1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MrINBN, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Stealth has gotten much more interesting once I came to appreciate silencers, inducing faulty optics, and using capslock instead of having to keep pressing tab for the scanner/quickhack. The game does actually feel pretty satisfying if you manage to stealth your way through an area.

As for driving, it's still janky. But I've started driving my motorcycle in 1st person. It's a bit easier to steer and maneuver through the city while also giving me a sense of actual speed.

2. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I think the biggest comparison I can make so far would be The Division. Tons of little things to do around a very large map of varying level, but the gimmicks get pretty repetitive pretty fast unless you want to turn encounters into technological Rube Goldberg machine-level shitshows. Which I have some, and it's damned fun when it works, but there's been basically no time when I couldn't have just solved it in less than 30s with a few well-placed three-round bursts.

I'm playing on an i5-8400, and an RX580, and it's running fine for the most part. Not as many bugs as most people it seems, but I know it's just luck of configuration these days anyway.

Damned fun game despite the relative shallowness.

3. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I already use the caps lock and I'm aware of the optics hack, but it feels like when I do that I lose out on experience compared to killing, which is admittedly less effective than knockout+kill for double exp. But once you're in combat (in my limited experience), it feels like the entire building is on alert.

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I had my most hilarious bug today. The only reason it wasn't gamebreaking is that it was technically in my favor, if anything.

Without any spoilers, at some point in the story you're supposed to infiltrate a *very* heavily guarded facility, with several quests beforehand being scouting for routes, possible things to use, preparation, etc. Then during the actual mission ... everything from guards to cameras was friendly to me ... so I just walked right in ... looted the place, and left.

5. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As far as I can tell, the guy you're talking about was a regular dude. I stealthed my way through that part and gave him the Ezio treatment, so he didn't have any special resistances at least.

Little annoyed at the speed at which things went from 0 to 100 after getting to the garage though - I would have liked to have seen some different escapes based on how you got clear of the hotel. The way things went felt very in line with how a firefight to get clear would have been.

6. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Apparently people are so salty, they're offering apology refunds to anyone who bought the PS4 or XBox One version. Will probably take advantage of that myself, since the problems have been making it increasingly hard to enjoy the game.

7. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I mean, is that salt or just regular consumer rights? If you can't play the game without problems, is it what you paid for?

8. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

True enough. I can't say I can ever remember seeing a developer actually do this though, even with games that had just about as many issues at release. Just the notion of it makes me feel a bit less annoyed about the whole thing.

EDIT: Having thought about it a bit more, I may not actually bother to get that refund. I can't help but contrast the way CD Projekt Red has handled this to the petulant, condescending snobbery we got from Bioware when people didn't like the ending options for Mass Effect 3.

If the Devs are willing to take responsibility that way and offer such a huge mea culpa to the gaming community, I think I'd rather they keep my money and use it to help patch these bugs.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  9. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Personally, I feel like hacking your way through is the true 'Stealth' game mode. The actual stealth tree is mostly about killing better through stealth.
    With hacking, I can clear an entire compound of enemies, without stepping a foot inside, then walk in and loot the place. That, or find a group of enemies, making them deaf, blind, and destroying themselves from the inside, without noticing the same is happening to those right next to them. Or even, make an enemy invisible to their allies, while they commit suicide right next to them.

Now, whether it's good balance-wise, for me to be able to do this from the relative safety and comfort of my car seat, across the street from the compound, or several floors away, in a random room with line of sight to a camera, that's a different question.
    I would like to imagine this is less doable in later content, even if realistically more dangerous or valuable places are logically likely to have even better camera coverage.

I ended up doing a full explore, side missions, etc., prior to meeting Dex (which I still haven't done), such that I'm level 11, 27 Street Cred, with 16 Intelligence, (3 Body and Tech have prevented me from opening several doors I've wanted to, though, and in retrospect, I would have done 6 Tech, rather than 6 Cool), and access to the epic tier Quickhacks
    (inducing Suicide or Cyber-psychosis, as well as generally massively enhancing the the functionality of earlier Quickhacks, leads to some shenanigan potential)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  10. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Often when I hack people from stealth with anything that does damage my position will be automatically revealed :(

11. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

12. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

While I am enjoying the game so far.

I think this is the first open-world game I have played that had such mediocre crowd/npc ai, that I actually took notice.

I can't help but feel incredibly dissapointed when I see an NPC walk down the stairs, immediately turn back and walk back up and keep repeating the process, while being joined by other NPCs.

Second, when Car can't do something as basic as drive around an obstacle. They'll just sit there, in silence, stuck forever in traffic because I left my bike on the road.
    It just feels like amateurs worked on it and not experienced veterans.

The clothing is pretty shit. For a game that is based on being "Cool", my character ends up looking like an utter fool because the armor is based on numbers, and if I want good armor, I have to mix and match these shitty looking clothes.
    I genuinely thought this would be the one aspect they would have tried to perfect.

This was their first. I don't blame them for not being as good as Ubisoft and Rockstar at creating a good sandbox. As great as their ambitions were, they were still limited by the level of talent they hired. I hope they get far more effective and experienced people for the sequel.

