1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Decent Crossover

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by T3t, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Good ones, or shit general ff.net quality? ;)

2. refury200

refury200 First Year

a dark crappy hole that is unfortantly my apartmen
    i know the feeling. it's never a good idea to right a fanfiction of pokemon/hp, i can personally attest to that:(

3. Portus

Portus Heir

It being a crossover isn't the first or even the second reason you shouldn't "right" it.

4. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

5th book. In 4th she entered Tor Zirael and begun her journey.

Harry kicking ass of the Lodge of Sorceresses? On the magic front his only advantage are the Unforgivable Curses. And Time Turners. On the social/political front the Lodge would rape him. And then maybe use him for their experiments in acquiring the Lara gene.

5. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Franki, he's Harry F*cking Potter. That should explain everything to you. ;)

6. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

And you want him colliding with a group of powerful sorceresses led by a woman that offered Geralt a sample of ilusion caviar and to imitate a feeling of an orgasm using a spell. This can only end in :awesomenes.

7. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I said it's an epic material for a crossover, didn't I?

Other series I'd like to see crossover with - Hellblazer. Harry and John as partners dealing with stuff crossing between their separated for some reason magical worlds, but still existing in the same universe. Or better yet, have Constantine and Dumbledore at first and then Harry as Albus' successor.

8. Rym

Rym Auror

Not to ruin anything but... you're probably going to see this in, oh let's say, seven days or so.

9. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Well, https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=9881 is not exactly a crossover, but it's got that crazy Cthulhu monster stuff going on. Great story regardless, but most of DLP is probably already aware of it.

10. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

A HP/League of Extraordinary Gentlemen crossover. Starting with Harry being recruited by the League to stop what ever the moon child is or a different original plot line with all the appearances and cameos that LoEG normally has from classic and Modern literature. A few cool books to include.
    -Percy Jackson
    -Dresden

11. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I've definitely considered that one.

Strangest mix I've written on... hoo boy.

Hard to choose between HP/Sam & Max (Freelance Police), and HP/mrfflhrrm.

Um... HP/Strike Witches.

Oh, fine... HP/Strike Witches. :facepalm

Yeah, you read that right. Yes, both of them.

---------------------
    "I'm Sam. This furry buzzsaw is Max. Together we fight crime."

"And we're certified organic!" The... rabbit, chimed in. "We're the Freelance Police; what the hell are you?"

"Er, well, I'm a wizard. I guess you could call me a freelance hero... or savior... or something."

Harry could almost convince himself that Sam was a dog animagus who had gotten stuck halfway through a transformation; after all, Madam Hooch had to have those hawk eyes for some reason and, if it could happen to her, maybe there were others: Poor half-dog bastards, searching for love and acceptance, only to be met with wary looks from the postal workers; accusations of scooting from the carpet salesmen; and come-ons from lonely, middle-aged women, bearing inappropriately served peanut butter.

Sure, it could happen to anyone.

Anyone, dammit!

Still, the only feasible explanation he could come up with for Max involved deranged American wizards trying to crossbreed a rabbit with an enchanted bear trap.

And, just like that, any chance of Harry ever believing in a just and loving god, a semi-merciful being (possibly bearded) with a plan for us all, vanished, like a fistful of wrinkled singles down an over-stressed g-string.

Life could be bittersweet that way.

"Pureblood, Halfblood; it's all the same in the middle of a chalk outline; right, Sam?"

"You're a morbid little guttersnipe, Max. I like the way you think."

The Desoto Adventurer was living up to its name.

Still gripping the seat from where the vintage car had rampaged, hither and yon, across the grounds of Hogwarts and the Forbidden Forest, Harry was certain his fingerprints were permanently embedded in the upholstery. For a moment, he thought they had actually driven through part of the lake, but that had to have been his imagination, since his seat was still dry.

Actually, after that hair-raising ride, it was a miracle Harry wasn't sitting in a puddle of his own making, lake or no lake.

Had that last tree jumped out of their way on its own?

Reassuring himself that he was, in fact, still alive and not in some sort of Purgatory, Harry turned to Sam.

"Sorry, I should have warned you about that. I guess all cars must go haywire near the school for some reason; apparently they just take on a life of their own."

