1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt3 - We Won't Be Counting Suckers, We'll Be Counting Stars

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Jul 30, 2013.

1. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@fontisian:

This is why I'll be a perfect candidate for mayor. I'm a sometimes derpy player who'll probably live through 2 night kills. (Unless Aekiel shoots me again)

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    We have eighteen hours to choose a mayor.

Fuck it. Sesc, do you still want to be mayor? If not, I’ll probably vote for Jon since he seems to want it.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And I have internet again!

Anyway, I'd like to see Eido's reasoning on why Fontisian could be the Eidolonic. I'd normally be dismissive at this point, but I place Eido on basically the same tier as Irene when it comes to this game. I would not be surprised in the least if he came out with a highly accurate role list on day two.

That said, I'm still willing to put my name in for Mayorship. Hopefully without giving too much away, I have a role that isn't too important (and apparently I'm on a derp roll) so I'm willing to risk being killed early on. Besides, Vira's Bullet Punch is the only thing that can pre-empt a Mayor's Asylum decision and I doubt scum are willing to use one of their most powerful abilities this early (especially since most of Vira's powers require prediction to use now).

Mayor Vote: Aekiel

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I guess.

I'm a target either way -- and I also don't really see the 'dead after night 1'-thing. If we put it up to vote, Mafia can comfortably influence it the usual way, what'd be the point of getting rid of something they have a say in?

Which, by the way, is why I'd want any halfway competent mayor to listen what others say, but ultimately make their own calls (and which is why I'm currently not very happy with jwlk). If you lot start voting shit like the last game, I'm certainly going to pick my own targets.

5. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Stop saying that. We can't give the Jwlk hints, especially not this early in the game. You need to slow your derp roll, bro.

6. Aekiel

High Score:
    Or, you know, I could be lying. Isn't Mafia fun?

Sesc: I agree for the most part, but having two votes per day also gives us more information to work with. It builds concrete ties between people and gives the Mayor/Irene/Town a better idea of who may or may not be scum. Still, I wouldn't go with lynching the Mayor based solely on whether he adhered to the democratic vote or not. That would go by context and on a case-by-case basis.

7. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Er. If it's just the number, we have the lynch vote, the stay-in-asylum vote, the die-in-asylum vote and out-of asylum vote. I agree that more votes bring more info, but how many more votes do you want?

We could also hold votes on the target of the Irene, and who the Stojil checks, and which player becomes a KaiBot. At one point, you just have to trust that the player isn't a total derp and can read and think for himself. I'm going to put my opinion in the thread, for both the Irene and the mayor if they care, but I'm not about to cast a fifth formal vote.

8. Aekiel

High Score:
    Actually, that's only 2/3 votes. The Asylum vote is basically a three way choice for each player inside the Asylum. You either kill, free or incarcerate.

And the call for a democratic Mayor is basically just another method of getting players to say what they think about other players. It also helps detect a potential scum!Mayor, if we're unlucky enough to elect one.

9. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

To everyon worrying about the mayor dying: wouldn't the hermonies benefit slightly more by keeping the mayor alive and having us second guess (hey, mayor isn't dead yet... Its cause he's one of them!) Rather than straight up killing him and remove all doubt? I figure a couple asylum commitments is worth it to them, which is why voting on a mayor is important, since essentially its giving out another role to town and with three hostile factions we need all the help we can get.

If you feel this is incorrect please elaborate I'd love to get some meaningful mechanic discussion that benefits town rather than going around in circles.

Oh and vote Sesc.

10. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Btw guys, I don't have too much of an issue with players thumbing each other's posts as long as they're in the game.

It is no substitute for participation, however.

11. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Klackerz isn't being active enough to be mayor, so in an effort to get something done I'll just vote Aekiel. His has been active and not seemingly scum, I'd vote Sesc but he seems uninterested, either due to him having an important role and not wanting to be targeted, or just playing it off idk. So Rescind Mayor Vote Mayor Vote : Aekiel

---------- Post automerged at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Blargh hate not being able to edit when I fuck up my grammar ><

12. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This sounds like a threat, he's a she, lynch her

No but really, I skimmed the thread, so far all I see is Jon!meta distracting everyone. why is there no focus on Menace, during mafia I dislike him as I find his game style frightening for reasons I don't comprehend. Also I only saw font getting at Eido for his strangevote but I don't think that's anything other than him trying to make progress somewhere. The alternative is that he understands something about game dynamics or has a role that would make him aware of her actual role

I feel Lungs is lurking too much, doesn't everyone know when he lurks it means he's plotting evil traps?

