1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Defective Pikachu Movie

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by DarthBill, Nov 13, 2018.

1. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I did like that it was explicitly in a world that the first movie happened in. The Mewtwo in Detective Pikachu is the same one that tried to end the world in Kanto in Pokemon: The First Movie.

When the movie first said that Mewtwo was first discovered twenty years ago in Kanto, I thought to myself, "Huh. So this is set in the future." Then I remembered: 1999 + 20 = 2019.

BTW, I always liked how the first movie was called that. They knew right away they were making more of these and never pretended otherwise.

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I really enjoyed it, and I say that as someone with no investment in Pokemon whatsoever - never played the games, collected the cards, or watched the anime or films; the trailer just looked good.

That said, I'm struggling to remember much in the way of detail about it. Couldn't really give you any specific lines or moments that stuck with me, I just know I laughed quite a bit, there were a few genuinely cool scenes, and overall, I enjoyed it.

3. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I just saw the thread title and I'm lolling hard.

4. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Actually loved it when I viewed it in the cinema. Would've preferred one done in one of the game regions although, as has been said, the expectations might've impacted the experience. Hoping for more personally.