1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Deathly Hallows game trailer at E3

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Tehan, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    How drastically does the story change? Is it likely that online multiplayer will be introduced along with the story? Can you play as a Death Eater at any point in the game, or in online play?

If the answers were: Yes, drastically; Yes, definitely; and Hell yes, then I'm probably going to pick it up. It looks better than any other Harry Potter game I've ever seen.

2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It seems like there are only a couple of spells and all you do is using them like guns. It would have been awesome if you had creativity and room with the spells like in scribblenauts where you can do all kinds of stuff with your spells and not just spam three-four spells.

Would not buy it although, it looks pretty decent.

3. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The only good game was the first, in my opinion, and only because of the cheats. Jumping over Hogwarts FTW. But then, I've only played 1 and 2.

4. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Lol, the way the protego charm is used against the Horntail reminded me of Taure's thoughts on only needing several spells, rather than fifty different shields (he uses a Protego to block the Horntail's fire = practicing it alot to me :L)

5. The Paper Blade

The Paper Blade First Year

Not such a bad thing, in this case.

Anyway, this one looks better than the previous games, but I don't plan on buying it.

6. Blood Jacket

Blood Jacket First Year

In that place where you hid that thing that time.
    Dunno, machine gun crucio sounds like it would hurt more in some cases. It'd be like getting kicked in the balls, but all over your body, every fraction of a second.

Machine Gun Crucio= suck city for my nervous system. And vocal chords. And sanity, if I had to give it up.

7. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Reading over the gamespot article it seemed they turned all the spells into something that would translate into a normal third-person shooter. With the sniper scope spell, throwing of obstacles, and cover system it reminded me heavily of Mass Effect 2. Though, that could be because I'm playing it recently.

8. Krezter

Krezter Second Year

I'm still waiting for a proper HP game that does the Magic some justice, not just: "here are 10 spells, go go!" but rather a game with some detail and thought put into it. Dragon Age's spell combination thingy comes to mind. I'd love playing a Harry Potter game with some variety of Canon style magic. But yeah, I don't realistically believe they'll ever do something decent with the HP universe.

9. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Bumped for gameplay videos. Looks...ok, ish. Better than previous ones, but not amazing. Might pick up a second hand copy at some point.

10. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

It looks stupid. Sit there and get hit with magic bullets, while you rapid fire bullets back at them. There confundus sniper shot was interesting and I can see that getting some use, but what they were using really sucked. The graphics were good looking, though, Harry moved like he was made of stone. I'm really disappointed, but will hold any further damnation for more videos.

I really want this to come out good.

11. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What the fuck machine gun chain-casting? While it definitely looks to be the best HP game so far, and I can finally run around, casting spells and rape people, I bet it's gonna be cumbersome and awkward as hell.

Still, it does look interesting enough that I might rent it, or something.