1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Xiph0, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Preexisting solo play (non bnet) characters can play it. But, if your coming from D3 and think inferno mode is tough, then you haven't seen pain yet. You won't be able to beat single player until you're about level 60-65 (I think nightmare goes to 90), but I do recommend having a friend help, so you can at least do cheese boss attempts. Even then, mephisto is like a 10+ minute fight, and he has vigor, and can fly over the trench, and his bone spear is like a multi arrow, and his icy sphere can one shot you. I've never made it past nightmare duriel in the mod, and that's with some high rune gear (runes drop more frequently). It runs off the 1.10 patch, witch has the bugged piercing arrow which will make your arrow go infinity through the boss, but it's still not enough. I'd recommend starting from scratch, so you can get the full experience. A lot of stuff is changed, there's new levels, bosses, about a trillion new items, your merc can wear a full set of gear, new runewords, new crafting recipes, lots of fun stuff, and the difficulty changes the game from just hack'n'slash, to a semi-strategy game since you have to use tactics and stuff.

2. Anarchy

-------------

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  3. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Since I can't play on Bnet, I got a LoD cd key offline cause I lost mine, I decided to try out some mods myself. Median XL might be good for some but I didn't like it, even with all the extra stuff/space it gave me. :S

I couldn't get PlugY to work for me. I really don't like mod loaders/installers all that often. I'm just gonna play solo LoD for now.

4. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I usually play using hamachi with friends, but if we get enough people I will go and buy the game:)

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I pretty much only do single player. Soloing Hell with a Hammerdin at the moment.

6. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

Hell Unleashed sounds pretty good, honestly. I'd enjoy it with two or three more people playing through from scratch as well.

Of course, vanilla D2 is amazing enough to warrant a play through. Who wants to start a play through this Sunday (week from now). I have to take the SAT Saturday, but am up for starting any time after that.

7. Anarchy

For anyone curious about HU, the website is http://www.arimyth.com/hell.htm
    Item database and information compendium (and download links) can be specifically found at http://blue.arimyth.com/
    It's been about a year and a half since I last played it, but looking through all the sites again is giving me the urge.

8. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I'm using 1.13...if I dl the patch for 1.10 and repatch will it allow me to run the HU mod?

9. Anarchy

I recommend copy and pasting your d2 files into a new folder so you have two of them, and just use the second one to patch backwards to 1.10, that way you have one game for 1.13 if you want to use bnet/no mods, and one for 1.10 for the mod. The instructions are pretty clear on how to patch back down, and it's pretty straight forward if I remember.

10. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Hardest part is trying to find a build that works untwinked (without the awesome gear you can otherwise take off a mule on Multiplayer). So far almost all of them have major trouble except the Skelly necro.

What's worse is that it's not hard to turn on /players 8 and do Mephisto runs - even on Normal you'll get great drops most of the time and you'll get heaps of good uniques in virtually no time. But getting a build that needs good equipment, like a Sorc or a Paladin, through Act 2 to begin with, is nightmarish.