1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dante's Inferno

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Solace, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Solace

Solace First Year DLP Supporter

Saw the trailer by accident, and am now drooling over the level design. In relation to plot? It's about five dimensions away from the original epic poem. In design? Possibly better than the artwork done by Gustave Doré.

It looks quite like God of War in regards to game play (most likely because the guy who was in charge of that game is the same guy on Inferno), but personally, that doesn't bother me in the least. With all the awesome design going on here, a little bit of sameness isn't going to dissuade me.

Trailer

Also? This is disgusting. And by disgusting, I mean the greatest thing I have ever seen.

P.S. EA does some crazy ass shit to promote their work.

2. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

I've been watching this game for a good while. My first thoughts were skeptic at best. It looked almost identical to God of War. Then I remembered how much fun those games are and said fuck it.

Since then I've drooled over every little bit of video or sneak peek I could get my grubby hands on. The storyline looks legit and the gameplay damned impressive. They really put time and effort into it, which is kind of surprising considering most of the stuff they put out. All in all I'm excited and ready for this to drop.

They're also releasing an animated movie alongside this. Six different directors, six different takes. Looks pretty sick! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Pu2d-rNYs

3. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

This games looks freaky as hell. Fucking literally. Can't wait for it, but wasn't there some Christian controversy about EA making Christian religion look bad or something?

4. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Fuck angry Christians.

5. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

Fixed that for you.

6. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

I just found out that they have an achievement for killing demon babies that were sent to hell because they were unbaptized. The achievement is called "Bad Nanny" and Visceral Games apparently got into trouble with a Nanny orginization that said the producers of the game were giving thier originization a bad name. Personally, I think that an achievement for killing demon babies is both sick and funny. Sick in that your killing a fucking baby and funny in that your killing a demon baby with knives for hands.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  7. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

This is a little unfair to Christianity since EA staged the controversy itself.

Game looks like shit. And the developers looked like such creepy fucks there's no way I'm going to support them by buying it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  8. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

I don't know, the gameplay looks like it will be just like God of War or Devil May Cry, and those games had amazing gameplay, and buying the game doesn't mean your supporting the devolopers, it just means your playing something made by them. I have to agree with you though, they do look like a bunch of creepy bastards. I mean, you have to be a creepy bastard to come up some of the shit in that game. Still, I can't deny that it looks fucking awesome.