1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DC/Marvel-Harry xover

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by GrayFox, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Darthgrim

Darthgrim First Year

If anyone plans on doing this you could take the ending down a different road. My thoughts were, DC has a Multiverse similar to Marvel right? You said Harry can only leave once Death turns out the lights but what if all the lights have to be turned off first. So instead of a happy ending we get one where the Universe ends, Harry wakes up expecting to see his family but instead just sees another universe. The end.

2. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

This just popped into my head.

"Why so serious?"

Sirius Black as the Joker. Not necessarily a crossover, more of a copying of some elements of the Joker and so on into the Harry Potter universe. Or a straight up crossover with a Sirius Black whose mind has fractured so badly from Azkaban that he doesn't remember how to do magic, but he's wrecking havoc in the muggle world so Harry decides to hunt him down.

3. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

People would expect Sirius to be like that - they'll think Azkaban - nuts - Joker. Not a hard connection to make. :)

However, if the story left the "Joker's" identity hidden , and it mislead/implied to the reader that it was Sirius via clues, dialogue, etc., only for it to twist and turn out to be, say, Pettigrew, or even a character that no one expected...

Heck, if cloak and dagger is used that much, both literally and figuratively, who says that the Joker has to be a man?

It'd require a good mystery/detective/thriller writer, though.

4. Jester

Jester Seventh Year DLP Supporter

This may not be the place but I have a pretty cool symbioteHarry idea.

Not fully fleshed out but it would be a Planet of the Symbiotes type of idea.

Have Harry be on one of the more normal Earth spheres, where magic replaced the mutant strain. Also this planet probably would not have a whole lot of other supers in it. Would still have the cosmic powers like the Eternals and Deviants. Probably Asgardians as well.

Post-Symbiotic Harry Potter stories!

---------- Post automerged at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Also Carnage + Voldemort. That is all.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  5. syed

syed Supermod

In some cross overs, Mutants are simply altered wizards. THeir powers having a common source, like all their powers come from Zero point Energy. If this is true, Imagine what would have happened if mutants were aided by wizards when they first appeared, so Hogwarts becoming a sanctuary for them. Sort of one spell squibs.

6. SKsniper128

SKsniper128 Fifth Year

Just a note guys, if you happened to like the story, 'Terminal Justice' I hope you have it saved on your computer, because it is no longer on ff.net.

-SK

7. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    nooooooo. Somebody help me out:)

8. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Well, that's pretty shitty.

9. chriar

chriar Third Year

10. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's on Caer Azkaban.

I also have a saved .epub version, a .mobi, and a .zip

PM me your email and which one you want.

11. AntHil

AntHil First Year

So I've skimmed through a lot of this thread and I've noticed that a lot of the methods suggested to give Harry superpowers seem pretty high brow - things like genetic modification etc.

But what about a good old fashioned industrial accident?

Say Vernon takes Harry to Grunnings for reason X and there's an accident that should kill Harry (what the accident is I don't know) but, for some reason unrelated to magic, Harry not only survives the accident but ends up with superpowers as a result.

Or - and this is the idea I'm toying with - Neville Longbottom has an accident in potions that should badly injure/kill Harry but instead he ends up with superpowers, and not necessarily magic-related ones either.

So, good idea, bad idea? I used to be able to tell then I started visiting ff.net.

12. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Harry is scraped by a radioactive bit, and becomes Drill-Man?

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  13. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  14. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

A drill factory having an accident that gives Harry powers. Sorry, I think the suspension of disbelief would be strained a tad too hard, there.

Potions trope is done all the time, except that it's usually a catalyst for either mindless slash, Harry changing gender, or being sent back in time to either his parents' school years, or the Founders. So, nah - do not want.

15. Alive and Free

Alive and Free Groundskeeper

The drill factory idea is pretty thin but I think that the idea of an industrial accident has merit, though the circumstances would be somewhat contrived.

As for the potions accident Jorm's right. It has been used in a lot of shitty fics but who says that would be the case here. I mean there are a lot of shitty time travel fics out there but that doesn't make Wastelands and The Unforgiving Minute any less awesome.

I think in this case it depends on the writer more than the idea itself.

16. chriar

chriar Third Year

Speaking about this makes me wonder what ever happened to Heather's Teen Titan crossover.

17. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Eh... Heather who?

Edit: Now I remember. The fuck is wrong with me?

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  18. chriar

chriar Third Year

Speaking about this makes me wonder what ever happened to Heather's Teen Titan crossover?
    Edit: Jormungandr, weren't you also writing one?

19. chriar

chriar Third Year

Sinclair. I also seem to fail at editing post.

20. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

WIP

I thought about putting this in the Barely acceptable thread, but I think you guys in this thread would appreciate it more.

It a typical "insert Harry" in a movie story, but it's not all rehash, so it's decent. the author plays the master of death card in this as harry actually being the master and thus immortal... more powerful... etc.

Like I said, barely acceptable, but at least it's Avengers.

Oh... and how in the hell can a story get 500+ review in only four days and 29k words?