1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP: Directions (NO NAME CHANGES)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord Ravenclaw, May 11, 2010.

1. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I don't have to read a thing you say to reply to something. All I have to do is see your name, know that I don't give a shit about what you're saying, and post that.

As to your other comment. SAY THAT TO MY FACE MOTHERFUCKER AND NOT ON THE INTERNET AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

Everyone cares about what I say, cause otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to bait me, and the soul less asian wouldn't have parroted your post because she felt I insulted her.

2. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Stop stealing my fucking lines you cocksucker.

3. Grinning Lizard

Grinning Lizard Supreme Mugwump

Personally, I agree. I joined because this is how I like it. Grinning-Lizard's customary Wall-O'-Text was in response to the ideas that have already been posted - if they're going to be implemented, the argument of the DarkLordPotter name ought to be settled, and a lot of people - as someone else put it - 'came for the fanfiction and stayed for the community'.

Absolutely possible. It all depends on implementation and marketing (read: whoring it out) as much as possible. Though whereas word-of-mouth works for DLP as a standalone, it couldn't carry a new venture in the same manner in the traditional sense. All the same, it was my two cents that instead of altering what made you, me et all come here in the first place, double the community over into an off-topic site with a fresh and recognisable brand. I wasn't intending to make it sound as though I meant split the community - I was thinking more a copied member list to kick it off, with one designed to grow with HP fanon enthusiasts and one for whatever else would end up going into it.

But if it won't work, it won't work - I don't regularly deal with online or not-for-profit businesses in the day job. As said above, if it has to change, it was simply worth mentioning - what's been suggested is far more than just a facelift. It's an entirely new venture. It's a project that has an acronym already.

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is a silly discussion because DLP will not split into two seperate forums. It just won't. I'd bet my ass on it.

Silly lizard. Go back under your rock.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I think it moved/changed. I suspect this is it -- the format looks the same as the one I remember joining anyway.

A Demon's Shadow (just in case anyone was actually curious, and correct me if I'm wrong)

6. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I doubt that's it. Why would Jon just stop using the hosting and domain name he's paying for?

7. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Looks like a ghost town.

8. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

9. Cappadocian

Cappadocian Fifth Year

Wrong, http://ademonsdesire.com/Forums/index.php was it. That was a temp forum after Jon lost the domain at one time. ADS looks to be mostly current. The path went something like, ADD formed because DLP didn't have a naruto forum at the time. Then DLP started a naruto forum, user's died off, then a small amount of people branched off into a couple other forums, whose name I am totally forgetting at this time. Before settling on A demon's shadow.

10. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

Would it be possible to have a sub-forum for art/fanart? I've searched the website and haven't found anything like what I'm thinking of.

It could be a sort of "Work by Artist" thing or just a place to discuss existing art.

I've seen it on some other fan forums and it's been a good contribution. The best place for it would probably be a sub-section under Fanfic Discussion like the Story Search sub-forum.

Maybe we don't have the sub-culture necessary to keep it going but considering how much everyone appreciated nmb's cover art I think it would be a good idea.

11. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Cover art = Good.

Fan art = Stupid.

There's a real distinction there.

12. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Eh, some people like fan-art even though I don't happen to be one of those people. However, im pretty sure this subforum in Multimedia covers what you are asking for Sacro.

13. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

It could come under Graphics in Multimedia. IIRC, there's a thread for fanart there, maybe any more should be directed to the same subforum. not sure how much traffic in that subject would be there, but I dunno if it would be enough to justify an individual subforum.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Ellisande.

14. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

15. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

Thanks. I saw the Graphics subforum but I thought it was only for digital art done on software such as Photoshop and GIMP.

16. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

For the love of the Queen's English, please kill that apostrophe.

17. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff