1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jan 11, 2011.

1. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I'm on the US server. PvE or PvP don't matter since you can just switch at the watchtower/Hall of Doom.

As far as the targeting goes, just use tab to lock on and then you can use tab to switch targets. As for the throwing thing, you should just have to hit e to pick up and use right click to throw not sure what holding you would have to do.

By the way, Villian side, on PC at least, is not very good for PvE since most people do everything, including low level stuff, in league or just PvP. On the other hand, the villian side PvP is nice. The Hero side is the exact opposite, most people PvE and the PvP ques can take forever to pop.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Maybe my config is different, I'll check, but I have to hold E for a second to a second and a half before he slowly scoops up the box, then the target I want to throw at, unless he's extremely close, can't be Tab targetted, and it'll miss by a mile.

Playing my Acrobatic Dual Gun using Gadget dude. The stealth backstab is nice, the taser cooldown is overpowered at the low level I'm at, but it's fun. I was raging hard over lack of autoattack until I unlocked one by holding down RMB a few levels in, and now it's not so bad. Totally different playstyle for guns versus handbeams. It seems the guns tend to either autoaim or autolock or something, because my handbeams weren't hitting worth crap, by my pistols are guided missiles even when jumping around high on crack.

Playing Hidepth
    [​IMG]

And ColdApproach
    [​IMG]

I like the Cold abit, but his damage with the handbeams is piss, and despite looking awesome, I picked comical personality, figuring there was voiceover or story changes or something. So far every time he's stopped moving, and takes that stance with leaning off one leg, I want to suicide the guy into magma.

3. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Handblasters are SHIT for dps, worst in the game. They are mainly used by healers for their power(mana) regeneration since they get a sharp decrease in damage the loss of damage from not using a good dps weapon is not a problem. Full-Auto is the only auto-attack, and it's pretty trash skill to be fair, most weapon attacks in this game are combo based although most combos aren't too difficult and the ones that are usually way deep at the bottom and those are few and far between. That said from what I remember for dual pistols, it's basically getting magnum out as often as possible, and using the jump shot skill.
    As for your targeting/throwing thing, if you can see them, hitting tab should put a target on them although maybe I've changed it, I don't think so and if it takes that long to pick something, it could either be some kind of lag or a heavier object and throwing shit becomes obsolete for the most part later on anyways. Also, don't buy iconic abilites, they suck, the passives are okay depending on class though.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I prefer PS3 because the controls are so much easier. I played at both PC and PS3, and eventually decided on PS3.
    Playing on EU PS3, myself.
    Handblasters are ... awesome in concept, dissapointing in practise.
    The game is worth it, but the leveling quests can get a bit repetitive. If you can go beyond that though, the real fun begins.

The Hero side has many good PvP players, ChaosGuy. The problem is that the Heroes are like 10 times more than the Villains, so our qeues take at least half an hour for each match. Which is horrible.
    More often than not, if we qeue with anything other than a full group, we'll get teammates using the Robin starting character, who attack the air and use their skills at random times.

5. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I sometimes use the PS3 controller for DCUO, and other games, myself although I still prefer to use a keyboard and mouse most of the time though. Yeah, there are some good PvP heroes, it's just most of them aren't good at doing anything other than attacking and trying to 1v1 some full T2 PvP geared villain which doesn't end well.

6. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Just downloaded this game yesterday. I have a question though, what should I buy with the cash? I haven't spent the 5$ yet (don't really plan on getting legendary), so I'm constantly at 1500$. There doesn't seem to be any gear that I need to buy, and I have plenty of soder cola o,o

7. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Stack Soder Cola Extremes, after you hit 30 you'll need extra cash on hand for repairs, this is especially important for raiding, I blow about 4k if a Fortress of Solitude run goes bad. I've even blown over 20k one week when we had a particularly bad string of luck on Avatar of Meta, the last boss in FoS2.

Also: Don't buy $5 worth of stuff, just buy a DLC, although which one will be up to you, Fight for the Light is better for early 30 stuff while Lightning Strikes is for top geared people, although the next DLC will probably have a raid with it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  8. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Yeah, I plan on buying a DLC. Early game seems to be going pretty fast though, so should I just go straight to buying lightning strike?

9. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I would advise against that, Lightning Strikes is for people running the highest level of content for the most part. I'd say wait until you either get to Fortress of Solitude raids or the next DLC comes out and buy that since it should have one of the T4 raids in it, whichever comes first.

10. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Fuck yeah crafting. My base health has skyrocketed, my resto has increased, and all the bonus dominance and power is just icing on the cake.
    Also, combat rating.

/crafting is awesome