1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Deathly Hallows Part One

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Antivash, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

My only thoughts are:

What say you?

2. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Well, the last two books were dark in tone, especially when ol' Voldemort took over the Ministry.

Being able to crucio Death Eaters? Seriously, it's like a dark fanfiction in video game format. I like, although being able to cast it that fast is a bit off with me. It's a shame that they disapparate at the end, though, but I expect someone will mod' the game so that they remain, die or twitch in pain constantly like they've been electrified soon enough.

Edit:

*Cheat code God Harry on* "CRUCIO! That's it Voldemort, kiss my boots, kiss them! CRUCIO! CRUCIO!"

3. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

This is a gigantic shipment of fail.

You might wish otherwise, try to rationalize that perhaps it won't be as bad as it sounds...

But you know it's true.

Harry Potter games = Fail.
    No Killing = Fail.
    Death Eaters vanish = Fail.
    SMG Crucio? = Fail.

4. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah. I don't like it either.

While I like the idea to choose the path - using 'dark' magic or not - it's still just random.

If they really intend to create a darker game they should make one for the audience that was 11 when the first book came out. To choose a darker path should mean to kill some Death Eaters, perhaps even a Goblin or two, and cause collateral damages 'for the greater good'.

This is just stupid.

5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I remember seeing a gameplay video. The torture curse seems to have little more effect than a stinging hex would. <_<

6. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Third time's the charm? Thread 1. Thread 2.

Anyway, there's no way they can make it more fun than using the Killing Curse in Lego Harry Potter and watching the previously immortal characters explode and not respawn until you turn the console off.

7. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Fairly lulzy, though personally I'm still more amused by the sex scene then I am SMG crucio. Then again, their both bad fanfiction.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  8. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

New trailer.

I like the moment when Harry is attacked by disguised DEs in a restaurant.

9. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, the game's been out for a few days now. Has anyone tried it yet?

I went and downloaded this, just played for five hours or so. I'm apparently halfway through the game.

Anyways, the game is as simple as it sounds. You right-click to lock-on, and spam left click until the foe dies. Repeat ad nauseum. Oh, and you can move around a little, if you want. It does help you dodge spells somewhat. You can also get in cover with the various obstacles available ingame. Not only is this ridiculous (random walls appearing in the middle of the MoM), but it REALLY remind me of Mass Effect - go cover, wait until foe has shot, lean out of cover and shoot. In this case, however, the game is so easy that you never need to take cover.

The game is played forward in 'missions', that you sometimes can pick which you do first. You have to do 'em all eventually anyways, so it doesn't matter much. You can't revisit any old alreas. There is no free roam, just the occasional larger mission area.

For gimmicks, there's the invisibility cloak, which you use for sneak missions. They're annoying. If anyone bumbs into you, everyone around you aggroes. The cloak also has a time limit, and you have to stand still to let the 'stay invisible' time recharge. That, or just re-cloak. You also have some potions that you can throw around. Not much to say about that.

You do learn new spells as you level up. They have different graphics, but otherwise are practically the same. It doesn't matter whether I shoot Stupefy, Impedimenta, Bombarda, Expelliarmus or whatever, they all just do damage. Leveling up also supposedly increases you damage, but... I haven't seen any noticeable difference.

So yeah. Repetitive, boring, bare-bones. The combat isn't utterly horrible, but the game really doesn't offer anything else.

10. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

I don't understand the rage. The game is for children.

Wat.

11. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

I know children suck, but even they don't deserve this.

12. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Can someone change the title from Hollows to Hallows? >.>

13. Antivash

But... Does it have the cruciautus?!

14. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Looks like it was made by a bunch of people who have never even read the books, and probably fell asleep through the movies as well.

Hurr Durr lets just have HP throw the unforgivable torture curse around like confetti, yet not have him kill anyone. Double standard much?

Do not want.

15. ufgator

ufgator Squib

This game has a 37/100 on metacritic. When 18/24 reviewers say this game is bad, I'm going to assume this game is bad and not waste my time to try it.

16. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

You can't actually use the torture curse, only the Death Eaters can.

The one thing I liked about the game was its version of the tale of the three brothers. Better than the one in the film, IMO.

17. Antivash

Really? They said you were gonna be able to use it in this one like an SMG. :< Did they scrap that, then? Balls. I was gonna pirate it and go all Rainbow Six on Calz or somedat...

18. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

That's pretty much what it looks like. Quite annoying when used on you.

19. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I'm still kind of confused as to why they made a VIDEO GAME into two parts...If I'm mistaken, please correct me, but is this just an attempt to garner more money for the HP machine? I ask this only because they could have easily fit the entire book/movie onto one disk from my understanding.

Am I wrong?

20. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yes, you're completely wrong. Of course they made it into two games, because of the people buying it.

What would have happened if they made one game covering both movies? If they would sell it now, they would would spoiler all the people getting it before the second movie is released. People would learn that

Snape is a good guy and dies, Voldemort still is a bad guy and dies, and Harry marries Ginny.

It would bust the whole second movie.