The canine detective arched an eyebrow and adjusted his fedora. "Thanks for the warning, kid. If it happens to the Desoto, I'll try to be ready for it."

"I thought it- You mean that was you doing the driving? The whole time!" Harry exclaimed.

Max had been gnawing on a rain stick (for some godforsaken reason- not that Harry cared, as long as it kept his limbs out of the rabbit's mouth), his long ears bobbing to and fro, when the car had hit an especially violent bump, and he had accidentally bitten his improvised chew toy in half with his shark-like choppers.

"We try not to call it 'driving.'" he said, from his perch in the back seat, still spitting out beads.

Turning to look over his shoulder, in a way that most children knew preceded the phrase, 'don't make me stop this car,' Max growled, "One more word and you'll be riding in that thing we 'try not to call' a holding cell."

"No way!" the rabbity creature gulped, carelessly sending a mouthful of beads into his gullet, "Those people in the trunk haven't been fed in days, and I've been told I'm a delicacy."

"Just what the hell was that bump we hit, Harry? It nearly sent me into a tree. When was the last time they paved this forest?"

"That was Bane. I'm pretty sure you killed him."

"Pain: I thought I recognized that look on his face; it was hard to tell through all the ugly, though. At least I ended his suffering... or ours, at any rate."

"Bane. B-A-N-E. He was a centaur."

"Oh? That's a relief; I thought it might have been a temporally-displaced Pony Express rider."

"In Scotland?"

"Messing with the mail is a federal offense, no matter how far it's strayed from its route."

"Wait... that wasn't a horse and rider?" said Max, hanging out the window and brandishing a rubber stamp, which was dripping with red paint. "Is a centaur still worth two?"

It just had to be paint.
    :awesome

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  12. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's not Harry Potter, but I think a nBSG/Matrix crossover would be pretty awesome. They arrive at Earth to find it a machine world, and take it upon themselves to try help liberate humanity.

The levels of technology are similar (though we don't really know the true level of the machine's technology in The Matrix) but so far as we know the machines from The matrix aren't space faring, so the humans have an advantage there. They also both have an AI theme going on. And the Cylons add something else to the mix too.

And none of the Matrix 2 and 3 bullshit. I take it that one of the reasons why Matrix 2 and 3 were so bad was that the creators realised that even if Neo is the god of the Matrix, there's no way he could overthrow the machines in the real world. So after The Matrix 1 the plot is in a bit of an awkward situation (that's not to say that I don't think there could have been good ways to resolve the plot). Introducing an outside power that's a genuine threat to the machines, but isn't anywhere near all-powerful, could help provide a good resolution to that plot.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  13. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

What, no rave in the cave?

No Jada Pinkett-Smith whipping the agents back and forth?

No Creevey-like fanboy stalking Neo?

Actually, that sounds okay. But it will be a hard sell without Captain Mifune and his APU mech. :nyan:

14. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

If I had had more time, I would have submitted either the HP/Pokemon or HP/Sucker-Punch fem!Harry ficsI was working on for the contest, but I guess I'll wait until later to submit those two.

As for crossovers I'd like to see... well, other than HP/MtG (first arc, none of the new shit), I've always tinkered with a couple crazy ideas on the side, like a HP/Chess-musical fusion that stars Harry as a secret agent fighting soviet!Voldemort (not as difficult to rationalize as you might think)...

15. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I wrote a HP/Captain Kangaroo drabble for Crys's 1001 Deaths of Voldemort series. It's one of the weirder crosses I've seen.

Some of the other odd crossovers I've done include the start of a Harry Potter/Starship Troopers (book) story as well as a novel-length Harry Potter/Eternal Champion (Elric series) NaNo entry that still needs to be edited. For this last DLP contest, I muddled through a Harry Potter/Highlander (first movie) cross, set during the events of GoF.

16. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Silens: I want that cross. I offered to bribe Warlocke, I can offer to bribe you too. Or we can do this the hard way ;)

17. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

I mentioned four crossovers, dude, be specific.

18. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, yes, the pokemon one. Duh.

19. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

I'd like to read a decent Harry Potter/Nightside crossover. I've wanted to see it ever since I first stumbled upon the Nightside in "Mean Streets".