1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt: A Mafia of Stars and Suckers | ExMods win

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

I stick by this and support a klackerz decision. But discussion is good regardless, and klackerz is gonna need ammo.

So, more or less wobbly and baseless suspicions being on: Kalas, Mishie, and Ash. Not in that order. I can't in good confidence build a case for any of them so I'm not going to.

Mishie's made a good point about Jangel, though. Yeah, just go with Jangel.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Jangel

2. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Mishie, a thumb-up wouldn't even begin to show my love for this post.

Aekiel, please take this in consideration. Know that it would (probably) clear you in my eyes and I don't think it would be just me.

:facepalm

Oh, for fuck's sake.

This was a bad move on so many levels it's not even funny. It's too anti-town to even be described. Do you know what you accomplished with that shitty hinting post of yours, aside from "warning" who you accused?

You lost my vote.

Rescind Mayor Vote

Now I don't know who is more scummy, you or Aekiel. At least, he has a chance to clear himself in my eyes.

To be honest, he said he had no problem with the no consensus (because of the Klackerz), not that he doesn't want discussion.

3. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I also find Jangel's post a little funny, but not enough to lynch him. In fact I'm a little curious as to why mishie would vote for a guy who (claims to) put faith in a (supposedly) fellow townie.

Looking at it again maybe it is a little scummy to say "let's not vote for people where I might get pegged as scum for voting for innocent people". I'm still waiting to Lynch vote though.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is a bit of an odd way to start a post Stojil. Voicing concerns about me would be a legitimate tl;dr.. but its not about me. This is all about Aekiel and how he shouldn't be Mayor. Reasons for which..

You have given nothing to back up, outside of your multiple assertions that he is, in fact, scum.

The first two posts you quoted were both intended to provoke discussion in the thread for the two candidates. The candidates answered and the thread developed. If you consider me not posting a Day 1 tl;dr on everything I gleaned from their posts a mistake then I apologize. If your slamming me for insufficient reasoning there are FAR better posters you could be looking at.

Again I mentioned it as a discussion starter, and something for town to think on as well. As for why it didn't factor into my post.. well it didn't factor into my reasoning. I'm not voting for someone who I think could potentially be scum so what possible purpose could bringing up the extra life hold?

And once again we're back to the REAL purpose of this post.

PS Sending people to the asylum is a major selling point of mayor is well, you generally don't see mayoral candidates advertising 'If I am elected Mayor I will have the Powers of the Mayor.'

You'll notice by the lack of bandwagon that you are really grasping at straws at this point. But then again you pointed that out yourself.

And now its completely out in the open. This post was never about me. This was a poor attempt at drawing connections where there were none.

And THIS is where your reasoning falls apart all together. You may have seen it mentioned that this is a pluarality vote not a majority. In the current situation Aekiel will have to lose supporters for your candidate to be elected.

So, if you thought this had any chances of flying at all, WHY would you attempt to elect someone you think could be scum as opposed to Taure, your original candidate. A six vote shift could have been very possible IF YOUR POST HAD ANY SUSBSTANCE. As is this is just a poor attempt at discrediting Aekiel via moi. If you want to raise suspicions about a player try and give some solid reasoning next time. And leave the imaginary connections out of it.

---------- Post automerged at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

As for the Jangel bit, take a look at his.. 4 total posts.

1) Mayoral vote for Azira with minimal (and no original) reasoning.

2) Criticism/comment thing about who Azira posted.

3) Zero substance post.

4) Satisfied with the lack of lynch. Satisfied with the opposing Mayor having the majority of votes because 'there is no real difference between them'. Then casually reminding us of Azira's hinting at a power role.

He's trying to fly under the radar, post without saying anything, and I don't like it.

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Lol, a couple of things Kalas.

I thought I had made it clear from the start that my post was mostly about Aekiel being elected as Mayor.

That was and is my biggest concern. A scum Mayor is a TERRIBLE way to start the game. The difference between Aekiel and Azira at the time was that I felt pretty sure Aekiel was scum, while I only suspected Azira. The reason why I didn't shift my vote to Taure, instead, was that I had already tried that and it had utterly failed for various reasons, the main one being Taure disappearing. The only candidate was Azira (not anymore because now he's equally scummy in my eyes).

Wasn't all this clear from my post? I'm actually only repeating stuff I had already written.

The same thing goes for my accusation against you. I had already pointed out in that post of mine that it wasn't like I had proof or anything, but that it was the best clue I had and could post.

