1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt3 - We Won't Be Counting Suckers, We'll Be Counting Stars

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Yeah, but why vote Aekiel anyways? It seems like bad luck to vote for the mayor that made you lose last time.

2. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Is the issue of who gets elected Mayor really that important? With the ability to tank gone the title becomes much less frightening in the hands of scum and much less beneficial in the hands of a town player.

All that said, out of the present candidates, Sesc seems the best option to me at the moment.

Deadline Mayor Vote: Sesc

That may be subject to change, depending on how things develop.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I could support Sesc for mayor, though I don't find him particularly easy to read.

Caesar: No, the mayor isn't really that important, but the vote itself allows us to generate some more discussion on what might otherwise be a boring day 1. But the asylum power is one I would rather have in town hands, and since I can't trust any of you...

Jon:
    This could mean that you're town, or that you're scum and, if you become mayor, you'll go after the other scum factions before turning on the town.

4. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Sesc seems rather unmotivated for someone who is getting elected to be Mayor.

5. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He clearly stated he isn't about to start prancing and dancing for the voters.

6. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Oh I agree. I just don't want us to get bogged down in risk-aversion, thinking that certain players are "too good" to be Mayor. It's stupid and far too easy for people to hide behind. As to the Asylum power, if the Mayor isn't at least considering the expressed opinions of the thread, something has gone wrong.

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Surprisingly, despite being the Demon Mayor... I'll admit that you were pretty honest about things, Jon. Still not sure I would be willing to vote for you though. Sorry :(

As for the other candidates, hmm...

Sesc, like it or not is likely to be an early death, so I'm not keen to vote for him, even if I do acknowledge his general canny aptitude.

Fontisian, I honestly don't have much of an opinion on. Good player, though.

I do have good memories of Klackerz, if I remember right. Kind of quiet, though, and it might have him share more.

So, between Fontisian and Klackerz, I think I'll do this for now:
    Deadline Mayor Vote: Klackerz

8. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Yes, I am. Because I am dumb. And as a dumb, I thank you for pointing that out.

Unfortunately, that does change everything. As Fen said, Sesc could be an early death.

I'm not averse to a Sesc mayor. But for now Unvote Mayor: Sesc.

I need to re-evaluate this. :facepalm Sorry folks.

9. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Morning folks!

The last time I played this I tried campaigning for mayor and it turned out a disaster so I think I'll skip it this time. None of the candidates strike me so far although i think Sesc would male a good one, i dont really want to votw for someone who doesnt seem very interested in the job.

10. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

As much as I'd like to vote Sesc for mayor, I am highly skeptical if he'll still be alive at the later stages of the game. If he is town, I think he'll be a magnet for early night kills. That'll just be a waste of the Mayor abilities.

Right now, the only person I could trust to be town is myself so

Mayor Vote:Wetnurse

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This should be interesting. I'll go through the rules and post a condensed list of the changes between this version and the last either within the hour or after I've had some sleep. It's been a long, fairly alcoholic day after all.

---------- Post automerged at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Also, consider me throwing my hat into the ring for Mayor. I'm town this time and I figure that even if I'm hit by the scum I've got a role that's expendable enough that it wouldn't be too big of a disadvantage if I died.

12. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    JLungs, can haz thumbs?

I'm off to bed, be back after I see my psych... no fucking clue when that appointment is xD

13. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I'll be honest. I don't want to claim I'm town in red or I fully expect to be instagibbed. I'm happy not to be Mayor as long as someone town actually gets it. I'mma be pissed if scum gets it though. Only I may be scum and be Mayor.

14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Likewise D: It's apparently impossible for me to decide what you are, which is why you're rather down on the list.

I'm not going to start making useless role playing posts to convince you of my awesome prowess as the one and only leader. That's what I meant.

Also, I agree that the mayor vote is less crucial than it used to be. But as for the NK risk, with Jon and Eidolonic also around, that has to result in better odds for me somehow. I'm going to be annoyed if it doesn't :/

15. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

That doesn't really inspire confidence.

16. Jon

I dunno about you, but I'm pretty confident. Maybe it's a matter of perspective?

17. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Personally I think Jon as Mayor will be a super fun game.

Mayor Vote: Jon

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I was referring to DLPHunt 2 in which Aekiel was also elected Mayor and he was town and helped town win, but no one seems to remember that...

... Aekiel included.

So, Mayor candidates, what do you think is the best way for you (but really, us) to use your Asylum power?

19. Jon

As Mayor I promise that I will kill someone at some point.

I'm not sure how to take Fen's 'Jon is pretty honest' with 'I wouldn't vote for him'. You're saying you're fairly certain that I'm telling the truth but.. you wouldn't vote for me? Is there any particular reason, King of Double Kills?

20. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

As Mayor, I'll guess I'll listen to your advice and choose the most suspicious person to send to the asylum. I haven't really thought that far ahead.