1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Darkness Reigns Supreme by Dark Syaoran - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Dark Syaoran, Dec 27, 2005.

1. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

POST IT!! :D :D :D

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Chapter Four has been completed and posted in the 'Work By Author' section. I wasnt going to post it until Midknight got back to me but either he's too busy or never got the chapter I posted to him...

Anyway, it'll be up on FF.Net in a few minutes. Once again, it hasnt been beta'd.

3. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Excellent chapter, although I felt Ron was portrayed as too good a duelist, which annoyed me, but I loved how you had Harry traveling the world, taking up apprentiships and such.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Ron is a good duelest in this. He's an auror... level two, which is the second highest level. I know a lot of people hate the character, as well as I, but I'm trying to make it realistic. Since a war is going on, I'm sure he wouldnt just sit around playing with his penis.

He'll probably die later anyway, as will many characters.

5. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Excellent Sya i always enjoy your updates. Ok so i understand Ron now that you've explained it so it clears up my protests, just a thought but i think you may be skipping a bit to far every time you do it. An explanation of what he actually studied while apprenticing Transfig and now runes might be a bit helpful, though i can live with out it, just a thought.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Wow, what a great chapter!

To tell you the truth, when you first started this story, it seemed like simply a vent for some frustration with HP. But with each new chapter it was getting better and better, until the point when it got better than your primary story... not that it really had a chance against this gem, it being post-HBP and all.

But anyway, I loved almost everything regarding this chapter - traveling the world, OC's, Harry's powers (not overpowered, which is always good), action scenes and of course, Dumbledore vs Riddle interaction. Just be mindful not to kill too many people, or if you do, replace them with Hogwarts new generations, people that were first years in OOTP or HBP...

Oh yes, the only thing I didn't like in this chapter was passage "...like taking a piss in something holy". I don't know if this was intentional on your part or not, but this was most definitely taken from Big D's "Harry Potter and the News"... I think that this particular comarasion had even been quoted on this forum.

Well anyway, great chapter. Hope you keep writing this as a serious story, instead of a stress-releiver as it seemed in the beggining...

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

That holy line just kept popping up in my head... I thought I'd read it somewhere before and now I know where. Bloody hell... I think his said holy water though... lol.

Anyway, it looks like this story has pretty much taken over my brain. It wont leave me alone. I cant even write a few lines of my other story without being assulted by urges to make Harry a psycho, lol.

I wont be killing too many. Most will be unknown characers with a few knowns thrown in. I'll have to start searching through the books to look for names to the younger students. CoS he missed the bloody sorting, PoA he and Hermione missed it when they went with McGonagall, GoF I cant remember but I dont think it mentioned any names or even had a bloody song... and OotP, well, I dont even own that. HBP... I guess I can force myself to look at it again for just names.

I'm glad the OC's were good enough. His... sextoy will be in it a bit more, not sure what will happen to her though.

8. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

sweet chapter... gotta agree that pretty much everything was great in it.. the female OC was pretty cool in my eye... ouhta keep her around as a mistress for the rest of the story...

9. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Yep I agree with this..Keep her around..she could confuse lust with love and be completely loyal to him :twisted: ...What up with the Dark Lady in japan? And when is harry going back to England? I love this fic and can't wait for the next chapter.

10. Israfel

Israfel First Year

Hmm, just read the new chapter and I feel that if you can keep up the current quality of it this fic is defintely going places. Interested to see if you're going to do anything with that Dark Lady in Japan because Harry+dark arts+Japan=awesomeness. I'm withholding a comment about his 'sextoy', as you put it, for now because we've only seen one little snippet of her right now and thus it's a bit early to have a gotten a read on her character. Overall, while not being as action packed as some earlier chapters I felt this chapter accomplished what it set out to do which was, if I'm reading this right, as a sort of mid-chapter to explain how he's going to get from point A to point B. So good job and keep up the excellent writing, looking forward to the next update.

11. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

I AM NOT WORTHY, this chapter was great now to japan for some sword fight training or samuri training?

12. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

:D That kicked so much ass. Ron castrated a bitch! :rofl:

The Dark Lady's a nice spin, as well as saying the rumors weren't confirmed.. to many stories have him believe everything he hears and makes him seem foolishly optimistic.

Sweet chapter, please update soon!

13. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

EXCEPTIONAL!!! Couple of concerns I have. All of these VERY powerful knowledgeable people. It feels like there is simply too many of them. ALthough I guess being great in one field doesn't indicate anything.

About the Dark Lady. I am concerned as it kind of undermines Voldemort indirectly. According to HBP he is "one of the darkest wizards in History" Some random lady shouldn't be on par with him. And let's leave out ht e Katanas and stuff. THey are SUCH a cliche.

Now the new Chapter was...BRILLIANT!!! I couldn't have been more impressed. Exceptional!!!

I hope you update soon!

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Teaser posted in the 'Work by Author' section. Just 1000 words like normal, nothing great.

Enjoy.

15. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Blah, I doubt anything you add animagus wise will be useless/crappy. Even a fly has its upsides( Intelligence/ Concealment ).

Loved the psuedo-chapter, especially the impalement. Reminded me of FMA.

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'd have to see something really original to be convinced. Animagus is one of the oldest cliches out there.

17. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I dug the wolf-man part, but Animagus? I don't know if anything new can be done there. And to incorporate it into battles and stuff would be more prudent, yet can't be done frequently (other than wormtail and his escapes as an animagus. I don't know about this. Why can't he have the ability at all? Wouldn't that be simpler?

Also, according to JK you only find out your animagus ability once you HAVE transformed. WHile potions may be involved you don't find out until you're fully in touch with your "power animal" for lack of a better term. ANd yes, your animal is a reflection of your personality. Examples abound, but yeah.

18. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

'Cause its one of the concepts people just universally liked in the series.

19. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

But really everyone here loves this fic, know i cant get enough of it.

Excellent teaser i like it, you mentioned more on the transfig and runes capabilities, animagi or not i still bow to this fic. Will we be seeing the rest soon?

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Fuck JKR, thats all I have to say on that.

I know the form I've picked hasnt been used before. It wont even play a huge role in the story, just something he can use if he really needs it, like getting into places he shouldnt.

He isnt going to be a thunderbird or something and zap the shit out of every Death Eater he comes across. Anyway, Harry in my other story hasnt got a form so it isnt like 'I' myself over use this cliche.

Some of the runic magic he will use is loosely based off FMA, but thats only the tip of the iceburg. It will go into wards, enchanting, ect, ect.