1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Demon’s Feign, Merlin’s Pain by Nuhuh - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Nuhuh, Apr 1, 2007.

1. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Hot dog.

I was just thinking, "You know what I want? Another chapter of Demon's Feign. Way to be psychic, nuhuh."

2. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

...Harry's visions actually worry me from a psychologists standpoint.

Beyond that, great work as usually. Harry begins to understand what Outsider means, but I don't think he realizes the full implications of it yet.

Yet being the key word.:p

3. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

Interesting teaser. Looks good.

Only thing that didn't really ring true to me was Murphy pointing her gun at Harry. Murphy is a cop and trained in hand gun use. She's always been extremely careful with her firearm and I can't imagine her aiming it at Harry simply because he's leering.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Best story you have going. Focus on it! :)

I look forward to seeing the rest.

5. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

An exceptionally remarkable plot you have going here Nuhuh, I have only one problem. I Need MOAR!!!

A'ight, onto the review -

Grammar/Spelling: Pretty good, needs a little work, but not bad at all. It is easy to read, and easy to understand, so well done.

Plot: Flows pretty smoothly. There are a few parts that are a little bit slow, but apart from that, very nicely done.

Spells/Magic: You have made some interesting spells/concepts of magic so far. Very well done, and I look forward to see what you can come up with.

Characterization: This is by far what you have done best in this fic. You have kept the characters in 'chracter' and you have done it well. You can still see Harry Potter, in your Hary, and though he might be a bit 'loopy' he is still there.

You have kept the Dresden world pretty close to what it actually is in the books. I salute you mate, on a job well done.

A few things need to be cleared up, but I am sure you will handle this in time. For instance: Harry's capability of using Voldemort's skills, and being able to see everyone. What is going on? Is he able to use more then just Voldemort's skills too; or those whos spirit he can see? Need some reasoning here, I feel. (Just a thought, is Voldemort ever going to show up? T'would be greatly entertaining; giving Harry sex advice...)

I also had a thought, and perhaps you meant it to be this way, or whatever. But if Murphy's mind was altered, it means that one of the Council, or one of their dogs was there to do it. Why wasn't she just terminated then and there? How did she escape, was GateKeeper responsible? <------ Need to clarify.

Other things are confusing, but I'm sure you will clear it up as time passes. All in all, a very great story, you have done a remarkable job so far, easily a 5/5 for now. (As long as things get explained later on.)

-Void

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

7. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

ah that was because Morgan started out with a physical attack, striking at him with a sword, so Harry assumed Morgan was a muggle. Of course after that Morgan goes ahead and throws magic at him, but Harry is off kilter so he goes on with the Muggle theme.

8. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

9. Nuhuh

I have updated the story.

Chapter 11 Enter the Fallen:

PatronusCharm.net

FanFiction.net

Read, Enjoy, Review.

Many thanks to Jon, Vash, Shezza, Tinn, Anna and Syaoran, for brainstorming, content proofing and editing.

Actually Tinn is still editing so all mistakes are mine, I will upload corrected version as soon as she is free from her studies to finishing beta'ing.

10. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I attempted to read this previously, and gave up after the first paragraph. I didn't, and still don't, know jack shit about the Dresden Files, but after reading Denarian Knight, I know more than I did. I'll give it a shot, and edit my post later.

Oh, and I like the sig nuhuh... if she was real, I'd totally bang her.

EDIT: Good shit, nuhuh, good shit. I still don't know jack about the Dresden Files, but I know a good story when I read one. 4.5/5

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  11. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Another great chapter.

It's lost some of the *quaintness* of the earlier chapters, though. Can't wait for 'Drip drop motherfucker' to appear again.

12. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

Another excellent chapter, not much more to say other than that.

Looking forward to the dinner with the Knight and to see if Harry accepts the Fallen given to him.

13. Nuhuh

Oh! Topless riverdancing Romilda Vane wasn't *quaint* enough for you? ;)

Testament~ Thanks. Part of the dinner scene is written, and yes much more of the fallen in the next chapter as well.

14. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I like it, even if at times I feel just as confused as Harry. (Not so much anymore). Looking forward to seeing more interaction with the fallen, and the dinner. I wanna see Harry go batshit on someone... maybe set them on fire and conjure snakes to chew on their widdly-biddly's... :)

15. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

WbA comes after FF.Net.

... I is disappointed. I even reviewed there.

Love the Denarians... actually, love Deirdre. Pure win. :p

Also Dresden is very Dresden-ish, which I like. Dresden/Murph interaction is another good side of this fic.

Love this, but I've said that already. Seems a long time since the fic was last updated.

16. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

I liked it. Another great chapter. Whenever I read Potter's parts in the story, I can almost feel how insane he is. It's ridiculous how well you have written this story. I've never read the Dresden books, so I can't comment on the characterizations, but I loved the Fallen and Dresden's character.

17. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Delicious as usual nuhuh.

18. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Sentence repeated. Actually, two slightly different versions of the same.

I think I was so caught up in Karrin's yoga that I missed what Harry meant by his reply the first two times I read this. The next great adventure. :)

dessert

Is high school supposed to be capitalised?

I wasn't expecting to see the extra Carpenter visit added on to this chapter. It was a pleasant surprise. Your characters are really coming to life. Did you intentionally drop Murphy seeing her apartment disappear under the Fidelius?

Thanks,
    Yak.

19. uriel

uriel Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Was there a reference to the Fidelius charm in the original, that was removed in this revision? Or am I imagining things :p

20. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

An anomaly in your memory has been detected. An obliviation squad is on its way to meet with you now. Please remain where you are for your mental sanitation.