1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Darkness Reigns Supreme by Dark Syaoran - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Dark Syaoran, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

Samples are always fun...

This is easily one of the best DarkHP stories I've ever read. Keep it up!

Will we see any more ritual work from Harry? I really like that it for once take time for Harry to learn things. I hate stories that have Harry become mega powerful and more skilled then Dumbledore and Voldemort combined over just a few months.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

A teaser has been posted for Chapter Seven in the 'Work by Author' section. Sorry about the wait, I've been having trouble with this one, plus my rapidly declining interest in Harry Potter didnt help. Luckily, my interest is back.

1000 words or about, as normal. Enjoy! I'll try to actually complete the chapter soon, but dont bet on it.

3. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

Evil teaser, it successfully made me want to read more, yet, at the the same time, doesn't let me get more. Loved the fight scene, and the rune thing near the end sounds eerily similar to the alchemy in Full Metal Alchemist (do you even know what that is?). I suppose this teaser also shows that even with 10 years of training, Harry isn't OMFGWTF!!!!111 strong.

Seeing as you said that I shouldn't bet on you updating soon, I'll just wait here.. patiently *starts tapping fingers and looking at watch*

4. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

Great teaser for Chapter Seven!!! I cant wait until the entire chapter is finished...

5. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Awesome! I am in awe of your masterfulness! This is most definitely one of the best Dark!Harry stories out there. I just read the teaser, and it had me on the edge of my seat from the first word.

About the romance in the story, I say screw it. I've found that romance usually ruins a story, not to say that I don't believe that you could pull it off, but it just seems unneeded to add such a complex variable to the story.

Can't wait for the next update
    Mr. F

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Okay people. I have finally updated! I know I took my sweet-ass time, but shit happens.

It's been posted in the 'Work by Author' section of this site. It will be up on FF.Net in a few minutes and FicWad too. Enjoy it. Oh, and it hasnt been beta'd either, like normal.

7. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Ha! I'm so glad. But when Harry finished his education?

8. Haunted Warrior

Haunted Warrior Fifth Year

Nice chapter! I liked the fog spell, it's unique and different to most concealing spells. I like the mentor as well, he's serious yet I couldn't help but smile at the part where he said he'd rather that they were out cold than dead

9. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sya you are the man! I loved the ritual and how long it took harry to get used to his new eye as well as the the powers they provide. I just have one question thought. I cant picture they eye thought. I mean is the entire eye green or black or what?
    I also like that his mentor mostly winning against him. It shows that he's not just showing up, over powering them, and moving on.
    Keep up the good work.

10. CGB

CGB Auror

I honestly don't know why I never wrote in this thread. Syaoran: Your story is great and it's one of the few I have on my favorite list. Now I could of course praise your story, but it was done before and I'm not very creative, so...
    Anyway. I liked the new chapter and give this story 5/5 stars

11. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Great job Syao. Everything has a realistic price in this story, something that most others are missing. It's a very enjoyable read and I look forward to reading the next chapter.

Keep it up, update soon.

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Thanks for the 'reviews'.

Indo: His eyes are completely black. Think of a black marble or something. The only time they change is when he starts using them at a higher level, then white veins appear on the surface. I hope that cleared it up.

13. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Great chapter! I like that he needs to take a few months to get used to his new eyes before he can take full advantage of them.

Also how many more people will he study under before returning to take care of Voldemort?

14. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Gotcha..its like the Byakugan except all Black. :D

15. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

And it does not give Harry 359 degree vision or the Opening points for magic.

However the way it looks is probably very similar to an all black Byaugan(sp?)

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I guess it is, but the veins are on the actual eyeball, and not around the eyes.

For how many more people teaching him, only one or two, then it'll just be a little self study before returning. The day is drawing nearer.

17. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

Dude I love how the story is going so far, I can't wait to see what comes next. Just one question though, does his snake actually have any powers of any kind or is he just a plain and normal guy. (Apart from being the worlds most poisonius of course)

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Just a normal snake. He always gets some type of super-magical snake in stories so I decided to be a little different.

19. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Great story. I like how the process of learning is taking years instead of him cheating some way and learning everything in twelve hours in the room of requirement. Also, I really look forward to seeing Dumbledore's reaction to Harry's return (assuming that he is still alive). You get a big ol' thumb's up.

20. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

It is a great story. One thing that I want to see more of is the effects of Harry's mutation. I want to know if that has any further effects on things like the 'eternal darkness eye' or is it responcible for his incredible powers of wandless magic when he is consumed with utter rage.

On another note, how powerful is Harry at the moment in comparison with Dumbledore and Voldemort. We know that when Harry was in the Tri-wizard tounament he nearly had the power of an inner circle member, but after all these years, plus the ritual that Harry did when he stole that Wtiches magic, just how powerful is he, and how powerful would the Dark Empress be.