1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Once they get over the trauma of their day, there's a whole host of horrible images for them to mull over.

"I'm quite the screamer. Now there's a spoiler for you!"

2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I just read that DW has a green light for a seventh season (what a surprise, I know ;) ). But then I read that they're thinking about between 2012 and 2013 premiere. Now it makes sense why we have two parts of this season. Otherwise it would be about year and a half of waiting for new DW.

3. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Third Year

LIVE. I really do hope that they don't kill Matt Smith off though. I've come to like him better than most other Doctors.

4. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

They'll have to eventually. Who was the longest running doctor? They ended Tennant and people loved him.

Plus were so close to finally getting the valeyard. Especially since he has to find a way to travel back to gallifrey even though it is time locked, to interact with the Doctors own past.

5. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor, he did it for seven years.

6. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

Didn't they also say that Smith has been contracted until the end of 2013? Does this means that he will remain till the end of either Season 7 or 8?

7. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Third Year

He's only contracted until the end of 2013? That's kind of crap.

8. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude Fourth Year

It's never said anywhere that he can't keep going after 2013, just that he's only on contract until then. He might very well sign on for further seasons after that.

9. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

That is true.

10. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Tennant chose to quit, he wasn't forced.

11. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I doubt they would have ever fired tennant. He was extremely popular. Smith is slowly but surely becoming just as liked a doctor. So I figure he is there till he doesn't want to be.

12. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Third Year

Nice. Should be some good seasons coming up then.

13. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

What interests me is, after Smith, they only have one more Regeneration left, one more Doctor - unless some wierd retconing is done - I do wonder what they are going to do after him.

14. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Way back in the old series, the Time Lords somehow managed to extend their regenerations. I think he's still good for somewhere in the 20+ region for regenerations.

15. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    He's good for as long as the BBC are willing to make it, lets face it. If it's doing well, they're not going to cancel it because of a few easily reworkable lines in episodes half the audience have never seen.

16. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

They could just reboot the series/restart in a seperate universe. It's what I'm hoping for actually. That way we could go over classic arcs and bring back a lot of the older aliens at the same time.

17. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I don't know if that would work for this series. Part of the appeal is that this show is so pervasively historic.

Not the time travel but the fact we have maybe two or three generations who have grown up around the show.

Anyone who is watching now has had to either get familiar with the series enough to look at this with understanding regarding the in jokes, or look at this as a show of discovery and find out what they mean as they watch the new episodes.

I'm sure right now there are tons of people who after watching the season finale are just now finding out about Susan Foreman, or Jenny.

The fact that its out there and relevant to todays story line draws in a lot of people. They might do that ten years after they stop showing the series again.

They could definetly do a AU series where we explore the doctor of a parrelel universe. Or what I'm hoping for, a Mini series documenting the Time war.
    Was that ever cannonized in show or just discussed in Radio, Novel and Comic?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  18. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude Fourth Year

Two more. The Doctor just went through his tenth regeneration, and is currently in his eleventh incarnation/life. Twelve regenerations means he has thirteen lives.

Don't think it has been. Personally, I rather like the mystery surrounding it. I'd rather they didn't show it, because at the moment it feels like the Time War was something that cannot be imagined or visualised unless you were there.

19. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

Ah, but your forgetting the time as the 10th Doctor when he got shot and used up one of his regenerations to heal himself, sending the remaining energy into his old hand which would then combine with Donna to create the MetaCrisisDoctor. He has one.

20. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

That one doesn't count I don't think. I think a regeneration requires a complete personality, body change. That was maybe a half regeneration.

So his last regeneration he will become a midget.

A Ginger Midget

A evil Ginger Midget

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011