13. Jax

Jax Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

14. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Whenever I close out of cyberpunk on pc, it crashes and gives me a 'send error report?' option.

Yea the AI is frustrating, and the world feels very empty. It's not tempting to explore the world free form, since mostly its empty and the AI and their lack of interaction reflect that. I grab soda cans whenever I can because you can break them into components that sell for more than the soda cans cost if you have the extra materials perk. It's very frequent that soda machines on streets have people just cut into me to perform their preprogrammed task, ignoring both the cans all over the ground and the fact that I'm standing there. Then they turn and walk through me. Vehicles not having any ability to drive around your car is immersion breaking as well.

It's also 'too big' because fast travel only from waypoints is a bit annoying, the driving is very ragdolly, especially motorbikes that act like they have car physics, and it isn't an AC game with parkour. At least the terrible driving controls don't punish you because your collection of cars is immortal. Even after I leave Jackie's motorbike at the bottom of a lake.

Anyone have any tips on hacking? Feels like I don't have any actual way of killing enemies. Vulnerability daemons, ping, optics, and memory wipe are the most helpful combat tools I've gained so far, but actually being able to just kill people full netrunner seems far away?

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Apparently CDPR share value has dropped by 30-some % on the Warsaw stock exchange since C2077 launch (due to the console bugs and the less than stellar launch reviews [steadily falling to B-/+ area]). Probably doesn't matter too much since they've already recouped the development and marketing costs, but that score and that stock is going to continue to fall until they've managed to get current gen console bugs under control. I'd say this is definitely going to hurt their short term expansion plans.

They held an emergency investor meeting, and I recommend reading it if you bought the Ps4/xbone version.

TLDR:
    • They largely ignored optimization on current gen consoles and really only got around to it at the very last minute.
    • They are now prioritizing getting the current gen gameplay to a good playable state to restore their "good guy game company" image, cost of doing this doesn't matter.
    • No timetable on fixes, but some big patches will roll out in January and February.
    • While they may get them to a good playable state, don't expect the current gen versions to ever look comparable to the next gen versions. (my own subtext: probably not even as good as the borderline next gen games like TLoU2, FF7R and GoT, because the game is just too damn big.)

16. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yep. Just gonna wait to play it on my future ps5...if it ever is purchasable.

17. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

Re: hacking, upgrade your cyberdeck if you haven’t yet! Rare and legendary decks have way more buffer and RAM slots. There’s one or two with a perk that spreads your quickhacks to nearby enemies. Otherwise, I find the Damage Over Time hacks way more effective, especially shock damage and contagion.

there’s also a suicide hack which I’m real excited for but haven’t found yet.

18. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Get the perk that allows quickhacks to do sneak-attack damage and use DOTs. Contagion doesn't really do enough damage to kill/knockout even with this, but Overheat and Short Circuit (the higher quality versions for the latter) definitely do. It's called Subliminal Message and you need 11 Int for it.

19. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

To add to MrINBN, the +chains one is amazing, too, once you hit Rare+ mods, with most status debuff mods gaining "chain once", making them eligible for the up to 3 bonus chains from the skill. Not to mention how much of a power boost it gives Contagion, which can ricochet even just between two targets, back and forth, for the spike damage aspect of it.

The tooltips for Short Circuit (upgraded) and Contagion (in general) are inaccurate, to be fair. Contagion hits for roughly 4-5 times the listed dot damage as instant damage, then proceeds with the dot damage after. The instant damage is obviously less than Short Circuit, but it is still noticeable.
    Also, Short Circuit at Rare+ tries to claim it does hundreds of damage/second, when in reality, it still deals the spike damage of before, plus a very minor dot attached to the EMP effective. It's still almost entirely, probably 90%+, loaded into the spike damage.

I can typically look at a group of 3-4 enemies, drop Contagion to start, then Burning, then Short Circuit, and they are dead, meanwhile, their companions have probably lost 1/3 to 1/2 their HP from Contagion, and Burning and Short Circuit are off, or almost off cooldown, to start cycling on the others. Drop a Blind to chain among the 3-4 of them, and they just kind of sit there, panicking as they die. Deafness, or other stuff are just gravy.
    It's not really faster than a deadly weapon, necessarily, but can be done from long range, too, and Contagion, at least, can spread to targets outside of line of sight. Also, this can all be done through camera hacking, to wipe out an entire compound of enemies who have no idea where you are.

@The Iron Rose
    Re: Suicide Hack: Have you been buying your Quickhacks? I guess that might be a way to get them without having enough Intelligence stat to craft them. Personally, I just unlocked Rare Quickhack crafting at 12 Intelligence and Epic at 16 (just barely acquired). Inducing Suicide and Cyber-psychosis comes from the Epic tier. Then again, I am still on Lockdown on the first island, having just finished every possible sidequest I can find (time to meet Rex for the first time), so my purchasing options were limited to the one shop, and I could craft better (read: Rare) Quickhacks by the time I even visited that shop.

20. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

How do I upgrade quickhacks? Is that random at vendors or crafting?