1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Darkness Reigns Supreme by Dark Syaoran - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Dark Syaoran, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

At this point in time, I think finding something "new" is a cliche all on it's own. I swear, the next time I see a story where Harry is some mysterious new animal that I've never heard about and we need to dedicate 1k words to even understand what we're reading about.. well, I might do something nasty.

All I can say is, try to keep it realistic to Harry's character... and that I'm anxiously awaiting an update! (teasers are evil... evil things. *sob*)

2. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

Oi! That teaser was way too evil!!! Introducing animagi and not revealing it? Yup... has to be one of the cruelest things in existence... Nah! :)

I like the new teaser. Animagus cliche doesn't really bother me anymore since it is a novel idea to turn into an animal at will. I'm sure his form is gonna be somewhat interesting, considering Syao's the author. 8) It was also a good idea introducing the wolf-man. Finally Harry had a little bit of action. Maybe you can incorporate it into something like underworld, where werewolves can transform at will... Makes for a nice new challenge for the wizarding world. Oh Oh! Have Umbridge or the whore ripped to shreds!!!

P.S. Teasers are evil... :evil:

3. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Syaoran I'm going to kill you for the evilness of the teaser...Please update soon...This is one of my favorite stories.

4. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Just had another thought. Shouldn't Harry be as powerful as Voldemort or Dumbledore by now? He's spent a decade studying, which is approximately how long Tom Riddle went and studied for (before making his return as Voldemort).

Harry should be on par with those two by now. At the minimum he's good at OCclumency. Some basic knowledge of Legilimency, and now he knows runes and transfig. Feels like he's set to me. Maybe not to return to England (as he's still wanted, and who knows what's happened in the last decade or so...All we saw was one breif encounter in Diagon. But by now Britain should be terrified and paralyzed. Also what has happened to the other European Nations?)

Anyway, it just feels like its time Harry started to make some moves of his own. He should be pretty damn powerful by now. Maybe bested only by Dumbledore and Voldemort. And that's maybe. He's been studying for a long time. I'm sure he picked up enough dark arts along the way. (Plus, Dumbles doesn't use them, and he seems to do okay. Maybe read about them, and he'll be fine.) Anyway, that's my two cents.

I love this story!!! UPDATE!!! :D :D :D

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

He's been gone about eight years now, I'm really aiming for around the amount of time Voldemort was gone for, 15 - 20 years. I wont drag it on too much though, he'll either return right at the end of this chapter or the start of the next one.

He'll start to heavily train in the dark arts soon and his 'normal' attitude he has when he's around people he doesnt really mind will probably start changing, turning into a more Voldemort mindset, though not as egotistical as him. He'll only really stay around a few select people without wanting to kill them.

Well, I better get back to writing.

6. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

God damn it Sya your teasing again! Is he stil going to go and get some training from the rumored Asianic Dark Lady? or was that just a bit of a side note?

7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You remind me of how much I've got to get back to writing before either you or Sera winds up writing some of the stuff I'd planed out for mine, but not written yet, lol. I've sworn off his story for that reason, I kinda can't swear off yours I suppose, lol. Ah well hopefully the idiots at my job will be fired.

Nice teaser

8. Israfel

Israfel First Year

Heh, reminds of some other authors I know who refuse to read any fanfiction to avoid letting other authors ideas influence their own, but I only know a few 'purists' like that.

9. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Harry's better then everyone but Dumbles and Voldy in England by now, right?

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I added a few hundred more words onto Chapter Four. It isnt much, just a little bit of his time during his transfiguration apprenticeship. Just shows him getting a little bit frustrated at himself. It also has something else that will come into play later but I wont say. I'm sure its easy to pick out.

Its inbetween the Azkaban attack and the ritual he does. Just so you can find it easy. I thought the five year gap was just a bit too gappish.

3500 words of Chapter Five have been written. I'm nearly there. :p

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Okay, I've finished Chapter Five and its posted in the 'Work by Author' section. I got this out quicker than normal... hopefully it isnt shit because of it.

I'll post it at FF.Net later because its three in the morning and I need sleep.

12. Element

Element Seventh Year

Fantastic chapter. Harry's animagus form (Read: Animagus, not Animangus :wink: ) was interesting and you're right, it hasn't been used before. I daresay it will come in handy for espionage.
    Dumbledore's little toy was enlightening, and I haven't heard of that being usesd before. Usually authors just say wizards live very long.
    I'm liking Harry's plan to do with the Lady, I'm sure it won't be that easy if it happens. Lots of problems to happen there, I guess.
    And the Harry/Rebecca interaction was pretty swish.
    It was cool to see what Harry's personality is like now, I think the ritual showed us just how dark he is now.
    So yeah, all good.
    The only problem I saw was the spelling of Animagus, which I wouldn't have picked up on if I hadn't been in a hyper-active alert mood.

Keep up the good work.

13. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Oh, sweet I loved the blood ritual scene, though I really wonder who that DE was and if we would hear about her later.

The thing about Dumbledore's age was interesting, though canon argument did indicate that magic folks can live well into the 100s to problem I think.

I'll hold off on the Dark Lady. Seems to me like Harry might be just a bit too cocky. No reason why she wouldn't just kill him outright when they meet, but I'm sure you'll come up with something good. :p

Now the ending with Voldemort thinking about his 'invasion plan' caught my eye. Me thinks some serious foreshadowing happening here. Looking forward to see our favorite DL's plans.

Best of luck on following chapters.

14. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

GREAT!! I still like the idea that your animagus reflects your personality. I don't know. Its an appealing thought. Maybe, it reflects how people underestimate Harry (flies carry LOADS of diseases, and in Africa, carry the Sleeping Sickness, which kills), his connection to death (flies lay maggots in a body within an HOUR after death ... pretty sick, eh?), and harry's nature as a survivor. Flies are omnivorous are tough to catch, and stealthy and self-serving. Add that, and I'll be happy.

Also, the eyes enable it to see almost 360 degress all around.. that's why they are so huge. They fly more deftly than all other creatures (something to do with the wing movement.)

Last (AND MOST IMPORTANT)

HOw did Lucius find out about the jewel? Does Dumbledore have a spy? Who's that close to him?

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Woo! People like it. I'll change the spelling to Animagus soon.

That's really good. :D I'll use it. Harry'll be curious about why he is a fly. I was thinking of making him a Snidget ages ago but thats a magical bird so yeah... :p That's why Harry had a headache too, because he could see everything at the same time.

This Dark Empress stuff. I'm not sure what'll happen. He is not going to get training from her anymore. That's why he asked to be introduced to Rebecca's uncle. She'll play a bigger role still though... maybe she forms an alliance with Riddle. Shall be interesting. I thought him learning from her would just complacate things too much, trying to evade oaths and such, even if I did have an idea for that. :p

Oh, and Lucius has his ways. ;) You'll see.

16. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I love it..But just one question...What are you going to do with rebecca?

17. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

Nice chapter i can't wait to see Harry's return to the UK.

About Dumbledore's life prolonging item.

Philosophers stone maybe ? but that would be way too obvious.

But we never saw it get destroyed and all we had was Dumbledore's word

Real trustworthy. :eek:

18. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

great chapter... loved it all.. the ritual was rather interesting as well....

19. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Woo Zero you make a nice point on the stone, and i believe it possable. Anyway nice update Sya, couple of interesting idea's but the ritural was tops i ejoyed that. If he aint learning from the Asian Dark witch why not have him kill her as a test of might before heading back to England and batteling Riddle? i"ll be hanging out for more.

20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Or have him fuck her.

Hot Asian chicks = pwn. Especially when they're psychotic.