1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt2 - More Suckers, Less Stars

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Hi to everyone, didnt know this started because i assumed there would be a new thread but i guess not.

Anyway, so far i am liking Zeitgeist the most while being slightly hesitant to believe Eido and Stojil.

Also Aek, nice of you to pinpoint someone who didn't vote for himself after Stojil did the same yet didn't get the accusing finger from you... since he conveniently voted for you and started a bandwagon you supposedly didn't even want to.

Mayor Vote: Zeitgeist

2. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Hey Lungs, can we get a tally on mayor votes? There are a couple people I wouldn't mind voting for if they had majority, but until then I'll hold off and urge you fuckers to elect me as mayor. URGE.

Also, fuck you too Ollie.

3. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

At the airport. I'm considering switching to Zeitgeist if he wants the position, and depending on who else votes for him. I still want to be Mayor, but I don't have time today what with my flight to actually sit here and converse, and we need to figure this shit out.

Slight scum read on Kalas so far, and perhaps Menace.

In any case, I will refrain from changing my mayor vote in the hopes that people suddenly start getting a town read from me and change to voting for me. Though I suppose most people think I'm hard to read, which is a valid problem, and though I know I'm town, you guys don't. So yeah, let's see a vote count, Lungsy.

4. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    if Zeit leads over Aek by 3 I'll switch.

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Fake Lynch Vote: Eidolonic

Yeah... I want to kill him with multiple sharp rocky objects. Beside what was either a derp (unlikely) or an info-manipulation attempt (much more likely), his vote for Zeitgeist makes no sense considering what he's been saying for a while now: that he would only consider voting for me or Kai (beside himself) and that the main point of electing the Mayor is to give an extra-life to a likely night-kill target (is Zeit one, right now?). I understand not voting for me since he's apparently wary (knee-jerkingly after I called him out on that thing he completely ignored) but what about Kai, the guy with whom he has agreed the whole game? That makes no sense and makes me feel much better about Kai.

Beside Eido, I could get behind a lynch on AngelRick, Kalas, Zennith and most of the one-post guys. I'm on the fence about Zeit, but... I'm leaning towards town for him, just a tiny bit.

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you'll read the whole post, I did go on to elaborate on my reasoning, ending with the proposition that I was just being paranoid.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    God I forgot what a fucking headache playing with you is Kai. All right let me spell this out for you.

OTP. Is. A. Problem

I'd have Ash in there somewhere, and Stojil lower but w/e.

Everyone in this game, with the possible exception of AngelRick knows what everyone else's mafia ability is. And given the OTP is assigned on pure meta, one of the members must be on that list. Going further off of that I can see zero scenarios where you/Eid are both town and one of you NOT be part of the OTP.

Yet both of you are running. And I know both of you are smart enough to not give scum such an easy way to eliminate the Mayor. So we have a couple situations.

1) One of you is retarded.
    2) Scum RNG'd the OTP pair.
    3) One (or both) of you is scum.

And by a couple I mean the last one. Right now I'm leaning towards that scum being Eid, mostly based on the timing of his switch to Zeit. After posting on the benefits of the extra life (#58 #66 etc) he hops onto the Zeit wagon with really no good reason. Its really giving me an 'oh well I tried' vibe if he gets brought up on it later.

So if Eid IS scum that makes it all the more questionable as to why you aren't in the OTP Kai. Admittedly with two factions Eid could be both OTP and scum (which would explain quite a bit actually) but that'd be really convenient.

Tl;dr : Oh noesss Kai iz scumss :facepalm

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because if Eido was scum he'd want Kai dead ASAP.

---------- Post automerged at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Hell, most scum would want Kai/Eido dead ASAP.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    My point. You found it.

10. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Kalas, otp is chosen by scum. Why would they choose someone like kai/eido/stojil who they want dead as the otp. I'm not at a computer, so ill make a full post later, but ill throw my name into the mayor run :D. Barring that, ill probably vote for ashaya or kai, don't really want zeit as mayor? But I wouldn't overly mind, I guess, I just won't be voting for him. Anyway, like I said sorry for not posting, and ill make a longer post when I get to a computer.

11. Koalas

High Score:
    From the Palindrome ability list.

Two kills for the low, low price of an extra life? Can haz?

12. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [Mayor Vote] - Look the Mod is doing his job?!