Why have I seen so little of Azi, at this point is three posts actually that low? I'm pretty sure I'm at three so maybe this isn't a valid point anyways

PinkAekiel: what magical mayor ability do you want most?

13. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Seeing as I'm gaining little traction for becoming mayor, I guess I'll just

Unvote Mayor : Wetnurse

and

Vote Mayor : Sesc

Although Aekiel seems to have a solid plan on how to use the Mayor powers, I'm a bit wary with the way he derped in Battle School Mafia (not to mention gunning me down N2). I don't want a possibly derp Mayor.

14. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Probably because I haven't done anything to warrant it? Just because you're too busy never posting to get a read on me doesn't mean I'm insta-scum.

Also, I was starting to agree about the point you were making on Eido (I'm still not sure what to make of his post) but then you went and made it clear you never read the rules and roles, because it's literally impossible for Eido to know her role on Day 1. And am I missing a reference here, or does your question towards Aekiel not make any sense? There's only one Mayor power in this set.

Seriously, what the hell are you doing?

Lynch Vote: Rents

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I think everyone needs to just calm down and vote me in for Mayor.

Does that sound reasonable?

16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I was going for reasonable, I hope that's how it came across. :awesome

17. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Fuck you, Stojil.

Mainly posting to ask Lungs to change all instances of my name being used to "Ash". I changed my name on the forum for a reason...

18. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Keybooooard.
    Certainly.

This. Depending on the type of scum we're dealing with, they may try to influence the mayor to their advantage. The best counter to this is to be aware of this fact. However, in the long term, the Mayor could become more of a hamper than a use. Which is why I figure the mayor will not live until end game.

The second reason is the sheer number of high caliber players. The mayor's powers, the more I think about them, are far from the greatest threat to scum. The mayor is an easy target, yes, but not necessarily the best one. The mayor is still a target, but he might not be as big a target as we might think. Of course, losing the mayor would still suck. Losing the mayor and a good player would suck more. But I'm having second thoughts about the importance, as part of the big picture, of the mayor. Still useful, just not deus ex worthy.

Oh, and the unlikely, but damn-I-really-hope-so, chance of mattsilver or a none-scum OTP getting mayor.

This, however, I like. As long as we don't pick an obvious derp player this could work. But of the current candidates I don't feel a strong candidate matches this idea. Unless someone wants to step up?

Honestly at this point I would be happy with Aekiel or Sesc.

Since honor kind of dictates: Deadline Mayor Vote: Sesc.

I will be on before mayor vote ends to change if anything develops.

Not as long a post as I had planned. But it's 5am and fuck you. :D

---------- Post automerged at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

Well, the mayor's POWER. But hush.

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Why Aekiel?

One hour and two posts (Riley and Sesc) later:

Wut?

Since he apparently disappeared and his pressure (if that was what it was) didn't have any effect, tell me why you think he accused you of being the Eidolonic and what you think about it.

I'm not totally against this, but the priority is still trying and giving it to a townie. I have all the candidates as null reads at best, scummy at worst (Klackerz with somewhat unwarranted support, Aekiel with repeated hints about his role).

Goddammit, would you people stop annoying me with that? Voting shit like what? Freaking Schrodinger? HE WAS A HUGE DERP! The other vote was Bill Door, which you started, so what the hell are you even talking about, here?

Anyway, there are pros (avoiding wasting the Irene's power, getting info) and cons (scum influencing the decision) to voting for the Mayor's target. The Irene's problem could just as easily be avoided by the Mayor simply stating who he's going to incarcerate before end of day, but there are obviously cons (scum messing with it and WHINE coming into play) to that as well.

I propose we give him 2-3 candidates and tell the Irene to pick someone else. This can obviously change depending on what happens on any given day, but it's a starting point.

You don't even skim the thread well, which is weird, since you have a lot of experience with it. There is A LOT beside some things about Jon's meta in the thread. Your whole post reads like you trying to unwillingly force "content" in.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Rents

:3

It's not news that your play-style annoys me, is it? It's not trollish all the time, but that makes it even worse.

20. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Well I had this long ass post about all the players and then I hit the damn back button once too much...ugh.

This is the main gist of what I wanted to post: I don't want the mayor vote, if anyone even slightly thought about it, forget it. I refuse to campaign, I refuse to attempt for the role. I don't want it, there are far better players who would be far better choices.

---------- Post automerged at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

This is what I had posted about the others, boiled down to short bites.

Wetnurse stepping down is pretty townish to me.

Jon is Demon Mayor always.

Aekiel and Rents derping around

Stojil/Sesc skirmish happens all the time but I can never tell which side is which.

The rest are mostly null reads.

I am town.