1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt3 - We Won't Be Counting Suckers, We'll Be Counting Stars

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Oh, you're right. Sorry, my mistake.

Mayor Vote:
    Klackerz: Klackerz, Fen, Luckylee. (3)
    Jon: Kalas. (1)
    Sesc: Caesar. (1)
    Wetnurse: Wetnurse. (1)
    Font: Font. (1)
    Aekiel: Rents. (1)

2. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Well Stojil and Joins rants were fun but added no real substance to getting a mayor elected and indeed, kinda put me off both of them. I like Sescs post enough to

Deadline Mayor Vote: Sesc

3. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

No, I'm pretty sure that was DLPHunt2. I was the Irene, and I got super butthurt over that. >_>

Anyway, yeah, the ability to Asylum every other night is still super strong, even if we don't have the extra bulletproof vest to last the Mayor past Night 1. I'd give it to someone that can be trusted/fairly easily read, and then make it a matter of public vote. As in, town has a secondary (or tertiary?) fakevote every two days where they decide on the Asylum target for the Mayor.

This is very important, because crossing the streams is bullshit and I'm still mad it happened to me and Aekiel with so many people alive.

Actually, that brings up a point I've been wondering about since I played the Irene. Would it be a good idea to dictate their Asylum targets as well? Like, we can't lynch them if they target someone else because we don't know them like we will the Mayor, but we at least know they're town.

I dunno, I'll have to give the ruleset another read through and see if there are any roles or mechanics that make that nonviable.

For now, though:

Mayor Vote: Sesc

I have bad memories of Klackerz from that one WitchHunt game I played with him, Wetnurse and Aekiel are both on a derp roll, and I don't know anything about how Jon plays. Font at this point would be the other current candidate I might go for, but I'll stick with Sesc for now. I like his attitude.

4. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

You mean the game where both of us were scums? tbh I don't even remember the game. I had to go look at the thread to see it. Anyway fair enough we lost that game

5. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

So Lungs is a derp, and just assumed that my 'maybe' meant 'yeah I'm in, don't worry about checking with me before starting game and stuff'.

I'll know more in ~24 hours if I can play this, or if I should replace out, sorry.

6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Touche.

...although for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure a Demon Mayor and Gilgamesh would qualify for the title more than a mere Warlock and a Saint.

That being said, that whole thing with Stojil makes me concerned about both of you at the moment. Calm thyself, sweet child.

7. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I am going to sleep now. I have some work tomorrow morning. Will check this by tomorrow afternoon ie 14-15 hours latet

8. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Aaaaahhhh DLP ate my post two times. I hate it.

---------- Post automerged at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Anyway, the gist of what I was saying was that I don't think the mayor really matters in this game. Without the extra life, and asyluming only every other day isn't a huge deal imo.

Also, the mayor should definitely not be making the decision on who to asylum. The town should, in thread. It should be voted on, and if the mayor doesn't choose who we voted on we kil-... er, impeach him. Democracy ftw.

With that said, i'm going to mayor vote Jon

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This was going to be that game :(

10. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Phooone.

The mayor is a useful town tool, just as any tool for town helps. I wondered about the longevity but I can see it lasting for a few reasons. Probably not until end game but still.

I am considering Sesc, and I do like Aekiel's answer on a superficial level. I am luke warm towards the rest. I will make a longer post before I sleep tonight. I will probably finalize my choice then.

11. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Think about this too guys, whomever we choose for mayor will have a potential target on their back. Think very carefully.

Also on phone

12. Vira

High Score:
    Okay, question: in what ways can we prevent our mayor from dying on Night One? I know certain roles have a built in extra life (Mattsilver, Castiel), but ignoring that, only the KaiDASH can give protection, though the protected will die with the KaiDASH (and the Vira’s Bullet Punch can activate before the KaiBOT.) The Mishie can protect two people at once, but only after they die. Other than those four roles, there’s no way for the mayor to live through N1, outside of being scum or if I somehow missed another live-saving role.

So, my question for the candidates: do you still want to be mayor, even if it means you could die on Night One?

13. Striker

Obviously the Mattsilver should claim so we can elect them.

In all seriousness, there's not much we can do in regards to Mayor dying Night 1 because there's no conventional Doc in this game (Thanks Lungs). All we can do is cross our fingers and hope.

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Huh, I didn't realize that the KaiDASH chooses KaiBOTSs for the following day and night phase. I really enjoy living, so that makes me less eager to go for mayor. Good thing I'm not getting much support anyway. :/

Could you elaborate on this?

If we're going with the idea that the mayor has very little protection and that the town should vote on the asylum target, would it be better to elect a mayor that scum would not normally kill early in the game? That way scum has to choose between killing a strong town player and getting rid of the mayor.

15. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Lynch: Fontisian

Found the Eidolonic.

Discuss.

16. Striker

Wait, what? I'm confused.

17. Vira

High Score:
    Eido, are you trying to get lynched so you don't have to play anymore? You can't just vote to lynch someone without providing a detailed explanation.

18. fontisian

Ok Eido.

Menace: From what I can see, there is no reason the mayor should survive beyond night one. Solution: Make a person who never gets killed early on (like Riley or someone) the mayor, so that scum have to choose between killing a strong town player (Eido or Stojil for example) or less strong town player who has the mayor ability. Basically, we look to minimize an inevitable loss.

---------- Post automerged at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

This works only on the assumption that town will be picking the asylum target for the mayor. Otherwise, a stronger player would be better.

---------- Post automerged at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

It's an idea. I'm not sure if it's a good one, but I would like some feedback on it.

19. Striker

I was referring to Eido's post, actually.

20. fontisian

Oh. Carry on.