KaiDASH - 2 || KaiDASH, Vira
    Ash - 2 || Ash, Sacrosanct
    Menace - 1 || Menace
    Castiel - 1 || Castiel
    Aekiel - 4 || Uncle Stojil, Aekiel, Ollie, Zennith
    Mishie - 1 || Mishie
    Zeitgeist - 4 || Zeitgeist, Klackerz, Eidolonic, Azira

No Vote Yet/Xion
    - 4: Kalas, AngelRick, Jangel, jwlk\

13. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

This is why I switched my vote over to Zeitgeist. He had multiple votes, when Kai did not at the time, and I preferred Zeit over Ash or Aekiel. Now that I'm back home and see that we actually have a couple days left in day one, I'll Rescind Mayor Vote; Mayor Vote: Eidolonic.

@Stojil

Regarding the KaiDASH role, it's... part derp, and part me dismissing the power as protection. Let's assume a hypothetical world where I am the KaiDASH. I may or may not be, so don't read too much into it, the Jwlk (Or feel free to out yourself day one by taking a shot at me, I don't mind). I would not use the role in a manner similar to a doctor, by protecting a likely night kill target. Because I am also a likely night kill target, and it'd be stupid. What I'd do is select someone I found scummy, but was going to be a difficult lynch, for whatever reason.

However, you're right that it can be used as a protective role by players who are less likely to be early game night kill targets, yes. I shouldn't have dismissed it, and it wasn't an attempt to deceive. Just me derping slightly, and being annoyed at retarded game mechanics.

Lungs modeled it after the Seamstress in Polarity Hunt, which is a scum role. It functions well as a scum role, where it can be a strong lynch protector, or used to take a power town with you upon death. It's fucking retarded as a town role, though, with pointless drawback. It's better to not even use it in a lot of situations, and bleh.

I understand your 'wat' at me ignoring that, I just... don't (didn't?) consider the KaiDASH to be a true doctor role, since it's not what I'd have used it as. But it's not the worst move for a lower priority target to use it as such. Although still risky and meh.

@Kalas

Yes, the OTP is a thing. I was considering asking the OTP to claim - not their actual roles, mind you, but that they are in the OTP, which confirms them as non-witches, at the very least. I was fully expecting to be linked to Kai or Stojil going into the game for a free 2 for 1, as you stated, but... I'm not. But don't dismiss one of the OTP members trying to get the mayoral position for the extra life, as the Palindrome's trigger to kill the OTP does not bypass protection.

Trying to determine that people are scum because they are not the OTP is just Wine. It's entirely possible we have a scum team that wanted to name two lurkers as the OTP to get lynch protection for the Palindrome, or that the scum team is full of newer players who don't have a firm grasp on who they should take out immediately. This is unlikely, of course.

Or, y'know. You're a witch, and intentionally are trying to frame myself or Kai as witches because we didn't get linked to be killed with ease. Certainly not going to dismiss that.

The reason I want the extra life is because I'm town, and I'm not completely inept at it. This means that I'm an extremely inviting target to shoot in the face, before I turn their world upside down.

If anyone has any further questions, I can answer them. I didn't end up having to stay out of town, was able to come home after the meeting (thank god).

14. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

See last game in GOD, I started asking questions, and that seemed to work *somewhat* better than my previous style of play of just derping around. And I was also trying to use the question to learn a bit more about the game mechanics since I'm still a bit fuzzy on them.

And it turned out to be a completely stupid set of questions. Not much I can do now :/

15. Koalas

High Score:
    Trust me Eid, if I was witch and the Palindrome didn't link town!you and town!kai/whoever I would have quit right there.

That said.. I do like the idea of the OTP claiming. It'd clear some of this up with no -town I can think of.

16. Lungs

High Score:
    I hope everyone knows that you can oblat two people as the OTP.

Edit: For people who don't know, oblat is the jwlk's Modkill power.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  17. Eidolonic

Seriously?

---------- Post automerged at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Not sure where it says you can Oblat the OTP anywhere in the rules, unless you're just making shit up as you go.

18. Lungs

High Score:
    It's grandfathered from the previous incarnations of the Warlock games, but I guess you can make the argument that it's not in the rules and that it shouldn't exist and I'd buy that.

Really something I thought was a given. Oops. Whatever. It's certainly not gamebreaking, though it does represent an advantage for two of the three factions.

19. Eidolonic

Do you have a final ruling?

If the two members of the OTP claim, can they be ModKilled by the Jwlk?

---------- Post automerged at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

20. Eidolonic