1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

Oh to actually count as a regeneration, that is the case, but he did use up all the energy for it. I think, I don't know. We will see how Steven Moffat treats it when the time comes. I have hope that the man will be Head Writer for at least 2 Doctors.

2. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

He did indicate that if he had his way, he would have a older doctor. Someone in his 40's.

And I guess it makes sense considering all the actors who played him.

3. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

According to the doctor who wikia, Moffat would have like Capt Jack in A Good Man Goes to War but the guy who plays capt Jack was busy filming Miracle Day. Damn torchwood. Im looking forward to the new series of torchwood but I had much rather have Capt Jack on DW.

I mean if your forming an army having an old friend who can't die tagging along would make sense. Imagine having River and Jack with the doctor. Both are more than willing to kill when needed and are willing to call the doctor on bullshit when needed.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  4. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude Fourth Year

This must happen.

5. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Its a shame because it would bring a lot of publicity to the New Torchwood series being made.

I was never a fan but from a marketing standpoint it would have been stupendous.

EDIT:

follow along for one second.

Amy was pregnant, but a ganger. She assumed that she wasn't pregnant because of the presence of the Silence.

So that quessyness could have very well have been pregnancy related.

But then they very clearly showed River get sick.

River song is Melody pond. That was stated clearly. but it is presumed due to the doctor flashing back that the regenerating girl is River as a child.

River and the doctor are very clearly getting closer together.

Regenerating girl is actually River and the Doctors child. Amy's Grand daughter. That way maybe River won't be able to regenerate but the fact that she has timelordy DNA makes her close enough to the doctor to have a child together who can Regenerate.

Probably not but would be a good twist

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  6. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

I've only seen a couple Doctor Who episodes before, but I thought the series looked interesting enough to check out. That said, there's a fuck load of episodes and the beginning doesn't seem viable. Where should I start?

7. Covil

Covil Fourth Year

Rose or The Eleventh Hour are both good starting points for the new series. Rose is the debut of the Ninth Doctor and The Eleventh Hour is the start of Moffat taking over as well as pretty much a reboot with mostly a whole new cast.

8. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

If you want to watch modern Doctor Who two points are good - at the beginning of the relaunched series in 2005 or at the start of season five that marks a new showrunner and a new Doctor (11th).

9. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I'd watch at the first season of relaunch in 2005. Either you won't like it, and it won't matter, or you'll love it and you'll go back to watch those episodes anyway.

Plus, you'll have more of an idea what's going on when we talk about past episodes without having to start from scratch.

10. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Thanks, guys. Started watching at the first episode of the one that aired in 2005, which wikipedia said was 'Rose'.

EDIT: Love it so far.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  11. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Anyone else watch Miracle Day last night?

I had a feeling that might happen to Jack, everyone becoming immortal him becoming not invulnerable. Only difference people don't heal like Jack used too. They still need human medicine to patch them up.

Other than that I thought it was a decent start I guess. Need a couple more episodes to determine how good its going to be.

12. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

Most of the people posting in this thread need to fuck right off.

Torchwood is a joke. It was homosexual propaganda disguised as an "edgy" sci-fi show for adults that is still in the process of incorporating a bunch half-baked plots.

If I was in anyway inclined to write a better scenario for that smegma you let dribble through your teeth and onto the keyboard, I would eat a bunch of Sree's homemade curry, get diarrhea, and shit painful liquid that would sound more intelligent. Don't get me started on Donna. Or Rose.

And, because those retarded predictions came true of River being the baby, I assume that my own retarded prediction of the Doctor becoming some crazed hybrid of Josef Fritzl and Pedobear will be happening in Autumn.

Oh, and because QuaziJoe's here (and Covil, because he lives in fucking Surrey too), fuck both of you. If the HST sticks, I am murdering both of you.

So, in summation:

[​IMG]

Davies, Moffat and QuaziJoe? You are so not the best of creativity.

13. Jericho

Jericho Sixth Year

Where in the fuck did that come from?

14. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

It's been festering for some time. I'm inclined to agree with him, for the most part. RTD is shit.

Moffat was better at one-off episodes, tbh.

River being Amy/Rory's kid was the one thing I didn't want Moffat to end up doing.

15. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

That is something we can both agree on.

RTD was bad and Moffat has got worse over time.

I was sadly dissapointed when River turned out to be the baby. I so want it to be a lie, but that ain't going to happen.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  16. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

RTD had a few good episodes and really deserves kudos for bringing the show back. Season "1" was the best one of the new show. Nothing more.

Moffat had some of the best episodes but his themes started recurring a lot. I don't like the River situation either - never really liked River as a character, myself.

17. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I think someone takes their Science Fiction a touch too seriously...

18. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I dunno what the fuck you are all talking about tbh. I love the new Doctor Who, and have no issues with River at all.

19. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Couldn't care less that Melody is river. Im more interested in how we go from the little baby to Time traveller, convicted murder, and significant other of the Doctor. And how her reputation is almost as great as the doctor's in certain circles.

I personally really like Doctor Who since it came back.

20. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

My problem with River is the way that she described the Doctor in 'Silence in the Library' made it sound like she knew him from a long long way in his future not just a few years. Although I suppose that could be sorted by the 200 years older Doctor.

As to her being Amy's baby, I suppose if the relationship and reactions are done done really really cleverly it could be interesting, but I doubt it.