1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Death, In Glory by Apocolypso-33 - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Garret P.I., Jan 12, 2008.

1. Dungbomb

Dungbomb First Year

"Leandros pressed something on the circular object, and a lid popped open, revealing a sheet of glass over a circular display of some sort. Two small lines were drawn on the surface under the glass, but one seemed to move from time to time, turning itself around the circular surface. The other, while not visibly in motion, seemed to turn around the surface very slowly, slower than would allow Leandros to actually see it move. Leandros then shifted his attention to the small purplish jewel set in the middle of the contraption, staring at it placidly as it pulsed in an almost violent manner, an odd inner light flaring then dying within the jewel. It had started doing so after the incident with the Persian messenger, leaving him perplexed. He had already gathered that the contraption was some sort of device used to tell time, but whenever he attempted to compare it to a sundial, the time displayed by the object was never correct."

This suggests that time is moving differently and that when we see Harry back in his original time he will be younger than he is, how much we can only guess at.

2. Cheyne

Cheyne First Year

Or that a 12 hour clock doesn't match a 24 hour sundial.

3. Garret P.I.

Garret P.I. Backtraced

Missed the pulsing gem mention previously.

Hmmm. I'm thinking that the pulsing gem is something of a homing beacon. It's only a matter of time now before the rescue team arrives to bring him home, or the watch sucks him back on its own.

4. Augurey

Augurey Backtraced

I hope that it's a rescue party. The "where the hell did you come from!?" moment is overused in time-travel fics.

5. belladonna16

belladonna16 Second Year

Kentucky, but my heart is still north of here...
    I really like this so far. I just read the first three chapters - very enjoyable and very well written.

I hope to see more soon!

6. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

Augurey: I dunno. Most would think Harry got vaporised in the magical backlash.

And as to the time thing...need I point out Harry went from England/ Scotland to the Greecian times and the Hellanic area?

No doubt that plays an important point.

Actually, an idea would be is that Dumbledore attempts to pull Harry from the past, a second before he get's vaporised and our Leandros/ Harry get's ripped from Thermopayle and shunted right to where the ritual is taking place.

Would be interesting.

7. Boo

Boo Auror

I think it will be when the persians send their magic users in to battle.

Same type of spell would send him back

8. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Hmmm......the AK probably wasn't invented then, at least in canon. Somewhere or other, I seem to remember someone (Dumbledore, I think) mentioning that the AK was a relatively new spell, like 300 or so years old.

9. Methene

Methene Auror

I am 99% sure that the origin and age of the Killing Curse have not been discussed in canon. I sometimes fall into the same pit, however, having read so many stories that my mind is blurred as to what is and what is not Harry Potter.

Is anyone in contact with the author, do we know if there is another update. Soon, hopefully.:)

10. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Apocalypso is on hiatus. Sucks because I wanna see more of both the Chimera and the Incubus storylines........

11. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I'd rather he complete both fics than allowing someone else pick them up. His writing style is unique, and I've yet to come across a similar one.

12. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I'll give him a call. I'm in constant contact with Yarrgh.

13. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

That it is. And I agree, completely. No one else should pick either of those two up, as they would just screw it up. To me, this particular fic is just a distraction from the ones that truly engross the reader. Both Chimera and Incubus show a truly different and phenomenal point of view. 300/Hp has been done, a Salazar trained and truly Sex Demon!Harry haven't to any real satisfaction.

The view of Bellatrix in Incubus is the only one that actually stays within character, the rest are pale imitations that just.....whine too much about Imperiouses and marriage contracts. He leaves Bella as what she is, a psychotic killer with a penchant for sado-masochistic torture/relationships. She's a Dom until someone with enough power and influence comes along and shows her that she does her best work as a Sub that dominates all below her master, which just happens to include the entire Wizarding and Muggle world.

Chimera hosts an Independant!Harry that you actually pull for and uses a great deal of logic to swing everything to where you can actually *SEE* the blatant manipulations and also points out my own views and mis-givings about JKR's works. He points out the plot holes and then highlights how a truly great manipulator could swing it all to his advantage. And let's face it, Dumbledore was one of the best, even in canon.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  14. Boo

Boo Auror

Well that may be, but there could be spells that 'get rid' of people. Spells that affect Time and Space.
    You see people that say they are from the future. Maybe some weird old forgotten spell did it.

Xerxes would need to get rid of Leandros/Harry in order to have a chance at beating the Spartans.

Maybe the battle will go like 'Meet the Spartans'

15. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING SAY THAT!

That movie was horrible.

Blegh

*Ponders* Why not having Xerxes have Salazar Slytherin's ancestor under his command?

Would provide extra incentive for Leandros to slaughter Voldemort :D

16. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Herpo the Foul, maybe. He's canon (Chocolate Frog card), he's a parseltongue, first creator of a basilisk and horcrux, and he's Greek - it fits.

17. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

*blinks* I likes that idea........Me Rikey! ME RIKEY AROT!

18. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

And it would really set the stage for the ages old Gryffindor/ Slytherin antagonistic relationship.

Especially considering Leandros probably slept around and thus had a few heirs.

Harry would be his own great (to the power of x) grandfather.

Futurama anyone?

19. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

*snickers* 's one fucked up family tree.

20. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Now saying that, someone HAS to write a Futurama/Harry Potter.
    Must be done.