1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know any other bwl story good enough to read?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by pdgrunge, May 13, 2012.

1. pdgrunge

pdgrunge Squib

This is really good story in comparision with other bwl ....does anyone know any other bwl story good enough to read?

EDIT by Minion:
    Other than Santi's, as originally this post was, of course, posted in that thread.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2012
  2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Of course there are numerous SilverAegis clones, though if you think they are readable is up to you.

A quick search of our library brings up this: The Other Boy Who Lived by Kwan Li - M

It's been completed in March and features Neville as 'Boy Who Lived'.

3. gullibleoats

gullibleoats Seventh Year

The Unsung Hero is average, but it's good for wasting time.

4. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

That story is just a stream of plot holes with a paper thin background. Despite the horrible end and a few weird decisions the best I can recall is Unsung Hero.

5. Portus

Portus Heir

The Substitute by BajaB, though I doubt that's what you're looking for.

Oh, and By the Divining Light by enembee, though again, probably not what you mean.

And Unsung Hero?!? It was great back however many years ago. Except for the last couple chapters 'cause, you know, they sucked donkey balls.

6. samkar

7. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Antithesis is pretty good, though it's abandoned. Kind of hard to trudge the Abusive!James/Lily at the start, but a somewhat good explanation for their behavior is offered near the end.

8. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

And then there are numerous "wrong" Boy Who Lived stories.

Antihyphen is a work in progress with some hints at "wrong" BWL instead of "other" BWL. Harry's twin sister is the Girl Who Lived, Harry is a Slytherin, and it's still early into year one.

Deprived is a classical "wrong" BWL with James and Lily alive, featuring neglected!Harry, super!Harry, Harry/Fleur. It's trashed here for several reasons (though still some kind of guilty pleasure for me).

9. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Heh, I can't explain why I like that one either, but it's definitely on the same list for me. It's funny when you can sit there and pick a story to pieces but still enjoy it so much.

Unsung Hero is like early John Grisham novels - abolutely great for 99% of the story, then it's like he got bored at the end and just said "alright, I'm done writing this. Peace!" If it wasn't for BarbLP, that would be the worst and most anger-inducing ending ever to grace fanfiction.

10. pdgrunge

pdgrunge Squib

thanks guys i'll check it out

11. Japboix1

Japboix1 Second Year

Deprived is good. I find it hard to believe the behaviour Lily and James show in that one but it's not as bad as some other fics I've seen. I also liked the idea of the mercenaries and bounty hunters and the Harry/Fleur pairing. That pairing is always good.

Unsung Hero was one of the best stories I'd ever read. Then I got to the part about him being the serpent king or whatever it was. After that I couldn't even make it through a chapter. It got really dumb.

12. samkar

You call a 14 year old mercenary bodyguard Gary Stu a good idea? I really don't get why people not change canon Hogwarts entry age then to make it somehow believable plot wise.

13. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Good god, that fic? I remember that fic, it was fucking horrible.

Don't read it.

14. pdgrunge

pdgrunge Squib

guys thanks for telling me but the only story good enough was unsung hero(but as Japboix1 said it really sucked with all king of serpent thing) and Antithesis(though its not updated)

i read a story some time back where harry was a ravenclaw and raised by remus and neville was bwl and younger than harry it was somewhat good can anybody remember it???

15. Japboix1

Japboix1 Second Year

First off, I never said I liked the fact that Harry somehow creates this being of hate at age 8 that makes him some chuck norris-like figure among the mercenaries, nor do I like the fact that he basically becomes so strong he faces down a dragon. Second, I liked the part with the mercenaries and bounty hunters. As in the other ones who weren't Harry. It's an idea that has always interested me. Third, the whole Hogwarts entry age thing didn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that Harry is basically making all of the adults his bitches.

@pdgrunge do you remember any other details about the plot of that one? Like pairings, if any, or things the characters do?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  16. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Knowledge is Power, by Fettucini. He took all his stories down, but a fan reposted that story. Link here.

17. pdgrunge

pdgrunge Squib

Yay! thats it thanks @Clerith

18. Japboix1

Japboix1 Second Year

I've only read the first chapter of this story so correct me if I'm wrong but is this the story where Harry has a jam session with Lily...?

19. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Well, if you call Harry playing 'Hotel California' over Lily's comatose body on Christmas Day a 'jam session', then yes, yes there is.

20. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

He had a jam session with Lily in Oedipus Flower, too, didn't he? :awesome

[​IMG]