1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt3 - We Won't Be Counting Suckers, We'll Be Counting Stars

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Jul 30, 2013.

1. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@Stojil :

Asylum votes could be used to lynch 2 people in a single day. I'm planning to put derpy players (whose behavior and game play can cause confusion in town) into a position where they could easily be taken out before they cause more problems at the later stages of the game.

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

First off, killing isn't a mayoral power, so I think I'll quote Klackerz and say that such doesn't really inspire confidence.

Anyway, you being honest has historically not precluded you also being a member of a scum faction. That's all I meant, really.

---------- Post automerged at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

That, and I almost have to twitch when seeing the bright-red text, since the time that stands out the most to me using it, you also happened to be the game-role denoted by the same color, and well...

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

You mean the time when you were also scum? :p

Your logic has no place here. The Mayor clearly has the ability to kill people by paying off the inmates, you know with his mayor gold. I feel like you just don't understand the finer points of bribery Fen. Or should I say Enemy of all that is Good and Just?

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Stojil: If there is a clear consensus, I'll go with it. If there isn't, I’ll go with my own scum suspects.

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Deadline Lynch Vote: Jon

How about a serious answer? ;)

6. Caesar

Caesar First Year

I quite like the responses of font and Wetnurse to Stojil's question. Slightly disconcerted by Jon's promise to kill people.

As to the Sesc thing, in a game with so many high-calibre players I'd say he has decent odds. My vote will stay where it is for the nonce.

7. Jon

Sure. You're taking a hardcore 'everyone else' stance with the vague disposition of 'leading the town'. I'll bet my life on you being scum till the end of the game.

Lynch Vote: Uncle Stojil

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

So you're basically trolling. And editing. Great.

9. Jon

And you're avoiding my statement completely, just like you've been trying to lead everyone since your very first post to avoid any scrutiny?

For clarification here is the 'edited post' which I accidentally submitted before expanding. I forgot it was against the rules to edit and I apologise for doing so. Admittedly, I hadn't expected anyone to keep such a close eye on the thread (It was literally five seconds.):

10. Jon

If anyone else feels that that is too gross a violation of the rules I'll happily resign my position and let someone else take over.

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I'm not sure what the hardcore 'everyone else' stance means, but the vague disposition of leading the town is me asking one question? Or pointing out a faulty reasoning in Mayor voting from Fishy Justice?

Besides, 'leading the town', which seems like a somewhat accusing way of saying 'favour discussion' is what I do. Every time. It's not a scumtell nor a towntell. It's me playing.

*sigh. I think Smile has a system of strikes or something. Either way, I don't want you resigning. I was kind of excited to play with you (I don't know if you remember our last game? :awesome). But editing is not cool and you did it quickly enough that it doesn't show. I caught it so I pointed it out. Did you want me to not say anything?

12. Jon

The former, quite simply, your posts have been all about everyone else justifying themselves to you. While everyone else has the mindset of proving that they are town to everyone else your mindset is everyone else should prove that they're town to you. Quite simply it raises too many alarms for me to not immediately point a finger at you and demand to weigh you against a duck.

As for you pointing the edit out, honestly? I don't mind. I agree it's something I shouldn't have done, but at the same time I also feel that I've not hidden or taken out any information that would have changed the stance/tone of the post aside from elaborating. It could have easily been another post straight afterwards and neither post would have lost any of the tone/information.

The main point with that was you didn't bother to address anything within the post and made a declaration of me trolling which, as you would have known from seeing the post before the edit that it was not the case.

13. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hey guys, I don't think that edit was due to any real malicious intent, assuming what Jon posted as pre-edit was what he actually posted and all.

This is a reminder not to edit your posts! Next time will result in an angry reaction from me!

14. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Actually, my trolling comment was directed at the post before the edit.

1) I asked you a question about the Mayor Asylum power.
    2) You answered with "I promise I will kill someone". You continue with a joke about bribing inmates to kill the Asylum prisoners.
    3) I asked you for a serious answer with also a pressure/joke-vote on you.
    4) You answered with "Sure, I think you're scum" and a vote on me.

... tell me that doesn't look like trolling to you, come on. Also added to the "NO U" reaction, it makes me feel like I'm playing with the worst version of Ashaya, which I fucking hate.

As for me justifying myself, from what? I haven't been asked questions, I haven't campaigned for Mayorship, and I was more irked at the trolling and the fact you had edited the post rather than at the content of the second one.

15. Jon

It doesn't look like trolling to me because It's the same thing as every Mafia game? There's no point in me being seriousface.jpg at this stage of the game.

The only people who're going to come down hard on it have ulterior motives, either because they have a town role that means having outlying actions makes it harder to choose who to target for their rolechecks/sanitychecks, or because it interferes with the ability to force scrutiny on specific players.

16. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Jon never really trolls, it's just that he's about the only one who can get away with Roleplaying because he does it like a classy motherfucker.

Just saying.

17. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm. Jon makes some interesting points, though the editing is a bit fishy. I'm willing to put it down to a derp moment since Jon hasn't played Mafia in a long while, but it makes him someone to keep an eye on (especially given the Demon Mayor :p).

As for what to do with the Asylum: I consider it the best means of finding out who is what, since Asylum votes end with role reveal, as well as blocking powers.

Lungs: Do extra life roles like the MattSilver and Palindrome have them in the Asylum?

That means if we've got a potential scum (whether found through typical scumhunting or through the Zeitgeist), we stick them in the Asylum and kill them to find out if they're part of a team or not.

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

This is fucking bullshit.

As demonstrated by Fishy Justice getting something wrong, it's not the same thing. As demonstrated by your argument about players proving themselves as town in the thread, it would actually be nice if we didn't have a re-repeat of a scum Mayor. As demonstrated by the Mayor candidates not even considering the Irene when answering my question, even if it's the same thing, it's still worth discussing it somewhat seriously. Since nobody seems to remember that game, might I remind you guys that the first night in DLPHunt1, the Irene and the Mayor targeted the same player to put him in the Asylum, effectively wasting town resources?

(Fake edit - Aekiel has come out and talked about the role-flip aspect)

19. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Alright, I’m awake!

Here’s the mayor votes as they stand so far:

Mayor Vote:
    Klackerz: Klackerz, Fen, Luckylee. (3)
    Jon: Jon, Kalas. (2)
    Sesc: Caesar. (1)
    Wetnurse: Wetnurse. (1)
    Font: Font. (1)
    Aekiel: Rents. (1)

Of them, I’m inclined to vote for either Font or Sesc. I liked Font’s answer to Stojil’s question, and I like Sesc's laid back attitude. Though if I can’t have either, I’d vote for Klackerz, since I’m familiar with his playing style. We have around twenty-nine hours left to vote for mayor, so I don’t see reason to throw out my vote just yet.

-

Four people haven’t posted: Menace, Eido, Jwlk, and Seratin. I’m not sure what they’re doing, but they should get to this thread, pronto.

20. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Has Jon actually voted for himself? I only recall him using the red text of truth to tell us it was in our best interests top elect him.