1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Demon’s Feign, Merlin’s Pain by Nuhuh - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Nuhuh, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

ahh... how win is that. Charity and Lasciel all in one scene. The only thing that could be hotter would be Charity having Lasciel's coin.

Fantastic job. Nurse!Lasciel is epic. The Murphy portions were well done as well.

I still ship Dresden/Charity and Lasciel/Dresden though. 5/5.

2. LegalAlien

LegalAlien Denarii Host

I have to agree, this was a really epic chapter. Featuring both Lasciel and Charity was a stroke of genius. :)

3. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

I can't stress how much i want the next chapter. You may not update chapters as fast as Sheeza but you got quality.

4. japanese_jew

japanese_jew High Inquisitor

Really great story. Sort of reminds me of Only Enemies, except Harry is more insane, less dark, and actually has proper enemies this time, rather than the nerfed ones. In retrospect, a good dose of the Dresden Files is all any of the sort of cliched and bad "Harry is a fallen angel + wings lulz" stories needed to become at least passable, and this is a far cut above any of those. Very fun characterization of Harry.

5. Assassinator_of_Dumbledor

Assassinator_of_Dumbledor Raptured to Hell

while i have not read about where this crossover is taking place I did enjoy it greatly

6. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Aw, you bastard!
    Here's something taken out of context:
    Well, I really like what you've done so far. The mix of tenses continues to be confusing, but the Harry/Charity interaction is pretty good. Although I'm a bit confused by the timeline - I thought this was before Harry and Charity had met? Or is it just because of the general hatred of magic thing she has? Does she know that Harry is a wizard also? If so, why doesn't she care? Well, anyway, off to sleep. I can't wait for the rest.

-J

7. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Jeram~

Haha! I was not trying to tease anyone with that line. That was meant to be Charity getting a sense of Potter's magic when he swears an oath.

You have the right of it in the time line. This is before Charity had met Dresden, but what I suggested in between lines is that she knows of Dresden now because she and her husband talked to him when Potter went to the hospital. So there has been some interaction 'off-screen' but her disapproval is coming from Dresden being a wizard. They have not yet met in person.

She does not know of Potter being a wizard or at the minimum a magical capable human. She has the information that her husband gave her that Potter is a Phoenix Graced Occisor Dracoginea, someone who is like the Knights of the Sword, so she will treat him better because of that association.

Secondly now that you have read the books you know how Charity and her husband Michael met. Given that she will be quite pleased to meet a dragon slayer.

I went through and fixed the changing tense mistakes. I had meant to show another example of Potter feeling like he has already lived this and at the same time he is living it for the first time, but I don't think it was too clear in this sequence. So I just scrapped that sub-plot from here. It will show up later.

8. HomicidalPsychoJungleCat

HomicidalPsychoJungleCat Fifth Year

Ah, good to see that finally another part of this story is up!

Good Harry/Charity interaction I think. The hospital scene was nice, but Charity believing Harry about the baby devouring doctors seemed a little far fetched.

9. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Hmm, so, Harry Potter has started to put together what is meant by "Outsider". I wonder when he's going to use that to start really messing with peoples heads?:p

"Well, you see in my universe, the nearest galaxy is made out of chocolate. There's this man named Willy, and he makes his money off of tourism to there. He's been cited though on human rights violations due to his explotations of a local tribe called the Umpa Lumpas."

10. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

He is the Occisor Dracoginea! his word is above contestation......fine, I'll add something to make it less far fetched, maybe:p Just focus on how much of milf she is and forget the rest.

Robo~ Yeah he is beginning to catch a clue, but there is much confusion still. He will get help soon in sorting it all out. But, yes, you have guessed accurately, Harry will soon enter his Demon's Feign phase:p

More to come soon. Just got dumped on in rl.

11. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

keep it up man. your aswome.

12. Kyle_Dodge1

Kyle_Dodge1 DA Member

Great. Keep it up.

13. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

{Snicker}

Almost enough to make me read (and/or watch) 'The Dresdan files'

Intersting story, I can't help but wonder what exactly is going to happen though. I've managed to gather that harry's magic is somehow outside what the rest of them are capible of. yet they seem to have a few trick he'd have a hard time countering too...

It's certainly got my attention, keep up the good work.

14. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

"Maybe you" needs to be changed to "maybe I."

Otherwise, fucking sweet so far.

After I read this, I kept getting the mental image of Mr. Potter dragging Mr. Dresdan with him to an all woman bikini-mudwrestling match, and then asking Mr. Dresdan for a dollar or two so he can properly show his appreciation of the hard work of those two bikini clad women.:p

15. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

you know i tried reading the books but i couldn't get it have way through the first book. Not until the show came, which sadly god shutdown. So i have no clue what Demon's feign, so what is it? Pretty curious about that

16. Glernaj

Glernaj Stab Executive DLP Supporter

Dear lord man. Let's start with some grammar. First, a little bit of standard Capitalization. Second, a little bit of spelling: "god" != "got", "have" != "half". Little bit more capitalization. Then we have an incomplete, run-on sentence! How fun is that? And then of course, there's the lack of punctuation.

Now to actually answer your question. Demon's Feign is a part of the title of the story, and is in no way related to any previous occurences in the Dresden universe.

Edit - I thought I'd throw out there that != is the Java code for the boolean operator 'Is not equal to'.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  17. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hey, not bad you crazy bastard! It's good, but do a quick read over before you submit it as a final offering - I know I caught at least one "Karen" in there instead of her actual name.

Interesting, though. So Harry finally gets it - he's not home anymore. And what's the deal the "pranks"? So the ghosts can manifest physically? Or is it just Harry's delusions...? Questions, questions.

-J

18. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

LMAO!

Excellent teaser Nuhuh. I haven't laughed so hard in a week.

5/5

19. Kyle_Dodge1

Kyle_Dodge1 DA Member

Yes. Very good.

20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

So anyway. I fucking hate that I post 6k+ and get one response and you post a small bit and get more then a few. :p Still as I said before Underage strippers, lulz.