1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Disco Eylsium - A hardboiled cop isometric RPG

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by IncoEnt, Oct 14, 2019.

1. IncoEnt

IncoEnt Squib

Didn't see a thread on what seems to be a glorious gem of a game so I decided to make one.

Just a brief overview of the game from the Dev's website shows that Disco Elysium is pretty ambitious.
    Disco Elysium's features include:
    • A new genre of setting developed for over 15 years in absolute secret. Neither fantasy, alternate history, nor any type of -punk, a novel set in the same world has been dubbed fantastic realism.
    • The most advanced visuals ever made for the isometric perspective. A trick of the trade we call paintshading lets us create a moving contemporary oil painting.
    • A realistic skill system lets you develop original ideas using Conceptual Thinking, tune your nervous system with Electrochemistry, and become a disgrace to the uniform with Composure, a skill that lets you don your disco outfit to the maximum effect.
    • Writing by chronically success-impaired science fiction author Robert Kurvitz and original music by the Mercury prize-winning band British Sea Power.
    • Thought Cabinet, an inventory for thoughts, where you process the ideas you’ve stumbled on. Ideas become fixtures, permanent beliefs you can’t get rid of, even if you want to.
    • Exactly one hundred and twenty-eight times more choice and consequence than previously thought possible in a role-playing video game. This is a world where even the smallest things you say matter.
    Inspired by “Planescape: Torment”, “Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare” and “Kentucky Route Zero”.

Considering that it is released tomorrow I'm frankly pretty excited to dig into what I believe will become a genre-defining game in the industry.
    --- Post automerged ---

And we have a review from one of the only reviewers I trust. Suffice to say "Utterly brilliant." His words, not mine :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019