1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by EsperJones, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

If the Doctor had become female earlier (by Matt Smith's term at the latest), it would have negated a good portion of the upcoming backlash.

Now, there's going to be people wondering, "did they do this based on merit? Or did they do it based on 'superduper radfem diverse inclusive progressive sjw cuck' etc."

And as for adapting to female biology, the best possible outcome is that "the Doctor is female now yo, get over it" is the best way to deal with it. Don't make a big fucking deal of it and you have a chance to keep the fans/core audience. Or you know, you could do the total opposite of that and obsess over the fact that SHE will be doing things differently now that SHE is a GIRL and so much better because of it. Because that really sells over good writing and stories, just ask Marvel Comics.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    coughCOLINBAKERcough

Ahem. Excuse me. Frog in the throat.

Colin Baker.

Anyway.... Jodie's not the most exciting choice for a first female Doctor, but I think she'll do well. When she, Colman, or Tennant are not onscreen, Broadchurch can be a snoozefest. So yeah, exciting news... BUT SHE AINT GINGER GODDAMNT.

If they brought Tennant in for the Valyard, and Olivia Colman for the Rani.... I would watch the shit out of that.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't have any problem with the new casting, she's a great actress and no doubt she'll do a great job as long as the writing is there.

Despite this, it does seem like they were eventually going to bow to the pressure of having the Doctor be either female or black because of rampant social outcry. I don't have an issue with a black Doctor. Don't have an issue with a female Doctor. I do however have an issue with just doing shit to fill your PC quota.

To be fair, she's a better choice than Swinton for the role imo but in my heart I really really wanted Rupert Grint to get it.

4. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017