1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Dakaath: Prince of Darkness by LT2000 - M/NC17

Discussion in 'Restricted Section' started by LT2000, Jun 7, 2005.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yeah, when you did the whole demon thing, I was afraid you'll turn him into a super!Harry, but I'm glad to see you managed to avoid it. Harry is in no way perfect - neither in terms of knowledge nor character (he's truly arrogant) - and that's just the way it should be.

I was speaking more about Voldemort and the leech thing sneaking up from nowhere, but I'm cool with that, as it seems you have it all planned out.

Yeah, I guess it's true about prejuice being ethernal, but I still don't think the right solution is to push everyone you don't like into reservations... I'm just not sure if your overly-idealistic Harry would really like this solution.

2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

But he doesn't think about it as a reservation, and he does like the werewolves. He was worried that Fenrir would see it that way. He's giving them a chance to live free from human oppression like Greyback wants and they can still go out into Diagon Alley and from there anywhere else through the passage leading to Gringotts whenever they want. It's not like a 'you stay here and aren't allowed to leave.' Honestly, it's just like them having their own independent little country within magical Britain. They can still come and go as they please, and those werewolves that don't want to move won't be made to (and a few won't, but most value Greyback's opinion so highly that they'll do whatever he says is best...he's honestly like the Dumbledore of his people).

3. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I've tried to read this fic many times but for some very weird reason it feels like i'm forced to read it... like a book an english teacher assigns me to read and i'm not sure why.

I think its have because of the word "demon" and I have an aweful hard time stomaching demons in Harry Potter, but:

Im going to attempt again because I really do like the ship and anything Grindelwald.

4. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

This is the fic that really got be started on Dark!Harry. The lich powers are interesting, though I'm not sure I know just what all a lich is supposed to be able to do. I have a feeling that Voldemort is only going to end up being the second place villan in this story though. Whether he loses to Harry or the Demon God inside him is what I don't know.

5. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

I enjoyed reading this chapter way better than the last and I like the fact that Voldi is a bit stronger than Harry. Cho got hurt a good thing you are not writing a Harry protect love at all cost story.
    There's also a question I have for Serapheth as to the extent the demon realm will play in the story? Will he end up going there?

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Doubtful...I think I intended to do it at some point, but I don't want to add any more subplots. This story is already a huge mess IMO.

7. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

it would be cool

8. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon DA Member

As I said in this thread before this story in my opinion is really well thought out I like the dark take shit from no one Harry I thought that the chapter was well worth reading as far as the dark Lord that's the great thing about fan fiction he can make him weaker strong or just a large pile of shit its all to the writer for in my humble opinion is a writing genius.

To the writer thank you for sharing your talent with the rest of us.

9. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

^Interesting run-on sentence.

10. Promios

Promios Fourth Year

I enjoyed it most of the time. But it pissed me of a bit to.
    Him creating an army, no Hhr and Ron bashing(god i hate them sooooo much), Harry marrying Cho! WTF! That seriously ended my enjoyment.
    I liked the fact that he was Grindelwalds heir and practising the dark arts.

Couldnt stand it any more..filthy weasel and mudblood. The dakkath thing was good.

Dont get pissed of or anything(not that i think you will), it just isnt my style...

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well...the summary DID say that it was Harry/Cho. Can't say I didn't do anything to prepare you.

12. Promios

Promios Fourth Year

I think marriage is a bit much, even if her father is a asshole...

13. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

LT, you change your name more than P. Diddy! :D :D :D

(It is P. Diddy right?)

anyway, UPDATE!!! (Prerferably HRP, but this will work also) ;)

14. John Croaker

John Croaker Second Year

Update is urgent! The lack of good fic to read is starting to get on me! :x

15. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

She's not just marrying him to piss of Daddy. She genuinely loves him (at least that's what I got). Personally, I don't much like Canon!Cho, but this Cho seems much different, so I'm cool.

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Marrying him to piss off daddy would be kinda impossible seeing as Mr. Chang was the only who proposed the whole deal to begin with. She loves him and it going through with it despite knowing that she's giving the old bastard exactly what he wants.

17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Heh, I was about to point that out.

Harry/Cho ruined it for some... meh. Guess they cant grasp a Cho that doesnt act like a hosepipe.

18. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

It's not so much grasping a different sort of faucet-face. It's that canon turned her from good character to bad character. (Although I still think it's pretty arguable she was a 'good' character to begin with.) I don't mean light/dark or good/evil. I mean JKR wants us to like or not like her.

And JKR turned her into a punchline. For the same people who can't stomach redeemed!Draco or redeemed!Snape, it's the same sort of principle now. If you want Harry/Cho to work, you've got to be willing to accept a redeemed!Cho. And like any other character, it's so much easier to refuse to like her than it is to like her. The sheer volume of HP fanfic in the world (as compared to most other fandoms) allows us to be so much more picky. Unfortunately for a good dark 'take shit from no one' Harry, there aren't as many options as we'd like to admit and LT2000/Lord Serapheth here has undoubtedly one of the best. So the people read it anyway and then complain about the Harry/Cho.

God I hate hypocrites like that.
    /me ducks to avoid the swinging irony.

19. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I love this story, it is easily one of the best I have read. Will there be open
    warfare between DEs/Ministry/Order and Harry's army anytime soon?

20. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

dooooes anyone know whats going on with this story. it hasnt been updated in what seems like forever and i just wanted to know from either LT or someone else who knows what this stories status is. it is one of my all time favorites and everytime i check and dont see an updated chapter i get all sad. i dont wanna be sad now do i.