1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Do you ever have dreams in the Harry Potter universe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FitzDizzyspells, Apr 12, 2023.

1. FitzDizzyspells

FitzDizzyspells Seventh Year DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

I do, once in a blue moon, but never to the extent that I actually think there really is a real Hogwarts or a real Harry Potter. The scenarios are always framed like I’m reading (and vividly imagining) a slightly different version of the books. My dreams typically revolve around the Golden Trio.

Sometimes I’m in the stories, but other times I’m just a reader.

2. Silirt

Silirt Chief Warlock DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

It was a long time ago the last time that happened. It's just weird little scenarios, but there's something about looking up and seeing loads of books on a shelf in a library that I can never visualize so well on my own.

3. yargle

yargle Professor

Sadly, I don't. I only get the one where someone slips something into my shampoo that makes my beard fall out.

4. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Occasionally, but it turns out that I'm just as much a muggle in dreams as I am in the real world. Spells never work from what I remember.

5. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure that I had a dream where I was a student at Hogwarts with all of the people I went to school with. It just felt natural at the time, and I don't think that anything out of the ordinary happened.

6. Villanelle

Villanelle Groundskeeper

High Score:
    When I was a child, I dreamt of an extended pre-Hogwarts sequence where Harry gets bullied by Dudley and his gang before/after school and he goes to hide in a shed, while they're banging on the door.

Not sure what happened next in-dream, but at the time, I was convinced it was part of the films. Even talked about it with friends, who promptly told me that never happened.

Not quite HP related, but mildly embarrassing, considering I was in my mid teens then, I imagine. But dreamt I went to Brown, and Emma Watson and I were dating smh.

7. Mr. Mixed Bag

Mr. Mixed Bag Seventh Year

That is embarrassing. I don’t even need to be sleeping to dream about dating Emma Watson.

8. RFD

RFD Squib

A couple of months ago I had a dream about Voldemort researching migratory flying serpents and carving runes into their scales so that he could track them.

More recently, I dreamt of Tom's time at the orphanage. I remember there were underground trains and a lot of rusted structures. The whole dream was terrifying despite featuring no magic whatsoever.

9. MetalGearGreninja

MetalGearGreninja Banned

I used to have a recurring dream about learning one spell or another, getting it down, then having to use it in practice and not being able to do it. Which is probably why I haven't finished Legacy yet, accidentally using a spell that's on cooldown is so frustrating and also brings back memories of being a shit wizard.

10. zugrian

zugrian Fourth Year

Surprisingly, no. I've had tons of dreams about other fandoms, but never Potter that I can remember.

11. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

I have, several times. Usually Voldemort is trying to kill me and my wand isn't working very well and Dumbledore is trying to protect me but isn't doing a very good job, but luckily I seem pretty immune to Voldemort's curses so I don't die.