday and spent 3 hours trying to find a workaround for this. Ended up editing the logitech xml file to work correctly. It didn't take too long to find, but my xml file was different because of my custom binds, so resetting it was a process on its own. Now, while my mouse works in game, it no longer lets me swap desktops with my gesture button, so my work flow is interrupted.

When
    escaping from the hotel
    , I think I was supposed to fight a miniboss when I finally got to the
    elevator to the lobby
    that I didn't actually fight because when the doors opened he was glitching through floor/ceiling/existence and my entire HUD was flickering. I shot him standing there in between flickers and got an access card to move on. Kind of annoying to have a storyline mission glitch like that.
    Also maybe Jackie wouldn't have died if his AI didn't insist on being a human shield. It feels like that could be intentional to have him block shots from hitting you and give you moments to reposition, but in practice he blocked plenty of my shots and angles and it was annoying that his blocking as so noticeable and ended up with him dying.
    I've only had 1 crash so far, playing on high with my 34"UW 3440 display with an rx5700xt. I get some frame drops but not really during gameplay, just during the cut scenes, and not a ton of that.

The gameplay is...fine. I can't say it feels amazing. I was hoping for a ton of depth and interesting futuretech, but it just feels like a pretty standard shooter with underdeveloped melee combat. Playing this I'm reminded of how great Mass effect andromeda combat was (not because of similarity, but because of the future setting) which makes this more disappointing. I'm only at Act II at the moment, so I hardly have a ton of experience with the high end things like monowire/gorilla arms/mantis arms, but it does feel pretty generic for everything I've used so far. Hacking is a fine minigame that I like. It's a little puzzly in a way that 'feels' hack-ey. Quickhacks and their combat applications seem hard to get into. I keep trying to stealth by but I don't really have the tools to make it work. Maybe there's active camo or knife stealth kills to increase speed of this gameplay style that I haven't gotten to yet, but it feels anemic right now. I think stealth and hacking could use more early pushing to help players get into them, since that's the unique part of this game.

Overall the story so far has been cinematically beautiful and incredibly interesting, but I've seen from reviews that this is about as deep as it gets. I think it speaks to just how great it is that although the non-saveable interlude time between Act 1 and Act 2 stretched for an incredibly long time, it still felt compelling and not drawn out. There's not a whole lot of diving into the depth of the backdrop of evil corpos and the world at large is mostly just setting with no interaction. It is annoying that the AI is so underdeveloped and that all this beauty is just backdrop.

I know I'm going to keep playing and enjoying it, but I can't help but feel sorry for what could have been.

edit: I fucking love that I finish typing this and then decide to spend the remainder of my break doing a side quest. Start up cyberpunk and my computer crashes.