1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Q4 2019 Story Competition is kicking off!

Prompt:
    Foreign Magical Regions (Setting outside of Britain)
    Get writing Folks!
    Dismiss Notice

DLP Inquisitorial Squad

Discussion in 'Bookclub' started by Blorcyn, Sep 26, 2019.

1. 6foxtrot9

6foxtrot9 First Year

Spent about 10 minutes in the discord and I sleepwalked into this, signed.

6foxtrot9

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  2. Saez

Saez High Inquisitor

High Score:

@6foxtrot9
    [​IMG]

3. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Order Member DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Like true TIS purebloods, I admire that we're standing to one side of the great hall staring at our unlikely partner across the floor. This is right and proper.

I'm thinking we'll look at voting a new fic in this weekend. So it'll close at midnight on Friday night; Pacific time (which is 8am Saturday GMT), so everyone has had their Friday evening to misuse.

Time to put up or shut up.

4. Story Content: Round 2
    Blorcyn

We have the weekend and the Monday to choose something new.

Remember, throw up any rec at all and thumbs from TIS are votes. If you don’t put your thumb up someone else’s post then your own rec counts as your vote, of course.

Was there anything confusing or unhelpful about the first attempt? Suggestions or criticisms?

Personally, as an attempt to try and take on a big story: to slowly read it and then attempt to write up something big didn’t work for me. I’m going to try and write up and post on whatever I’ve read of it that day for this next time.

5. Microwave

Microwave Groundskeeper

I think the fact that the story was so long discouraged a lot of people from actually reviewing, think it might be better to choose something shorter or break off the long ones into sections to go over one at a time.

6. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Moderator DLP Supporter

It was stated that the whole thing didn't need to be read. You could comment on the parts you did read.

What a waste of a 5000th post.

7. Blorcyn

Like a magpie in a jewellery shop, a wealth of options has proven paralysing. But, as a shorter fic than our last effort, and freshly updated, may I suggest:

Harry Potter and the Weapon of Truth
    By @Philo Vance
    Summary: 10-year old Harry Potter starts to learn all about the sport of fencing. Between every lunge and parry, he learns a lot about himself and about how to handle life's problems.​

I haven't read it before, but it seemed to get a lot of good feedback when it first arrived in 2016. Also, it's Harry and Fleur. Try not to blow your load all at once, perverts. Looking at you @Saez

8. Testamentary

Testamentary Muggle

High Score:
    I think this is how this works:

Testamentary