1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters Mafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by BioPlague, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm with Aekiel that someone needs to die today and while I actually heavily suspect Zeit, I agree with the sentiment that HoS is shifty as hell so

Vote Player: Hero of Stupidity.

2. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

By saying I dont want to die, you usually do. Ever see one of those moving stories on the fellyfone, a Horror movie?

3. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I say Zeitgeist, it's very wrong to accuse me, just because I haven't established that I'm against bandwagoning. If you go that way, you could accuse everybody here in one way on another.

But if you want then I say it's Taure, because he already established, so he has an 'alibi' to remain alive. it makes him the perfect Death Eater. Just like dear old Lucius Malfoy....

4. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

It has long been known that I am a former Death Eater. However, I have forsaken these evil ways. Remember Severus Snape, who turned to the side of light and became a spy. I, sadly, am not brave enough (despite the fact that I'm a Gryffindor) to spy on the Dark Lord and his minions. I can not say who is a current Death Eater, but Taure has long told me how the muggleborns are a blight on our society. To be fair, I myself harbor such sympathies, but this killing of able bodied wizards and witches is counterproductive. We need to cull the weak! People like CrackedMind, whose very name suggests that his mind is lacking. Kill me if you wish, but I have repented my ways and I'm now just an ordinary witch. I can only hope that you do not doom yourselves to repeat the mistakes of the past, lynching innocent wizards and witches.

5. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Sorry for the double post, but a lot of people have posted when I was typing. :eek:

I find something wrong with this quoted portion. We have 24 hours every day, and while that is not a lot of time, it is enough to have a discussion. We should all say what we think/ if we think someone is suspicious. If we only narrow down on one person a day, it will be a quick lose for the town if the Death Eater's avoid our scrutiny.

6. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Wrong forum to compare yourself to Snape on, Ashaya. It's a good way to get lynched.

7. ratstsrub

ratstsrub Guest

Lynching the first day is merely delivering an innocent into Death's hand. I'll not have the Death Eaters enjoy two feasts.

Consider, we lynch, and we will invariably choose a hapless fool. Then the Death Eaters, giddy over the blood-spilling wrought by our manic desperation, spills blood yet once more, and what have we to gain but a needless corpse hanging on a lifeless tree?

We gain little for killing today, and so I vote nay.

Vote Player: None

Tomorrow, tomorrow if I live past tonight, there should be blood. But not today.

This talk of suspicion on those who do not want to pointlessly lynch, it is contrary to facts and fueled by fallacious reasoning. There may be a time, indeed, when the Death Eaters would rather this village not lynch, but that time is not now.

That time would be when our numbers are low, and theirs near equal to ours, such that the chances of we lynching them are great, that they will advice prudence and patience.

But this time, this is the time when our numbers are high, and theirs low, such that we are almost guaranteed to be killing one of our own, which would play right into their hands.

And forbid, we kill an Auror! And forbid, we even accuse an Auror, such that he now needs to identify himself!

With a Sorcerer among the Death Eaters, this would invalidate our one only hope of securing their identities, and on the first day too!

The Auror must stay hidden in the masses, safe until proof of guilt can be found, then the Auror must come forth to lead with all the gathered reports of past evenings. We cannot risk this ace of ours on the first day with nothing to show.

No, there are far too many negatives for a lynching today.

8. Fiat

What I just read was the most over-the-top suspicious post ever. You could have written "I'm a death eater" in bold and it would have made me less likely to vote for you.

9. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Ratstsrub, congrats, you just rose to the top of my Lynch List. You really seem like you're trying too hard.

10. CrackedMind

Rat (and I mean no insult) but lynching must happen before the day is done.
    2, even three lives depend on us lynching. To go slow, to go with precaution? Admirable, and should be followed. And so to follow my own wisdom I will TEMP. recant my vote until more evidence is found.
    Rescind Vote

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  11. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

I have no fear of death. Why, to an organised mind, it is simply another adventure.

If the Auror identifies himself, the Healer can save him/her. You don't have such abysmal luck that the Sorcerer(ess) would be able to role-block on the first turn.

The last time an Auror stayed "hidden" and inactive, we had Lion. Oh joy.

I say we need to lynch, and lynch now. As I've said, lynching innocents is inevitable in the early games. However, we cannot proceed anywhere if we don't lynch. Every night, at least two of our numbers will thin because of the Serial Killer and Death Eaters. If we don't start moving now, we will be too late.

12. Fiat

Rescind vote
    Vote Player: ratstsrub
    That was honestly more than suspicious enough to warrant like twenty lynchings. Everyone who's voted for HoS, I think that you should consider amending your votes. Also: Cracked, you neither voted or rescinded it so far. It needs to be bolded, and you can't just say 'recant." You fucked up the format too, jwlk.

13. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I think we have established that not lynching is a bad idea. Even the game host said it in the last thread.

VOTE RATSTSRUB

14. ratstsrub

ratstsrub Guest

Say what you want. Justifications for lynching, from my studies on the last village, have ranged from the capricious to the arbitrary, with no rhyme nor reasons, resulting in no Death Eaters brought to justice but Wizards and Witches alone.

I hear no differences now.

If I were lynched, I'll die with full contempt for persons like you.

15. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Vote Player: ratsrub

I'll rescind vote later if I have to. Either way, I hope to Merlin you're not someone important like an Auror who just happened to make the most stupid post ever.

16. Krogan

High Score:
    Change in plans.

Rescind Vote

Vote Player: ratstsrub

That was the most suspicious post I've seen in one of these games to date, sorry but you've got to go.

17. Fiat

This either sounds like you're trying too hard or just stupid.

As DLP has taught us over and over again, it is likely stupid, but trying too hard is still a definite possibility. Congratulations: you're probably going to die.

18. CrackedMind

If he was, he can technically say he is and be protected by a healer and watched by a hit-wizard(?)
    Vote Player: Ratstsrub

God help us if he's an innocent.

19. ratstsrub

ratstsrub Guest

I have explained myself.

To not lynch tonight is the best course of action. If we do not lynch, two innocent will die tonight. If we do, then three.

And that three will not gain this village anything of note at all.

It is obvious which the Death Eaters would rather happen.

20. Krogan

High Score:
    Alright my personal suspect list so far

1. ratstsrub- Trying way too hard there, your either not the sharpest tool in the shed or your a Death Eater.
    2. Zeitgeist- I think you've accused literally every person except me so far and I'm sure its coming. It reeks of a poor attempt at deflecting attention.
    3. Taure- Your smart enough to hide in plain sight, if there's anyone I suspect as the Dark Lord its you.