1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MrINBN, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I will say that although decent clothes become much more easy to find halfway through Act 2 and beyond, having to look like a clown for half of the game was not very appreciated.

Also the fact that I need to wear a hat/helmet if I want the armor/mod slots, meaning I can't see my hair or go around without a hat if I don't want one. Definitely not okay.

2. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yikes.

4. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

CDPR only has themselves to blame. and I don't give a shit that they got fucked hard. Maybe this will sober them up. They're going to really have to pull a NMS redemption approach - while the game isn't one that I enjoyed playing, you can't deny they've added a ton of stuff in the game for no additional cost so as to account for the immense disappointment at the game's release.

5. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

I finally bought the Cyberware that gives you the double jump and it's immediately so much more enjoyable traversing areas, not to mention using it in combat. I put off buying it in favour of other things because I didn't think it would be such a big deal, but the difference is really huge in how much fun I have just moving around. Kind of think it's a mistake to lock it behind a fair amount of game progress - 20 Street Cred and 45k eddies, IIRC - because it's going to be really frustrating not having it immediately on subsequent playthroughs.

6. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

That one and the legendary subdermal armor for 14k are must-buys for all of my playthroughs. 200 armor for 14k eddies is a disc-one nuke and it makes combat so much easier in the early game, especially since there's no SC requirement (yet).

7. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Totally agree. I think that leveling and general balance are off as a whole.

I feel you start out way too weak, with limited access to all of the 'fun things' like different types of weapons and armor and especially build defining cyberware. It makes the early levels quite frustrating to play at high difficulty.

But then you ramp up too fast and the game gets too easy, without a lot of middle ground.

8. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

You guys should check out the Spiffing Brit on YouTube, he posted a video on how to get infinite money and unlimited components just by assembling and disassembling stuff.

The balance on this game is absolutely broken.

Edit: Link to video if anyone wants it.

9. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  10. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I can't decide which I prefer over the hold-to-charge mega jump versus double jump. I feel like the charge lets you get a bit higher?

11. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Charge jump is best!

12. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Charge jump is more verticality, but double-jump gives you more horizontal movement. I tend to prefer the charge jump, because 95% of my uses for it are hopping over walls so I can sneak into a compound or whatever, and charge is better for that. Doesn't make a huge difference though, really.

13. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I’ve had a few missions that seem to offer paths specifically for those jumps implants, like a second floor window that let me bypass 99% of the enemies, or a skylight that let me Quickhack everyone to death without entering combat. Can’t compare double jump to charge jump because I picked charge jump first and never looked back.

14. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Urgh I'm not sure if I like it or not, but that youtube vid lead me down the rabbithole of all these legendary items out in the world. I've found some of my own, but the secret motor bike quest and feed the cat really stuck out to me as another example of how great the world could be. Hope I find something else with that level of 'treasure-hunting'.

15. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    So apparently there‘s a bug that leads to save files over 8 MB in size being irrevocably corrupted.

CDPR has gone full Bethesda. The last two weeks have been like watching one of those Euro NCAP crash tests in slow motion, where you can see every crease in the metal as it develops, until nothing remains but a smoking, twisted, warped version of that which once was whole.

Original source from CDPR forums.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Possible spoilers but I'm at the end of my rope, read at own risk.

I read somewhere that you need at least 70% on Johnny's meter (the middle one) to get one of the endings. Going through the game, I thought I was generally agreeable with Johnny. Let him drive whenever, did Rogue's stuff, had the friendship simulator moment at chippin' in, etc, yet I'm stuck at 60% and not getting the option for that ending at the time that it should appear.

Has it been made clear what all choices raise this percentage? Maybe I can trace it back.

18. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I was at 60% with Johnny's meter and I got the option to let him take the wheel to do the final mission, which I assume is the one you're going after. All you need to do is Johnny's sidequest chain, which culminates in the Samurai reunion concert. If you've done that, he gives you the option.

Also, the percentages there don't actually matter for anything, as far as I can tell. They're just there mostly for flavor and vague indicators of progress. Far as I'm aware, there's five/six possible endings depending on how you count it:
    1) Accept Hanako's offer and get stuck on the moon with your brain shredded (Requirements: none)
    2) Have Johnny take control and storm Arasaka Tower (Requirements: Do Johnny's sidequest chain)
    3) Call Panam and have the Aldecaldos help you storm Arasaka Tower through a mining tunnel (Requirements: Do Panam's sidequest chain)
    4) Towards the end of either 2 or 3, when you're in cyberspace, go with Alt beyond the Blackwall and let Johnny have your body (Requirements: Johnny's or Panam's sidequest chain)
    5) Instead of any of the above, eat a bullet on the rooftop after Johnny offers to take the wheel for the assault. (Requirements: Don't take the dialogue choices at face value and look at the gun you carried to the roof along with the pills)

It's certainly possible there's more endings, but if they exist, I haven't found them or heard from anyone who has.

19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    @Agayek That's not it.

You're talking about Rogue's path. From what I'm readin online, if you have high enough relationship with Johnny, you can wait a bit on the Rogue dialogue option when selecting your method of attack, and Johnny will suggest a suicide run - just you and him, no one else. It's got a single-life run hardcore thing going on, but it doesn't get anyone killed. That's what I'm looking for. It's all on videos and guides and such, but no one is very specific on how to get the percentage high enough for it.

20. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

The salt, yes. No Man's Sky was basically an incomplete "game" that didn't remotely match what was promised.

Most of the features that were removed from Cyberpunk 2077 were already announced as having been nixed by launch day, so the only people who were surprised by that were those who boarded the hype train after the first gameplay trailer and then stopped paying attention after that.

Bingo.

I'm on an i7-4790, 16MB, with an RX 5600 XT 6GB. I play at 1080p and the game is, for the most part, running like a dream. According to the Radeon software, I actually have a higher average FPS in Cyberpunk than in Bioshock 2 and Overwatch. o_O

Ironically, my old video card had raytracing, but it was THE lowest Nvidia card that had it. Even that version of Quake II with RTX completely crippled my 1060.

The first day I played it (male corpo), the game kept crashing after I got out of the car for my first visit to the Ripper Doc. I looked around and the only suggested solution I could find was to update my video card drivers. Firstly, EVERY game company suggests that by default and it is almost NEVER the answer. Secondly, I had literally just updated those drivers a few days earlier. Lo and behold, there was a new set of drivers out and updating them DID fix my problem. Will wonders never cease?

There are probably a few settings I could tweak to make the game look a bit better, but I've been too busy playing the game to find out. I think I need to turn up anti-aliasing outside the game...

I occasionally run into someone who's T-posing, though compared to the vast number of people populating the game, the percentage is pretty low. I've only seen 3-4 sets of twins.

I haven't finished my first play-through, but I decided to make a second character before the patch dropped, and go with a female nomad this time. I'm not into big jugs but, since what the developers call "Big" looks very reasonable, I went with the big chest and long nails. Fast forward to actual gameplay and my nails were clipping through the gloves in the combat tutorial and the boobs were clipping through the starting outfit's shirt. Made a new character with itty-bitty-titties and short nails.

I haven't tried out the ENB available for the game, yet, so maybe it would improve this, but I've noticed that my characters' faces look much better in the dramatic lighting of the creation and inventory screens than in broad daylight: Sometimes drastically so.

My male character is always bald when looking in the mirror. His hair vanishes in a few other situations, too.

The dialog skip button being the same as crouch can be frustrating.

Some lootable items are in positions that make it impossible to pick them up. Playing cards are the most common offenders.

A transparency slider for makeup, freckles, and scars (a la Fallout 4) would have been nice. The scars are all a mile deep and the freckles look like they've been tattooed on.

Cigarettes are problematic. I've noticed more than one scene where an NPC was waving around a cigarette, and sometimes the cigarette would leave a clone of itself behind as the character continued to hold the original. In a scene where Silverhand sits on a stool to talk to you, he ended up leaving one on the ground and two in the air in front of him.

(EDIT: I almost forgot... A more troubling "bug" is that apparently there is an 8mb limit on save files. Once your save goes over 8mb, it becomes "corrupted" and the game won't let you load it. What things make your save file bigger? Oh, just easily skipped things like looting items and crafting items. No biggie. It's not like the former is a primary money-making activity and the latter has an entire perk tree built around it. The official response on this issue, so far, has been troubling. They play it off like it's more feature than bug, and you should just suck it up and start a new playthrough. Hopefully the devs are more sympathetic than the company mouthpiece, and this shit gets fixed. My latest save is at 4.4mb)

It's sort of silly that any in-game ads featuring nudity are replaced with SFW ads when you enter screenshot mode. The devs made a big deal out of all the sex, hook-ups, being able to choose the size of your junk, et cetera, and there are dildos all over the place, but whenever screenshot mode shows up, the game suddenly becomes as shy as a blushing virgin.

Which makes it even weirder that children also vanish in screenshot mode.

If you're worried about looking cool, even though you tend to only see yourself in the inventory menu, you should be going to clothing stores. Just wearing what you pull off of corpses is going to leave you looking like you raided a donation bin in the dark.

The cars look beautiful, right down to the interiors.

Driving is a little funky, and some of the higher end cars are so touchy. Still, the Type-66 640 TS is pretty cool... I suppose making the horn play Dixie would have been a step too far.

I can't drive the "Little Mule" in first person because the bloom in daylight is so intense that I can't see anything but the inside of the truck. It's the only vehicle I've experienced this in, so far. Also, you can't convince me that this isn't a reference to the "Little Mule" from Romancing The Stone. If it isn't, I don't want to know.

Take a look beside the toilet in your apartment's bathroom for another movie reference. ;)

In the nomad prologue, there's a tabloid with a page from the real Cyberpunk RPG on the back cover, sitting on some steps.

There's a clothing commercial in-game that is a parody of the "Guns, lots of them." scene from the Matrix. I got a screenshot of Johnny Silverhand leaning against an elevator wall while that ad plays on four screens behind him, because it's so meta it makes me grin.

The mission "Epistrophy: Coastview." I couldn't believe they took the joke that far. Kudos to them for really sticking with the bit. If it went on much longer, I'd say they were making more Valve games than Valve has in years.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020