1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by BioPlague, Jul 31, 2011.

1. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

2. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

So 4 players are Death Eaters. Which means one faction so far is likely to be the culprits.

Or both could be innocent with the death eaters splitting votes between the two because they win either way.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  3. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm still not sure why they're voting for Ashaya.

4. BioPlague

[​IMG]
    The sun begins to set....

Day 1 will conclude at 10:00PM EST (a little less than three hours from now). Night 1 will commence immediately and last until 10:00PM EST on 1 August 2011. The thread will be closed and discussion within it prohibited. Players should refrain from gaming the system by attempting to coordinate future day actions outside of it (unless your role explicitly states you may do so).

Players with night actions will receive a PM. A swift response from the players involved will mean future night phases may be shortened (as little occurs during them).

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I'm not convinced either person is a Death Eater. It would be too obvious for Ashaya since she was the first to post, and that's just setting a precedent and no one will want to be the first to post. Berkeley Hunt looks far more suspicious, but I'm still unsure if he is the most suspicious person to have posted. The blatant bandwagoning on Ashaya is very suspicious though, along with Berkeley's adamant support of Havoc's innocence. After Berkeley is hung, I say we go after Havoc next because he was very quick to defend himself as well. That's a sure sign of guilt. I don't think Ashaya is guilt free though, just less so than those two.

6. Rehio

High Score:
    Well. I'm not sure defending yourself is really a sign of guilt. "You're a snidget." "No I'm not."

I don't think anyone should be given the Kiss, it's a horrible thing. But at the same time, we know there are Death Eaters among us, and unless we do something we'll all find the Mark over our homes.

I do wish the Ministry would send the Aurors to protect us.

7. Anarchy

True, but Havoc simply said he wasn't a Death Eater, why should I believe him? He merely diverted attention back to Ashaya. Now with Berkeley Hunt defending him, quite adamantly, that is a good indicator that he is a Death Eater because they can pm each other according to what Merrill wrote at the top, or that Berkeley and Havoc are Order Member's and explicitly know that each other are not guilty, and no one else. It's either or in my opinion, and the vote today will prove which he is. I'm just trying to see every possible angle here, but no one else is really saying much of anything. One thing is certain, there is something fishy with Berkeley Hunt and his staunch defense of Havoc. If he's innocent, then I guess we know where else to look.

8. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Vote Player: The Berkeley Hunt

I doubt the Death Eater would draw attention to themselves with the first post. I could be wrong however.

I think my theory still stands. Whether one of them is a death eater will prove which faction is filled with them.

The only thing we must be wary of is whether or not they're splitting the votes between the two groups because neither player is a death eater. I guess we'll find one way or another in a little over a hour.

9. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    After this trial, I believe we should go after Kang next. You guys saw what he said. He admitted his guilt! We can't just let him walk away from something so damning.

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I dunno why anyone is talking about it. Its most certainly Ashaya! SHE IS OUT TO GET US ALL.

Vote Player: Ashaya

11. Anarchy

Space ghost clearly knows something we do not. An Auror should scope him out tonight, make him sweat a bit, even though he'll probably enjoy the cavity search :p

12. BioPlague

Day 1 has concluded.

[​IMG]

The hysteria that has built with poor Mrs. Hargrove’s passing is a sight to behold. It is to be expected with all the gloom and misfortune that has plagued Hogsmeade of late. Yet who could believe neighbor would be pitted against neighbor? That aspersions would be so casually bandied about with little more than rumor or hearsay to support them?

Perhaps the blame for such madness rests squarely with the Dementors, the decrepit guardians of Azkaban Prison who’ve taken residence in our fair village. They’ve been called here at the behest of the Ministry for who knows what reason and little joy has been experienced ever since. Just earlier today in fact, the villagers called to them—madness, I tell you! They had promised them the benefit of a meal and the use of their most awesome and horrifying power in the process. They had pinned Ashaya for the crime of Mrs. Hargrove’s passing… and then they pinned The Berkeley Hunt for it as well. Death Eaters? Death Eaters in Hogsmeade? And requesting the Dementors to take care of them with little more than a show trial? Madness!

It came close today. Yet it was the blessed turn from day to night that averted their deaths. The sun set and the voices of the village as a whole finally reached agreement. That we should all turn in for the evening, get some sleep and think this madness through. Wiser words were seldom spoken.

Sleep peacefully, Hogsmeade.

Night 1 has started.

PMs will be going out. Please hold off on any action until you have received them.

Posting is now prohibited in this thread until 10:00PM EST on 1 August 2011.

[​IMG]

13. BioPlague

Night 1 has concluded.

[​IMG]
    I had awoken to the sound of distant shouting. Startled, I had put on my robe and wizard hat and walked outside. There was confusion in the morning air as I followed a pair of witches to wherever the shouting was coming from. My confusion was replaced with dread as we entered the older part of the village and the whispers of my companions began to register in my then half-asleep mind.

It had happened again.

There had been a death. Except this time, there was no questioning it. I visited the body myself and the tell-tale signs of the Killing Curse were all there—the frozen look of horror, the lack of visible damage and the uneasy feeling that settles in your stomach while in the presence of recently cast dark magic.

I had surveyed the crowd that had congregated in our beloved neighbor’s home. Was he there? Was the person who killed him among us? Was there more than one?

The thought of Death Eaters returned to Hogsmeade is an unsettling one. But perhaps it is time I accept it as reality.

One of us did not survive the night. A masked individual broke into Scrittore’s home and used the Killing Curse on him. Scrittore was a Wizard.

Day 2 has started.

Posting is now permitted in this thread until 10:00PM EST on 2 August 2011.

Only the following (16) individuals have permission to participate in this thread:

Ashaya, Dark Minion, DarkDeoxys, Havoc, Kang, Lion, Lord Anarchy, Lutris, Merrill II (Game Host), Rehio, Riley Poole, Space Ghost, Tenages, The Berkeley Hunt, Vira and Xiph0.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

15. Rehio

High Score:
    So, because of the tie we're left with no further data and one innocent Wizard dead.

Why are folks voting for Ashaya, again? Because I have yet to see a reason.

Since nothing really has changed, I'll stick with my Vote Player: The Berkeley Hunt.

16. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm saddened by Scrittore's death; he didn't deserve that. :(

Since we still don't have any more information, I'll follow Rehio's lead and once again Vote Player: The Berkeley Hunt.

17. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

I'll reciprocate the defense that Berkeley gave to me by choosing ashaya again, and targeting all those who voted for him. These first two days have lead us no where in finding the Death Eaters, so I'll go with my instincts.

18. Rehio

High Score:
    So because Berkeley put blind (or not) trust in you, you're going to target everyone who voted for him.

Seven people voted for him, which guarantees that you're targeting at least some innocent wizards. Sounds like Death Eater logic to me.

19. BioPlague

Reminders because I am still getting questions....

To vote:
    Vote Player: Player Name

To rescind vote:
    Rescind Vote

Rinse, repeat. Only time you cannot rescind a vote is after a majority (in this case, eight) has been reached. I do not have to acknowledge that it has occurred (I am not on at all times of the day).

Do not reply to this post.

20. Anarchy

Well, Scrittore voted for Berkeley Hunt, and now he's dead. You and him are acting awfully a lot like Death Eater's, and Xiph0's quick revote without waiting for other people to act is very suspicious. I'm just seeing red flags jump up all over the place and nothing is adding up. Why Scrittore? If Ashaya's a death eater, I don't think she would have killed someone who voted with her, it just doesn't make sense to me logically.