1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Princess Mafia: The Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I mean...

Ok...

I guess...

This makes me feel pretty badly about you?

Like, really don't think scum are ever going to tailor stuff according to your behavior of all slots in the game, don't understand how that's a real thought. Worldbuilding is like, very very standard thing and you not being able to look at worlds where Waco/Kalas is town right now is... I don't see a reasonable excuse for this if you're town.

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    ...I'm not really having the problem where I town read the whole room?

Feel like this is all reasoning to end up voting Koalas, no?

3. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    This is probably town dC, though.
    --- Post automerged ---
    We can Monty Hall select Kalas, it's fine.

... but like, if we do that and Waco doesn't come back and Kalas flips town... hhhhhhh.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Yeah, the thoughts were not connected. Kalas comments were tacked on. Shrugvote Waco because I can't be bothered pushing Kalas over him here. Have no real compelling reason to.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Still going to go through their ISOs, though.

Breakfast first.

Ok.

5. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    There's only 9 slots in the game. I might agree if there were more, but scum fit their behaviour to town as a whole and I'm actually a fairly decent chunk of town by myself given the size of the game. Partly it's just so I don't get paranoid that that's what's happening.

Why exactly is it important for me to have the worlds built now? The way I see it, there's nothing to actually actionably DO with the worldbuilding until the start of D2 and therefore no need to do it until N1, and therefore worldbuilding both possible flips when only one will actually happen is a waste of my time. In addition to making me wonder if behaviour is being tailored which will skew my thinking, in addition to behaviour maybe ACTUALLY being tailored, in addition to yadda yadda yadda you get the idea.

tl;dr it's guaranteed to be a half pointless exercise and it doesn't affect anything I want to do today (it's 4 hours to deadline) so I'm not going to bother, sorry.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
  7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    that link is ded

although I can believe this given my history on DLP has been terrible.

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Reg I have told you about the links. You are Very Bad.)

9. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    The real tl;dr is that dC managed to find the wine.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It's not that it's important for you to have the worlds built. It's that... if you're town here I feel like you should have a nuanced enough sense of your reads to just... already know at least roughly where you'd go in the event that your current reads are wrong. It's not a thing of putting all this effort to 100% solve the game it's just, if you're scum it's always more difficult for you to talk about this now rather than later and so getting that from you is Good Things.

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Imma just word this better.

dC, if Waco and Kalas are both town, who is mafia?

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Tbh I would totally #letirand

If only in Stanari's honor.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So definitely definitely Kalas peacing out and Waco nowhere means they're partners GG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also.

I woke up this morning with the knowledge that fontisian is town.

Like magic.

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Was on my phone, sorry? It's WH #9 - Halftime Edition if you want some night time reading, there's an amusing section in it where he leads a CFD on his partner (Tom) while the leading wagons were T/T (I think?) with one of them being Beruru who was the Seer and never had to claim due to the CFD on Tom.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I would like this knowledge pl0x.

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean I already explained that in the last post where it was {beru/Vaimes/Jan} next in the kill order. I guess add font after checking out the latest votal that has her as an early Waco pusher. It really doesn't help that if Waco is town his utter failure to interact meaningfully with most people makes reads around him not easy.

Also I think it's easier to talk about this as scum b/c I KNOW what Waco's flip will be in that scenario so there isn't that uncertainty.

Bugger if I know. Vaimes? Jan? You?? After looking at the latest votal, font??? I don't think it's Regfan/Gemma but I don't want to rule out anyone else at this stage b/c I'm pretty heavily leaning on Waco being scum (so if he's not then blehhhhh)

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh lord.
    --- Post automerged ---
    /imparts

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I think I had blocked that game out of my memory, because I legit forgot about this and holy god so terrible.

I misread the site meta and assumed the CFD would fail. And I didn't even get the consolation prize of beru thinking I was acolyte b/c acolyte was Vaimes and they sussed it out in like 5 minutes.

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It's generically more difficult because you need to have a handle on a wider variety of reads and interactions, there are more variables to get wrong that would be a smoking gun for you not having a consistent mindset + it steers you early into progressions for the next day which is fine if you're town but unhelpful if you're scum.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    If the Fonti town thing is a serious thing you're at not just a 'hopeful read' then running through it v much appreciated, if it's the latter then dw about it. About to start work, only going to be able to check in here and there, will try and put down where I'm at before EOD though.

19. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    More like 30 seconds.

Tbh not having Vaimes as my acolyte hurts my reads so much. ;-;

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Steering myself into progressions is totally helpful as scum. That's like half the point of making worldsplits as scum, it's to make it look like you're open to two possibilities when in reality you KNOW which one will eventuate. So like you say "if X flips scum I'm going to bury the shit out of scumbuddy Y!" and then surprise X flips town so you don't have to. It essentially makes people who aren't paying enough attention think you went through the "consider and disregard" process on your scumbuddy.