1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dexter on Showtime

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by justbrowsing, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

I think the writers dropped the ball with the sequencing. While during episode 8 it certainly suggests that Liddy is snapping pictures of them dumping the bags, it would appear that's not the case.

Agree with others on this season, hugely varying quality from week to week, though the past two have been fantastic. I've no idea how this season is going to resolve itself, but I look forward to it nonetheless.

2. Potterondrugs

Potterondrugs Seventh Year

I think he realizes that if he doesn't he can't have Deb... so yes though I dont think Liddy will let him go. I really hope Quinn dies I HATE his character so much.

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The folks making Dexter are fucking with us. In the ep 10 preview (during the credits of ep 9) it looked like Liddy caught Lumen murdering a victim on tape. That isn't so. It looked like that because the preview is squashed up into one corner of the screen while they run the credits and we're only seeing a second of Liddy's blurry security cam footage. The reality of the situation isn't much of a spoiler:
    Lumen's just practicing a knife plunge over a coffee table in Dexter's old apartment.
    It doesn't look good, but that particular knife thrust is a long way from incriminating.

Liddy must've caught a whole lot of incriminating conversations between Lumen and Dexter in the bugged apartment. Someone still has to off that guy.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  4. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Fantastic episode.
    Oh I just stabbed a guy, I am so horny right now...

5. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Looks like Lumen is here to stay. Though it would be great if Dexter pins it all on her, leading to a revenge plot next season. Here's to Quinn heading for the North Atlantic current...

6. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

My predictions are that the murders will be pinned on the first victim. (Emily?, the fact that the previews for the next episode suggests Chase kills her makes it more likely that he won't this episode.) Quinn is going to find out about Dexter but will back him up against Liddy. Lumen stays.

Not sure about Liddy. Chase mistakes him as someone helping Dexter and kills him?

7. yak

8. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

I can't see Lumen sticking around past this season. I'd say she ends up taking the fall for the murders.

9. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I hope not. She's the first seriously likable side character introduced so far.

Lumen > Rita

10. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Realistically, I can see Lumen taking the fall for everything, but I can't see Dexter going along with it willingly. He said it himself: He doesn't feel like a monster with her. That's more than can be said about Lila or Rita. I like Rita, yeah, but there's something about Lumen...

Has anyone else noticed the steady progression of Debra's career? She's gone from run-of-the-mill officer to detective to motherfucking supercop. Final season is gonna be Debra Morgan aka The Pride of Miami vs Dexter Morgan aka The Horror of Miami.

Place yer bets, lads.

11. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Personally I hope that when (if?) Debra will discover Dexter's secret she will do the same as she did in the books.

12. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

As someone who hasn't read the books, I find this particularly intriguing.

Brb, getting reading material.

13. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Placing bets, for the rest of this season anyway:

Chase and Liddy'll get the trash bag treatment. The former will go down with a little Xanatos Gambit in which Lumen is fingered as the vigilante killer to Deb, and the latter will be killed by either Dex or Quinn after Lumen is taken into custody and Liddy goes to confront Dex because he at least knows he helped Lumen do her thing. If Quinn kills Liddy, I'll bet that he'll know Dex helped Lumen kill those guys, but will leave it be because of his relationship with Deb. Or something. Not sure where that'll go.

Not sure where Emily Birch plays into it, though. She could just end up a random casualty of Chase's when he realises time is up, could take the fall for the killings instead of Lumen, or simply just fade off in the background.

As for Deb finding out about Dex - next season, twenty bucks. Either she finds out off the bat and their whole story is about that throughout the season (Maybe a cliffhanger on this season. Last scene being Deb rocking up to Dex's place. "Something you wanna tell me?" Bam.), or she'll stumble upon it later in the season. The writers should have their fun in destroying that relationship for a while, and I know Michael and Jennifer would do great with it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  14. oephyx

oephyx Headmaster DLP Supporter

Good predictions.

I would love for Lumen to stay, but it seems unlikely. For one thing, Julia Stiles is a pretty high calibre actor to have on a show like this. Then again, if she's killed or taken into custody it would throw a lot of suspicion on Dexter.

Emily, Liddy and Chase are expected to die. I'm not fond of Quinn, but somehow I wouldn't be surprised if he helped Dexter out - we know he has flexible moral standards.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't care for the teasers? It gives you either false expectations or spoilers. Really.

15. smarties2

smarties2 Backtraced

I have watched all the episodes. My opinion is Dexter should be caught, tried and hanged for being a serial killer.

16. yak

LOL troll.

17. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

Like oephyx said, I doubt Julia Stiles would stick around for more than a season, seeing as how she's a pretty high profile actor. In addition, it would be a departure for the writers really--I can't recall a single character who wasn't in the first few episodes of the show staying on for more than a season. Besides Quinn, I guess. :p And Lundy. But he died, and I'm betting Quinn will too.

Which all sucks, because I really like Lumen and the way Dexter is around her. I was really afraid that Rita's death would end up sending him back to square one, but I think losing Lumen might effect him even more at this point.

18. Potterondrugs

Potterondrugs Seventh Year

I think they intended for LaGuerta and Batista to be kind of humerous with her sleeping on the couch and Batista like manhandeling her, but it wasn;t delivered very well. To be honest a lot of the character interaction on the show annoys me especially Quinn/Deb and Laguerta/anyone.

19. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

Anyway looks like its been picked up for 6th season. On the one hand i want more dexter but on the other hand i feel the quality of the episodes will probably not be up to scratch.

Sauce

20. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Eh, I had pegged Lumen as a necessary emotional crutch to Dexter that Rita could never be. Someone a little more permanent.

First we had Rita, who was 'innocent' and could never accept Dexter's other side. Then we had Lila, who was utterly not-innocent, and couldn't accept Dexter public life.

Now we have Lumen, who fits in nicely in both sides of Dexter's life and isn't crazy, can kill, and can accept all of Dexter.

Plus, you see some intentional foreshadowing in the scene where Lumen sees Harrison for the first time. Her hair is in front of her shoulders, sort of business like. Then the camera shows Dexter's POV, where Lumen's hair falls behind her back freely, she's lifting Harrison into the light, all smiling and motherlike.

[​IMG]

It just really struck me about how much she 'fits' into his life.

Then you have the 'Momma' scene, etc, and the fact that she takes care of Dexter's public persona (Harrison, the kids, etc) in ways nobody in Dexter's life has been able too, helping him balance killer with father.

They probably won't be super official anytime soon, especially given Debra's 'rebound' comment, but I can see her being around in Season 6 as his all but official girlfriend, and a major factor in protecting/spilling the truth about Dexter to everyone else, the plot line I think will dominate the show's (I believe) final season.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010