1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Decent Crossover

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by T3t, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

I will admit the first crossover fic I read was HP/Smallville - Ascension of Ra.

I'm not that keen on the whole Game of Thrones, I prefer reading the book version.

I'd like to see a fic done with Camelot in a crossover, or a decent X-Men First Class crossover fic.

2. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

What? Are you mad? Stantler is obviously the best chloice.

3. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I had and still have a solid idea for a HP/Saga of the Noble dead crossover. Just haven't written it yet.

4. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I've been wanting to see some of this. Someone must deliver.

After all, Tonks and Filch are already in Game of Thrones... :awesome

Fifteen year-old wife? For a crusty old squib, he's got some mojo.

Is it time again for me to recite my list of shame?

Clone Wars era crossover: 39,071 words so far

4,416 words. Not exactly a priority.

There are certainly more, but the biggest example of time I'll never get back is the Neon Genesis Evangelion crossover... 68,588 words. :nyan:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  5. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Warlocke, you fucker, what do I bribe you with for the Ghostbusters story? Even if it is 4k words.

6. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

A cargo ship full of whatever kind of Super Ritalin it would take to keep me on task. And a small miracle.

If I were to finish it right this second, it would be the first REAL (pun sort of intended) Ghostbusters/HP crossover on FFN. There's all of one, at the moment, but it's listed as complete at a paltry 592 words, and (not that this alone invalidates it as a story) it's not in English, either.

Yeah... I'd been keeping my eye out for HP/GB too.

7. Sero Dace

Sero Dace First Year

I am way more interested in that Clone Wars era crossover. Me wants!

On ropic: decent crossovers are incredibly hard to find. Some have promising starts, especially many of the HP/SW ones out there, but within half a chapter, all magic is forgotten about and we just deal with an awesomely cool OC with Harry's name. And that is annoying! Guess I odn't have to tell you people that.

My contribution:

A decent HP/SG crossover: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6457720/1/

A rather promising DF/HP crossover: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6989216/1/

8. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

I have an HP/ My little pony crossover if anyone is interested.

On the HP/ Dresden Files side. When He Finds Out is a much better current WIP than the one everyone is squeeing over.

I, too, would like to read some more HP/SW. I am on an SW kick and even started writing me own; but I have so many stories to finish already I am just putting quick ideas down to get it out of my system.

Game of Thrones really does not seem a good verse for HP cross. Of course, being the Master of Death he might be able to control those not really dead people, i.e. the zombies etc., but how much mileage can you get out of that really? Or have him be unimpressed by the dragons and their kinkstress loli 'mother.' Again, a moment I would enjoy but can't really stretch that into a story.

9. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Fuck Yeah! ... oh. I thought it was a Hellraiser/ My Little Pony crossover. That would have rocked. Princess Sparkles would have kicked Pinhead's ass.

And regarding the SW fic... oh, thank god. There is the possibility of an HP/SW that doesn't suck sometime in the future. It doesn't even have to be great, it just has to have less sucking power than the black hole of suckage like what's currently posted.

10. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

So that's why we are waiting so long for Retsu's Folly update. Still, good HP/SW crossover are hard to find, so I hope you will show us this fic. Which era is it?

As for Game of Thrones fic, I have an idea how to make it more interesting. Take Harry his wand and give him not so perfect one that he somehow created for himself. This way, he still kick ass with his magic, but he is also struggling to use it quickly in a battle.

11. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

:awesome

Just curious, what era is it set in?

12. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

Nuhuh. Star Wars crossover.

Oh God. I want to read that now.

13. Portus

Portus Heir

No No No Fucking No.

I don't give a fuck what these unwashed masses want. I want to see the rest of The Stalking Motherfucking Bloodsack, and the bloodbath Harry is sure to unleash there.

Goddammit Nuhuh, every time I see your sig - taunting me, giving me the finger - a little part of what some call "hope" flares, only to be crushed almost immediately when there's still No. Fucking. Update.

<.<
    >.>

although I *would* read that My Little Pony crossover.
    what? so sue me.

14. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

How can you ignore the temptation? Sure it would probably delay The Stalking Blood Sack, but it's a Harry Potter/ Star Wars crossover that will be written by Nuhuh!

Imagine the plot! Imagine the Harry Potter smacking around a few Jedi or Sith!

15. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

You know what is hilarious? Like Forry, my SW story is also inspired by aaltwal not updating his cross. Haha.

And Portus just for you I will put up a my little pony story.

Btw, aaltwal, I am calling it "Anthem of Violence"

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Haha, as ashamed as I am to admit it, I had an idea for a My Little Pony fic too. Seems that show is more popular than I thought.

17. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

At first glance, yeah, it's not the best 'verse to cross with, because Harry wtfpwn'ing everyone with his magic would probably happen, so... I had a few ideas to that:

One, in a "drop Harry into that world and roll with it" situation, adapt his magic to the world's - make it pricey and dangerous, and only really useable after the Red Comet. You could get rid of his wand, like Celestin suggested, and make him go wandless or whatever, but another idea that might work is Taure's in the Challenges section - limit his spell usage to, say, five spells - either five spells period or the same five spells over and over (And for lulz, one of them wouldn't be a fire spell, and that would fuck him come White Walker apocalypse).

Or two, you could do a fusion kinda thing, a lot like a plot bunny I read somewhere that married the Potter and Dresden worlds together (Voldemort being an apprentice of Kemmler's et cetera). The fusion could be just plopping Harry Potter characters into the world (Hey, the show makes for it, amirite Filch and Tonks/Walder Frey and Osha?) - make Dumbledore a maester and so on. There are ways to connect it to the actual HP world blah blah... Either way, I got the strangest mental image of Vernon Dursely, say a lord of a small holdfast in the Reach, blustering on about his changing allegiances in the War of the Five Kings ("That Renly's got the right idea." "No, Renly was a craven, I always knew it - went and got himself killed, didn't he? I'm declaring for Stannis." "You know what? I think King Joffrey is just the man for this realm.")

So it's possible, and though it probably doesn't sound that good, it might just be better than the only HP/ASoIaF crossover in existence, which is ten thousand words of punting 12 year old Harry into the world with the Sorting Hat and the Sword of Gryffindor, and going on to have horrendously bad dialogue with our favourite characters.

18. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  19. logiccosmic

logiccosmic DA Member

More Forry or a HP/SW cross?

:awesome:awesome:awesome:awesome:awesome:awesome

Abandoned HP/Game of Thrones fic that tossed Harry post-Blinky fight into the beginning of the first book with the Sorting Hat, the Sword of Gryffindor, and no wand.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5724423/1/

Oh, and for contribution's sake:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4438449/1/Path_of_Decision

Awesome fusion-style fic with the Sandman series.

20. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I always wanted a Game of Thrones/ Harry Potter crossover but it wouldn't be possible unless it was a weird fusion like MattSilver was saying.

I want a Harry Potter/Battlestar Galactica crossover.

Being the Master of Death, Harry Potter has gained the ability to sense death in a way (such as massacres). One day, Harry senses more death than ever before and somehow manages to transport himself to Caprica, on the day of the cyron attack.

I just want to see Harry Potter kicking some intelligent robot ass.. With them not being alive; AK, stunning spells, ect would not work on most the robots, except the 12 human types.

Biggest problem... Battlestar Galactica takes place like 20,000 years before Earth.

edit: Path of Decision is awesome.