1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Every mentor gives you the same quest chains, excepting the chains that are unique to that mentor specifically. You just get them at different times. At best, unless one of you starts over, you'll just have to take turns completing your story arcs.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I finally decided to buy, and play, DCU Online. Now with the recent hack and follow up closure of PSN, I can't. BUT, though I didn't want to at first, I could buy and play it for the PC.
    My question is, if I make an account and character from the PC, will I be able to play with the same character from the PS3 when (if) PSN is back on-line? Or are the two completely separate?

Sorry for necro.

3. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

As far as I know, no. They both have different servers.

4. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Does anyone know if it's possible to activate the game(for the PS3) and make an account from the computer?
    Like, with the PS Store down, activation through that is a no-go. Is there another way? Any way? I've heard rumors, but nothing concrete.

5. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    DC Universe launches it's first DLC and it's Lantern themed. It will offer new events, gear and the Hard Light power set. It will cost 9.99$, pretty low, I think. Also, Red Lanerns will appear as well as the Sinestro Corps and the GLs.
    I am definitely buying this, I've been waiting and hoping for it ever since I bought the game, but I didn't dare hope they'd bring it this soon.
    More information here.
    Thoughts?

Also, update 4 is almost upon us.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  6. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

I still don't think it'll warrant me returning to this game, still seems like not enough content to keep on going. On a side note, the developers said DC comics won't allow the players be a real green lantern, but more of a recruit.

7. Rumbleroar

Rumbleroar Seventh Year

The only good Lantern Corps is the Orange Corps... Avarice for the fucking win.

8. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Anyone still playing this game?
    If yes, we could organize something. Now with the megaservers, pvp is much easier.
    Those of you who gave it up after a month or two, PLAY MORE D8
    I'd like to see how the fearsome DLP'ers fare in DCUO.
    Edit: I'm looking at you antivash.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  9. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

I read on IGN today that they are going to be offering this game for free next month. I am definitely going to get it now.

LINK

10. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Is anybody still playing this?

I am downloading it now, but 14 GB seems like a big investment for something that I will probably be uninstalled within a week.

11. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I am sill playing the game, and will be for a long time.
    The game is now free to play, although you'll have to go at least premium if you seriously want to play. After a while, and after you reach the level cap, you just can't operate within the boundaries free to play players have.
    (free to play < premium < legendary) with Legendary being an active subscription and premium is what you'll be if you buy stuff of 5$ or more total worth.
    Populations has really kicked up since f2p as well, and they recently fixed the lag it caused.
    The next (8th) powerset will come out soon, that being Electricity (healer/dps).

If you do play, I would say play for free for a couple months to get the feel of the game. The quests and levels are only the introduction. The real game (and fun) begins after you start doing alerts, raids etc and join a decent league.

Hit me up with a PM if you have any in-game questions, or go join the official forums.

Edit: New contect has been flooding in recently, with new alerts, raids and pvp maps.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  12. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

I got this for ps3 now. It is pretty fun. Anyone have any good character suggestions? Right now I have a sorcery, hand blaster, flight guy under Circe and just started a fire, brawler, super speed guy under Superman.

13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    If you have any questions him me up with a PM or find me online as “Rep Shokum“.

Alternatively, go make a hero character and join my league (the bigest and best in the EU PS3 server), Justice Knights.

14. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

I've decided to play this again and apparently my account has Ledgendary Access, apparently that means I get the DLC for free, where do I go to download it? Also, for some reason my old character has _DF after his name and I'm pretty sure I didn't put that there, anybody know why it could be there?

15. azrael

azrael Professor

That was probably put there after they merged the servers and had to solve name conflicts. I'm pretty sure to get the DLC you just go into the store page in-game, but I'm not 100% on that.

16. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I started playing this about a week ago now, since I saw that it was free to play. I haven't had the time to really dedicate myself to it until yesterday though. After a few aborted characters, I've been playing a hero with mental abilities, an assault rifle and with Batman as a mentor. I've only reached Level 7 though. And I'm not sure I want to stick with him. I really want to be a Green Lantern actually. I tried buying the DLC, but there was some conflict with my bank or something. Once that issue's resolved though...

17. Deviace

Deviace Second Year

I was considering downloading this as Ive the next week off but at 15g I wanted to ask those here who have actually played it is it worth those 15g? Hows the leveling? Is it a boring grind on mobs for hours? Or more quest based such as wow? How long would you say it takes to get into the interesting aspects of the game? I really dont want to download this is im just going to play it a few times and go meh.

18. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Is 15 gigs really that big of a deal? If so you may need to get a bigger HD or an external. The leveling is more quest based and goes fairly fast since the level cap is only 30. I've even heard some people say they manage to hit cap in 24 hours. The game is fairly casual friendly since Fortress of Solitude 2 is the only raid that consistently takes a long time. Most everything else is less than an hour. I'd say it takes about a month or two to get to the top level content if you run it regularly. I personally like it since it's an mmo closer to an Action RPG than a WoW-clone.

19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The leveling can be done fairly quickly, with casual players reaching the cap within three days tops. But the real game starts after, when you start collection tier gear.
    That takes a long time, and an F2P account wont cut it. I suppose you can enjoy it still, but the money cap in F2P is crippling.

Btw, crafting will be introduced this week.

20. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Republic, I'm Premium, I bought the Elec DLC, and I can easily Raid in Fortress of Solitude, the highest content currently. You just need to learn to stack Soder Cola Extremes. You buy a stack of 6 for 900, and they stack up to 12 which sell for 1260 and you sell that stack if you need cash to repair. It's even easier if you're not a tank since you most likely won't even take that much damage to the gear unless you die and really, repair/sodas are the only real money sink for most people. Not to mention that making money in this game is so easy it's a joke. Hell more often than not, if I forget to buy a stack of colas I'll end up wasting the cash drops cause I have no use for it.