1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Why didn't you say so earlier, my good man?
    Can easily do FoS, you say? What's your gear like?

Well, I'm more often than not a Tank, but I respec all the time, so Premium is really horrible for me.

2. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

FoS drops with my T3 Chest and Legs, I'm a tank too though. My league pretty much has me as a permanent tank. I don't really like dpsing though.

3. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Please tell me you didn't roll Ice.
    Dpsing is fun. After a while and with enough raids, I've gathered almost the entire FoS dps set, along with some T2 dps pieces. Besides, Fire has some godawesome dps moves.

Two pieces away from full T3, but I don't really do the dailies. I only bother with the FoS raids for MoK.

4. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Yeah, I chose Ice, I liked the idea of ice(buffs/shields) over fire (self-heals), too bad they put in armor penetration and made defense a worthless stat.

5. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    They kinda nerfed Fire too. Used to be every power we used gave us 25% health boost, for all six of our powers. If you played your cards right, you could hit 12k health.
    As it is now, the first power we use gives us 60% health buff, and that's it. Barely 8k nowadays.

What server you on?

6. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

They BUFFED fire, just a long run buff. You're HP buff now scales with dominance too. I'm on the US-PC server.

EDIT: It's a buff because you no longer have to juggle 3+ skills to keep you health at a high level which means less spike damage since you can block more and they buffed a lot of your self heals too. So YOU may get a little less health but it's still more than ice tanks have while having equal defense not to mention that with less spike damage your healers have it easier which is less power used which helps the controllers.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  7. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Bah. Dominance does little. It is necessary, but it's not the stat for healing. You need Restoration if you're going for some serious self-heal (like I am), and a touch of crits.
    The whole Dom thing was just smokescreen. Fire Tanks were nerfed. I'd give the Dom back if it meant I would get my 12k health back.

8. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

As someone who has both a fire and an ice tank, I say good riddance to you guys NOT blocking, because you wanted to stack an extra 4k health (that wasn't really needed) since even 8k health is way too much.

9. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    You know Fire Tanks own Ice Tanks in duels, right? That self-heal and all that.
    Besides, even with 8k health, if we don't block, we're toast. That's not to say that every fire tank reaches 8k. Not everyone has the gear, skill points, or brains to play like they should.

10. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Yeah I know Fire>Ice now, and you know that if Ice tanks don't block we take a ton of damage too, not as much as a fire tank would if he didn't block, but still a good bit and that when we block we have the exact same mitigation as fire tanks do when they block.

11. Deviace

Deviace Second Year

This game seems pretty awesome, Im keen to try it. How much is it for a premium acc? Is it better on ps3 or PC? Ive mates who play it on ps3 but I dont think they would get into it long term like I would.

12. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

You get premium by spending $5 (any way, best done by buying a DLC pack) on the game. You can get Legendary for $15 a month, not really worth it in my opinion, well not until the remove soder cola stacking.

13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    What? No. An Ice Tank has insanely more Defense than a Fire one. It's how they operate, is it not? Don't your skills increase your defense?

14. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Blocking gives 5000 defense, and since the cap for FoS is 7100 that means you only need 2100 defense, on the other hand, our buff only gives us an additional 90% defense so we need 3737 to hit the cap. The cap for T1 is 5800~ and T2 is only a little more than that. So Ice tanks are force to block just like Fire Tanks now, in short, our passive is WORTHLESS.

15. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Well fuck I made an Ice Flying character.

You know, last night when I was able to log in for an hour, after spending 8 hours downloading and trying to fix the damned game. I got Launchpad.exe crash after crash after downloading the Steam version. So I downloaded the version from the Station, told it to install over my steam's folder for it. Nice, worked for an hour. Logged off after getting into the ship and watching the badass cinematic. Tried to log back in, nonstop launchpad crashes.

Verified files, takes 20 minutes+ found some that had gotten messed up. Redownloaded those files, launched, launchpad.exe crash. Deleted the entire game from the system, redownloaded again over night, logged in this morning okay. Just tried to launch the game again, launchpad.exe crash.

On my third total deletion and redownload to try to play this game. Looks fun, too bad it's not working worth a piss for me.

16. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Sounds like how Polynomial is for me. I can run it though just not with Steam.

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Damn. Crashes are fairly often, but nothing this bad. Maybe it's something with your computer?

Anyway, too bad you're on PC, would be cool to have more DLPers in the PS3 servers.

@ChaosGuy: The Defense cap has been removed, has it not?

18. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Yes and no, the hard cap has been removed, but you still can't have more than 75% damage mitigation. So while you can now have more than 5800 defense, you can't mitigate any more than 75%.

19. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Managed to log in and fly around amusing my kids. Still haven't left the original room yet though, going to go do that now. If I download and play the version I get from the Station's links it seems to work, but the Steam version, or even launching the game from the Steam Library, by simply adding it there via non-Steam game, insta crashes launchpad.exe

Edit: Joke's on me, I just tried to launch it again after having to shut it down for dinner and it crashes.

Edit: Redownloaded again for the fourth time, and it's working fine, multiple log ins and outs. Zero things have changed about my configuration. Game is amazing on concept, but the controls right now that I've seen are horrible, especially with targeting and having to hold button down for awhile to pick up things to throw at everywhere but where I was aiming at.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  20. Deviace

Deviace Second Year

Downloaded and about to play, What server is everyone on?