1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Mindless, Jun 28, 2008.

1. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Difficult to do given the recent exp hotfix that nerfed experience given by mobs with 'below average' healthpools, even then CotA farming is still the best way to power-level through Paragon levels albeit the exp drop was something like 60% decrease.

That's according to the Diablo subreddit at any rate, though I haven't checked in the last 12~ hours regarding any recent changes or hard numbers.

As a Demon Hunter, I feel like I'm still pigeon-holed into one particular build, farming endlessly for one particular Legendary to begin that build - there are other options of course, but naturally they require the perfect tri-fecta of stats on item drops which I have yet to see in 80~ hours of play since the 'revamp' with 2.0.

Looking forward to RoS, hopefully the writing takes a step in the right direction, like Act I rather than the disaster that the rest of the game seemed to be. Still uncertain as to whether I'll blast through Act V on normal and increase the difficulty each time or just try and grind through on Torment I and see how it goes as I'm currently farming T2 and debating a step up to T3, although I hear it's a steep increase in difficulty.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  2. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

It is a steep difficulty increase.

Way I see it, T1 is MP2-3, T2 is MP5, T3 is MP7, T4 MP8-9, T5 is MP10 and T6 goes to 11.

Seriously. Friend of mine had a wiz that could solo ubers in MP10 pre 2.0, and now he barely scrapes by in T4 (this is with old gears). With new gears, he can do T4 just fine, but he farms in T2-T3 for faster legendaries.

3. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Just started to play Act V of RoS and the level design is simply gorgeous.

Hit me up on bnet: MooseKens#1650 if any of you want to play, although I must confess I'm looking forward to leveling up a crusader once my wiz hits 70.

4. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I just started dat crusader shit on t1. Not sure if it's worth it, so I dropped down to master and just 1 shot everything.

P.S. Sockets should not be allowed on level 15 weapons. Put a ruby in it and suddenly it's DPS quadruples.

P.P.S. I got the amulet that makes you ignore arcane damage and turns it into healing (24%). Standing on arcane sentry fields is the best.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I got my 70 zunimassa's pox! One down, three to go for my army of terror!

6. Wildfeather

High Score:
    If anyone finds an ascended gauntlets please let me know. I need one to craft my pender's and I can't find one anywhere. :(

7. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

Really?

Geez, I find them damn near everywhere.

Try a5 in the Pandemonium Fortress or the Eternal Conflict area thingy...hit the discarded armor pile. They always drop a white item.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Just do bounties, ascended gear drops all the time.

9. Wildfeather

High Score:
    oh I know. I have two full sets of white armor except the gloves.

10. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I was mildly disappointed when I caved and bought the expac. First run was fun. Did it all on T1 with only 3 pieces of gear over lvl 60 by the end.

Ended up fully gearing to T3 ready in 12 hours and now struggling to find upgrades that aren't legendaries.

Maybe I should play an something besides Int based characters.

11. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Are you playing a Wizard or a Witch Doctor? Wizards are HILARIOUSLY OP right now and can handle higher Torment Difficulties with lower gear than just about any other class.

I've got a full writeup for my review of RoS on the way. I've dropped somewhere around 250+ hours since 2.0.1 hit and over 150+ since RoS hit.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  12. Gengar

High Score:
    WD full pet build is proper op, i need three more items and im there.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Nerfed my wizard in the patch last night :(

Arcane orb only hits once now... Time to scrap all my frost gear...

A lot of good WD upgrades though. I especially like the haunt change.

14. Evan Tide

All the classes. Takes me about twelve hours each to get them at least functioning in T2 easily.

Finished my Sader to 70 this morning and I'm already rocking T2 with it. Can probably build tweak it to handle T3 pretty easily.\

@Hug: FOrb still hits twice. Just be more accurate with the explosion.

15. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Forget FO, fuck the stealth Moonlight Ward nerf.

God damn Blizzard, put the nerfs on patch notes already. Half of the nerfs have been stealth.

About FO: it was mostly used for low difficulty trash clear. While it still does the same or almost the same damage, clear speeds are greatly reduced due to the greatly reduced aoe. People doing T5/T6 were mostly using stuff like Wand of Woh, Tal's 4pc, Moonlight Ward builds.

16. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I must be doing something wrong. I die a whole lot with my wizard (T1). What build do you use?

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Ah, cool. Didn't read much into anything bar WD. Fire seems to be where it's at for endgame given all the items, but i always prefer frost wizard.

Should still be fine if i absolute zero mobs together or run with a piranahdo.

I was scared when i heard the n word that pet builds were gonna be nerfed. I would have killed someone...

As for dying in t1, you shouldn't be. Finding things hard to kill is one thing, but avoiding death is another issue. Most times i hear people ask this they're playing their wiz like a barb.

You need to learn to stutter step, or just get used to clever movement / kiting in general.

My wiz and WD slow everything on the screen and stay out of hazards. Sometimes you get bs affixes you can't really kite (fast, waller, the porting ones), so a decent amount of toughness (3 mill, i guess?) on t1 would be nice.

18. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Build.

It's very standard FO build that I use for T1-T3. I can do T4, but rift bosses and some elites are often dangerous and take too long to kill for my liking.

Note that I have 1.2m buffed dps, 8m buffed toughness prioritizing all res over vit, and 68% cold damage. Azurewrath, Mirrorball (if you don't have one, use Electrocute - Surge of Power, probably even after the nerf) and Strongarms for nuking elite packs within Black Hole duration.

When I started out, I had like 500k dps and 5m toughness, no special equipment. With Templar out, it was very rare for me to die. If you lack toughness, just change Pinpoint Barrier to Prismatic Armor. Absolute Zero to Event Horizon if you have problems with elite affixes. If you don't have Strongarms, you can rock Teleport, Archon, what the heck ever you want instead of Black Hole. I found Archon very good for killing elites and bosses before I had cold % gear with the Unwavering Will passive allowing face tanking.

And like Hugplx said, kite, stutter step, don't get hit by obvious attacks.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  19. Evan Tide

My wizard has about 650k buffed and around 8m toughness (280k HP, 1.8k All res, 9k Armor)

I'm telling ya, sheet numbers don't matter unless you know how to apply them. The gear I have is pretty meh, but my Forbs are critting for about 10m-11m on explosion (total of about 24m if all 3 hits crit).

The boost I'm getting to hit high numbers is via knowing which gears to optimize. Attack speed? Dud stat. Complete waste on Wizards because you want your AP to be worth more.

Elemental Damage, Skill Damage, crits. That's where it's all awesome for damage, and two of them don't show up on profile.

My current gear has +40% Arcane Orb damage and +55% Cold damage. Forb hits 293% (pass through), 394% (explosion), and 192% (cold expiration), or a total of 879%. Just the arcane orb boost makes it into 1230.6%. Cold damage amps it to 1,907.4%.

If you'd had stacked attack spd instead of Orb and Cold, you'd have somewhere around 900k sheet DPS with same gear, but you'd have to be constantly throwing orbs to maintain that and each individual orb would hit about 13m total on full crits.

So yeah, the reason I can solo T3 easy on my wizard despite crap sheet is because os smart gearing and making my AP be worth every point, especially in kite heavy battles where I can't stand and spam Orbs endlessly.

My Build

This is what I use. It's served me well all the way through so far.

20. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah, see. I only have 200k dps, and I'm only at level 66.