1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dexter on Showtime

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by justbrowsing, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Well, I just hope that whenever they will decide to end show they will let police catch Dexter. From the first season I imagined the last scene of the show with Dexter getting a lethal injection.

Then fifteen years later they can do a continuation with his son as a main character and his aunt Deb teaching him The Code of Harry.

2. Potterondrugs

Potterondrugs Seventh Year

Ehh Dexter has gotten less and less detached. Remember in the pilot when he said he didn't really have feelings about anyone? If they caught him back then he would just slit everyone throats and run. Now I'm not so sure. He would probable take responsibility and come in quietly, be all remorseful :(....

I want the show to end with Dexter going on a rampage and running away. Then a flashforward 50 years later where he's still butchering criminals.

3. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The fuck would you want that for?

I want to see him years from now still cleaning up filth like Jordan Chase from the world and maybe at the very end of the show, he finds someone like him and teaches him not the Code of Harry but the Code of Dexter so that there is always someone out there like him, a monster who makes the other monsters go away and with each new generation the code is update, refined and changed.

4. Potterondrugs

Potterondrugs Seventh Year

....... Dexter the benevolent mentor? thats just gay the ony way Dexter ends is bloody

5. Krogan

High Score:
    Who said anything about benevolent and who said anything about not ending bloody? I picture more of an almost Sith kind of thing the apprentice finishes off the master. The very last episode of the series is his apprentice taking Dexter to his own kill room with the walls covered from floor to ceiling in the photos of Dexters victims and the very final scene of the series being the knife plunging down.

6. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

If Dexter is going to be caught, then I want to see serial killer Dexter set loose on the prison population. Dexter created a very low key personality to camouflage himself into ordinary society; I'd like to see what face he wears to survive in prison as the monster's monster.

7. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

At that point? I doubt he'd be let within a hundred yards of another prisoner. Dexter is beyond dangerous. The very concept of someone bringing him into custody against his will is a joke; Doakes was Special Forces and he couldn't take him. He'd spend the entire time in a six-by-six concrete box.

On the off chance that someone is really that retarded, and lets him into general population, he wouldn't need to blend in or adopt a persona. He is the most deadly man there, and if he feels the need to intimidate someone, he could simply list facts. "I once tracked a woman to another continent to stab her in the spine."

8. Krogan

High Score:
    Who the fuck would put Dexter in a prison to begin with? His targets of choice are criminals, dropping him into a conventional prison would be like dropping a starving dog into a packed rabbit pen where all the rabbits have been chained down and drugged. If they tried it even once, I guarantee within a month they would notice a sharp decline in the prison population and a happier and happier Dexter.

9. yak

Dexter is still human. He gets knocked out, can be over-powered in fights, and isn't omniscient. He's only a monster on the inside, and could easily be taken into custody under the right circumstances.

I'm not sure who gets to decide and override decisions like that in Florida's prisons, but even Hannibal Lecter managed to kill people from solitary.

I've never been to prison, but I don't think it quite works that way. It doesn't matter how many people he's killed, he's just as vulnerable from a shiv to the neck as anyone else. If he does scare the prison populace enough then he'll have to survive attacks during prison riots, or perhaps a concerted effort from one or more of the pre-existing prison gangs when he kills the wrong person. They aren't likely to ignore threats to their power and reputation. They'd have many hard cases of their own who're physically much stronger than Dexter.

As Dexter himself said in the latest episode, partner pairs have a much greater chance of survival than anyone working alone. Likewise, a group has a greater chance than a pair. I doubt Dexter would survive long in prison without adapting himself to fit the new social environment. He's done it before, he could do it again.

We'll never see it in the TV series, of course. The audience has an increasing attachment to Dexter's growing personality as a father and fellow human being, and we won't see that formerly-just-a-camouflage personality permanently broken as long as the show wants to remain successful. I'd still like to see it happen.

10. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Another great episode. As for my predictions...

Well, Liddy dying unceremoniously thanks to Dexter being awesome is not a bad thing, but leaving that body there will no doubt bite Dex in the ass if he doesn't go back for him later.

Jordan killing Emily I kinda saw coming. I figured he would trap Lumen somehow, but maybe by using Deb or something... but then I remembered that if Lumen got caught, she'd finger him, so his plan is solid, if a bit dirty. I lol'd at Dex buying her the knife with all the glee a teenage boyfriend would buy his girlfriend something shiny.

The finale could go either way, but I'm going to predict the last image of the season being Dexter walking into Harrison's birthday party, alone.

11. Dante

Dante Slug Club Member

I don't know about you, but the whole look Dexter had when he stood up after figuring out that Lumen has put up a fight against Chase, was seriously awesome. I predict higher than normal violence levels in the next episode. Dexter's kinda angry.

The episode was kinda amazing too :) Though for a cop with 30 years of experience, Lindy wasn't very careful. C'mon, getting that close without backup or the criminal being incapacitated more securely? Dumb. Especially if you know, that your suspect knows how to kill.

12. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

Fuck Yeah!

13. yak

I'm hella looking forward to the season finale next week. The Lumen + Dexter relationship is growing on me more with every episode. I'm hoping that Dexter gets to save the girl unlike last season.

14. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

So fucking psyched!!! That season finale trailer was such a tease.

The very last 2 seconds of it, Debra pointing her gun at Dexter, or was it just edited to look like that?

I reckon that for the very last scene of final episode in the final season we will see the opening scene with a couple of changes.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  15. oephyx

oephyx Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'm really interested in seeing how it works out between Dexter, Quinn, and Deb. Quinn already knows Dexter is guilty of something, and I think Debra should start getting more suspicious too, because it's starting to get obvious.

I have no idea what will happen to Lumen, but it would be stupidly repetitive for her to die at the hands of the psychopath. If she gets caught, Deb would figure Dexter out - that could be pretty cool.

My prediction (or maybe just what I'm hoping for): Deb finds out about Dex, Lumen doesn't die, Chase obviously dies (and maybe Liddy's murder gets pegged on him too), Quinn as a possible side casualty (which would suck for Deb).

16. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Just watched the new episode.

"Is that what Lumen and I have? Serious shit?"

Priceless.

17. Skykes

I love Dex's little one liners. Excellent show. Easily my current favourite.

18. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

He fell off the last few seasons, but season 1 and 2 were epic. The bit where Doakes figures him out, and gets on his shit in the bloodwork room, and Dexter says "you're forgetting one thing" and Doakes leans in, Dexter says, "I own you" and headbutts his ass and calmly walks out.

Doakes winds up tackling him in the middle of the squad room and gets himself suspended for unprovoked assault, lmfao.

19. Skykes

Yeah that was awesome, I miss Doakes.

20. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

That and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqcomQsNQmE are my favorite.