1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Demon’s Feign, Merlin’s Pain by Nuhuh - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Nuhuh, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, so far so good! I like the changes, and I'm looking forward to the next scene!

-J

2. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

I'm probably one of the few reading this that hasn't seen Dredson Files, I haven't had the time to do so.

So far I am enjoying this quite a bit. I don't understand everything form the Dredson side of it but I have enough to follow the story.
    Very interesting, though I'm assuming Harry is more powerful to balance the two universes. I give this a 4/5

3. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Well, chapter five is certainly interesting. I liked the fight with Blackstaff and I especially like the little dragonets. Harry's character seems to be a lot more unstable than it was before, which always makes for an intersting read, and there were no grammar and spelling problems that I picked up, although I wasn't looking very hard.

..... God, I suck at reviews. Anyway, nice work and a good addition to the story. The problem at FF.Net seems to be fixed now, although email alerts are still a bit wonky, so should I expect this to be uploaded soon?

4. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

Excellent! Very nice with the crazy harry charachterization. I especialy like the whole seeing imaginary people thing. What a funny name, Nymphie Staffcharmer. LOL

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Foolish Nuhuh, it lacks Ninjas.

6. TripticWriter

TripticWriter Groundskeeper

Really, really nice. The magic dragonnets was really sweet but contrary to most I don't really like crazy Harry. Well I like the Nymphie Staffcharmer/power of love business... ^^ So just keep on and don't mind what i said!

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Good chapter, I enjoyed the battle with the Blackstaff. Dresden's gonna love him after this :p. Though why he saw Lily in there is anyone's guess, cause Karen has dark hair (I assume you're going off the TV series here, cause in the books she's blonde).

Only a few minor grammar mistakes I spotted, and I don't have any major complaints. It didn't seem to flow well in places though... Kinda jerky, if you know what I mean.

Aekiel

8. emt10

emt10 First Year

Just one thing. It is 'Karrin', not 'Karen'. This is just me nitpicking, though. Other than that, it is a very good chapter.

9. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fairly fantastic, nummhuh. I can't think of anything bad to say.

CURSES.

Keep up the good work.

-J

10. OdinMage

OdinMage Fourth Year

I really like where this is going, that said, I have to say I don't like harry being quite this nuts.... he's been through enough to be loopy, sure, the seeing people thing doesn't bother me, but..... completely crazy = not harry.... and I still want him to be harry... well, not CANON wimpboy harry, but harry how he should be....

you know what I mean....

that said, surarrin is right..... there's no ninja's

11. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

The drastic change in Harry in this chapter was...unexpected. But i like the chapters so far so keep it up.

12. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

Well it was quite good. I really don't have much to say other than that. Oh yeah your semi crazy Harry was golden. Great job man.

13. DoWnEr

DoWnEr Second Year

Gotta agree with everyone else. Those dragonets were kick ass and you seem to be scarily accurate on how a crazy wizard should be acting.

14. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

S'all Gravey Baby. ^_^

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  15. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I like it. :D

16. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

that was great... the ending was funny as hell.

"He sleeps around with goblins and I wish I was ravaging women!”

That line made me laugh out loud.

I'm intrigued by how complicated the story is getting. Harry(potter) saved Murphy but banged up mccoy...

Ancient Mai apparently has to behave while the higher ups are around... does that pass on to morgan as well?

From the way you described McCoy, I figure he's a very well respected guy amongst the council... I don't know if morgan and him actualy had a face to face in the series but, I'd be interested to see what his reaction to Dresden and McCoy's relationship will be... will he re-evaluate dresden based on the support he gets from the guy (not that that should mean didly to dresden... I can't see him being to friendly with the bastard after all he's put him through), or will he claim that Mai know's the truth about him and even though he has friends in high places, he is still a murder waiting to be served justice...

Anyway, update soon

also for some reason I'm starting to imagine the gatekeeper as an alternate version of Dumbledore... That would be something to see.

17. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

In a what?

Good chapter, by the way.

18. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Nice chapter...certainly made my day when I got home. I like Guzman's reaction to Dresden's belief that Morgan can teleport. I especially like Potter and Dresden's attempts to sway Murphy onto their side, and the "He tortures puppies..." lol worth indeed

19. DoWnEr

DoWnEr Second Year

After a long boring day of finishing all the homework i put off till Sunday this just made my day.

Love the last scene with Harry, Harry and Murphy. Hope to see more insane Potter moments. Maybe he can ravage a woman like he wishes.

20. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thank you! Waited all day yesterday for this and now its here! :D

Good chapter, though it seemed a bit rushed. One small complaint is when Harry turns on the Sight you don't go into anywhere near the detail the books normally do. The Black Cats did seem a bit strange, like they just came out of nowhere.

Aekiel