This doesn't mean I don't believe what I said about you. But I have no problem in admitting that I chose to accuse you specifically because that could have potentially given me the means to stop Aekiel from being elected.

6. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hum. I think Kalas has done a fairly good job here.

Rescind vote.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Jangel.

7. Koalas

High Score:
    By the end of your post, yes, it was clear. I just felt it prudent to point it out given that that was the basis of your accusations against me.

Also, if you are going to make a gut-feeling based post like this try not to end it with saying your reasoning isn't the best. That just undermines everything the post could accomplish.

And, before I forget,

Lynch Vote: Jangel

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not convinced that Ashaya is scum, but I'll definitely consider putting her in the Asylum. Let the Kensington check her, maybe?

9. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

I'm sorry, but what? Nowhere, and I repeat, nowhere did I claim that I wanted people to stay quiet. That's just absurd, lol.

My point was that since it's early in the game (and therefore little to go on), the town's collective opinion won't much different/more accurate that the Klackerz's opinion, and both are fairly random.

What's more, "rely on the klackerz getting lucky"? The klackerz is going through the same reasoning as everyone else, with access to the same info as everyone else, which is quite little. He won't be getting more or less lucky that anyone else, at this stage.

1) I made my reasoning quite plain. Both Azira and Aek put forward fairly reasonable, and quite similar arguments for mayorship. I didn't find much difference between them in finding them both mildly suspicious, but simultaneously being the only reasonable candidates at the time, and would be happy with either.

4) No, not satisfied by a lack of lynch. There will still be a lynch. Sure, there might not be a vote consensus, but I've already explained that klackerz's opinion won't differ much from the collective town's this early.

Seriously, people, keep your pants on.

10. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I am fine with the Kensington checking me. Also, mishie is just rampantly accusing everyone. Kind of annoying me, tbh.

I....kind of see what you guys mean about Jangel. However, there are plenty of people who have posted less/said less than he has, if we're basing the lynch on that.

We do have the Klackerz, so rather than vote for someone I don't feel terribly suspicious of, I will let him decide.

11. Koalas

High Score:
    And what is the 'collective town's opinion' pray tell? We're sitting on 5 separate Lynch targets.

---------- Post automerged at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

You guys do mean the Zeit right? Or do you mean Ken's one shot ability?

12. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Aekiel, you're forgetting that there is a scum role that checks innocent, The Vira, and for all we know, that's what Ashaya is. Also, as to why the plan of just leaving things up to the klackerz, that means that the scum can just hide and not have to worry about a vote. This means that when people check the votes of a day 1 lynch to compare them to other votes, there will be far less information than usual.

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    The Ken's ability, Kalas.

14. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Which is exactly my point. We don't have an obvious target because it's day one, we have nothing to go on, people are flailing about in the dark at vague suspicions.

town has no strong lynch target = town lynching fairly randomly
    klackerz also has no strong lynch target = klackerz lynching fairly randomly

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    True, and I'll vote for my lynch candidate now, since it's end of the day and nobody looks to be lynched..

Deadline Lynch: Kalas

I don't like lynching lurkers when I've got other, more suspicious candidates to lynch, and something about your posts is just seeming scummy to me, Kalas.

16. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Hmm, you're right mishie. The Jon also checks innocent, so I could be the Vira or the Jon. This is a risk that we have to take, I guess. :S Or I can just not be checked. I can be put into the asylum, but then I can't use my powers, which would suck. It's ultimately up to you guys, the Irene, or Aekiel. After all, I could be freed :S

17. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Quick question, Aekiel, why do you want the Kensington to waste his oneshot ability this early in the game, when the Zeitgiest could instead check say, you and Ashaya and we could find out so much more?

18. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Whoever does any checking, I hope to god they keep it to themselves until later in the game. If we have people rolerevealing now we'll be fucked.

19. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Like, this game is so different from my last one. I don't need to troll post to force a vote and this brings up the point that I distrust everyone so much that I have no clue who to vote for. What I am trying to say, I'm not lurking and am willing to vote. I just have no clue. Mind, if I pick anyone today it will most likely be Jangel.

20. Aekiel

High Score:
    It was a suggestion that had to be made, and I wouldn't see it as a waste if it nets us one of the scum.

As for the Zeitgeist: I figure that he'd be better off gathering information and sticking to the shadows until later in the game, so that he's got a base to work off from. If he were to give away his role this early, it would be a massive loss to us. The Kensington, not so much, since the letter writing is fairly limited in what it can do compared to the Zeitgeist.