1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dishonored: Revenge solves everything

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Legacy, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

Technically you can just straight up murder your way through the game. It makes things a bit more hectic but they do provide the tools to make it really interesting to do so.

2. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Cool relevant poster that Pete Hines just tweeted.

[​IMG]

3. blob

blob Seventh Year

Whoa.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

It's definitely the best trailer I've seen in the last year. If they deliver even half of that feel in the actual game... well, count me in.

4. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

I saw an interview with the guys in Arkane and it looks fantastic.

The branching skills are pretty interesting, with time slows, blinks possessions and weapon skills all having unique upgrades. I think it'll open up multiple playthroughs Deus Ex style.

Pretty excited.

5. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

Any clips of actual game play out yet?

6. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

So far only pre-rendered stuff as far as I know, but there was a demo at PAX.

7. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

This game is releasing tomorrow and I can't fucking wait for it. Though with my fucking net, I don't know when I'll be able to play.

8. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I won't have access to my pc for at least a week from now D:

9. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

Doesn't come out till friday in the UK, which I suppose is a good thing as the Forza Horizon demo and new ME3 Multiplayer DLC Come out tomorrow.

10. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

If you're getting it off steam, you could always pre-load, then head to http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us. Log in, then get to the Dishonored page and click play. After that it'll unlock on your steam client and you can play as you want.

(Note: Last time I tried this was several months ago, not sure if it still works.)

Annnnnd as just attempted by me, this no longer works. Still, VPNs do.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  11. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

I finished the game. It took me about 13 hours to complete and it was pretty awesome. I wish that they could have made a longer ending, or even some more explanation as to what happens in regards to yourself (Corvo) down the road. I played the chaos way. Killing everyone as long as they held a weapon. It was pretty awesome...I upgraded both blink and shadow kill to the max and then just killed everything.......it was very easy ( I played it on Hard difficulty) would I want to play it again? I don't know. I would have to wait awhile but I think I could play it again in a few months. It's worth the money.

12. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

Yeah that's way easier. I'm doing mostly stealth through the levels and taking my sweet time but it real hard when youre choking out all the guards straight ghost.

13. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Anyone going to try it without killing anything?

14. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

I was going for a chaotic ending, but I had something of a change of heart about a third of the way through when one of the guards said "You just made someone a widow, you bastard!" So I kept things pretty nonlethal for the rest of the game...

Until the very end.
    I swear to any and all deities in existence, I got so pissed off with the Loyalists that I just started killing everything that got in my way. And when Samuel had the balls to tell me he was disappointed in me for being brutal I just about snapped.

15. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

I really wanted to kill him because he started mouthing off when I was getting off the boat but I refrained. I'll get him next playthrough.

16. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

So after the game came finally out in Germany so now I can review it..

Graphic and controlling are ok and the game has a furious start. It offers you a lot of ways to move, even if blink plus rooftops is sadly often the easiest way. The difficulty is too easy as long as you kill everything, as soon as you try sneaking around and getting ghost it becomes a lot more challenging.
    The story is not great but kept me motivated especially at the end when I wanted to kill everything. Still the middle feels a bit short, one or two missions more would have been great because now the plot feels a bit rushed. The characters could also be a bit more fleshed out. I also missed a Dossier or something like that in which you could collect the information about your targets.

Still it was enjoyable game even if the hype around it was a bit too much.

17. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

The game's already frozen at a certain point for me, sadly. When you have to go to the Distillery for Granny Rags.

18. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I enjoyed it. Did a pure Low Chaos minimum death run. I got a charm that sped up choking. :3 End song is bauss.

19. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

I'm enjoying the Gameplay and combat but the graphics were a bit dissapointing on PC. barely using 35% GPU load and the textures seem to have a low resolution.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  20. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Enjoyed it. It was a massive bonus that the game carried on after the return to Dunwall.

Have to agree with ^. The graphics were massively disappointing.

Do look forward to see what added content there is down the line